PDA

View Full Version : I Know Uneven Growth is Common But Geesh!

DAK-S81
September 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
The hair on the right side of my head growth literally almost twice as fast as the left side. The left side averages .75" a month and the right side is around 1.25" per month. I must say, if I don't keep on top of trims I start to look like Gumby. :rolleyes: Anyone else cursed with the way-uneven-growth affliction?

Mexibeach
September 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
I have uneven growth as well - but for where I am at the moment, I consider any growth a good thing. I plan to leave it and keep tying the front back to ignore it ... until it's just longer! LOL

little_cherry
September 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
*raises hand*
I look like Gumby, too!! :D The hair on m left side grows faster than the right....It's humerus.

spidermom
September 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
For a long time, I thought that my growth was very uneven because I always needed to have more trimmed off the right side than the left. Then I let my hair grow for an entire year with no trims and was surprised to find that the left side had its growth spurts also, so that it pretty much evened itself out over the year, except for a few longest twigs here and there and not all on the right side.

Unofficial_Rose
September 23rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
The back of mine seems to grow twice as fast as the front. So unless I want a mullet, I have to trim the back a lot. :rolleyes:

Spidermom's point is interesting re hair evening itself out. There is no way I could go a year without a trim and have it looking OK, unfortunately.

Mexibeach
September 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
For a long time, I thought that my growth was very uneven because I always needed to have more trimmed off the right side than the left. Then I let my hair grow for an entire year with no trims and was surprised to find that the left side had its growth spurts also, so that it pretty much evened itself out over the year, except for a few longest twigs here and there and not all on the right side.

OH! This is interesting - and just another reason I won't trim for a few years myself!!!:)

Anje
September 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure of what to be more surprised by -- that much difference in growth between the sides of your head, or the fact that you get 1.25" per month anywhere!

skaempfer
September 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Ooooh! This is interesting! We should do a poll and a Long Term Study and See if it corelates to increased circulation due to increased right or Left Brain activity.

(BTW, sorry about the Random capitalisation. DH has His i-pad thingy set on something weird and it insists on guessing what I'm going to say and won't take no for an answer.)

Anyway, I know people whose back hair grows faster, and my hair is curlier on the right side which makes it seem to grow slower. I'm intrigued, now; I'll have to ask around.

Heidi_234
September 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Ooooh! This is interesting! We should do a poll and a Long Term Study and See if it corelates to increased circulation due to increased right or Left Brain activity.

That's.... quite awesome :rolling:

DAK-S81
September 23rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure of what to be more surprised by -- that much difference in growth between the sides of your head, or the fact that you get 1.25" per month anywhere!

I'm the slow grower in my family (my grandpa and I are also the only curlies as well.) :D I have a few cousins who cut to SL at the beginning of every summer (they live in Florida) and are back to waist by the beginning of the next summer (they also trim all year long.) They've been like that as far back as I can remember. My grandmother had super thick hip length hair until she was 70 or so and it grew like a weed as well.

I've been to WL several times, but usually out of laziness and immediately followed by a chop to SL. This is the first time that I've consciously decided to grow out my hair and I've become paranoid that all of a sudden it'll stop growing now that I want it to. :rollin: