PDA

View Full Version : Frizz Top

Dragon
September 23rd, 2010, 12:57 AM
Does any one else find when they tie there hair up they get lots of frizz on top of there head that seems to increase the more they wear it up?
Is it caused from breakage?
Also what do you use to get rid of the fizz that you can leave in with out having to wash it out?

Yozhik
September 23rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
My hair frizzes in updos depending on the humidity and if I'm doing any strenuous activity.
I think it's just the shorter hairs working their way out :shrug:

As for hair-friendly leave-ins, why not try coconut oil (just a tiny bit!) or aloe vera gel? I think that works to calm frizzies, although I also remember ktani saying something about how AVG may also cause more frizziness . . . umm, well I hope someone else who is more knowledgeable will stop by to clear up the confusion.

LittleOrca
September 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
I agree with the oil. I use that to control my halo and keep the baby hairs from getting too out of control when I have my hair up. Just be sure not to use too much oil at once!

anodyne_ame
September 23rd, 2010, 02:50 AM
I second the oil. It smooths out the small frizzies, but if it's rainy (or humid) outside, I get two massive corkscrew curls near my temples, no matter how much I try to smooth them.
Aloe gel is really efficient with the bigger frizz, though. At least for me.

Dars
September 23rd, 2010, 04:06 AM
I use a dab of my nicer no cone conditioner to smooth mine down.

Irnann
September 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
I prefer using cocos wax for those little hairs to calm them down.

ktani
September 23rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Aloe vera gel has humectant properties. People have reported that it works well mixed with oil.

This recipe has been reported to work very well after shampoo and conditioner and can be left in or lightly rinsed out, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53745 , is easy to do and is cost effective.

Little_Bird
September 23rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
This happens to me all the time, and I've just learned to live with it. It's just my natural hair texture. Those can be breakage, but if you're being very carefull with handeling your hair - like I am - then it's certainly baby hairs.

Don't worry about it too much :)

As for a solution, some people told me to wet it down a little after styling my hair or put oil. These work but don't last very long. Actually one day, as an accident, I found a way to smooth it out that was amazing, it looked completely smooth afterwards.

I decided to brush all my hair back into a french braid that day and I wore it for a couple of hours. When I took it out and combed my hair, parting it in the middle, it was completely smooth and straight. I think it might have worked like a set, because the hair was all brushed back, so it molded itself to that shape.

Hope it helps :) Don't fret about it too much though, if it's your natural texture. Love it and wear it proudly :flower:

spidermom
September 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Styling gel and aloe vera gel help, but what works best for me is styling wax, pomade, or styling putty.

swivelhop
September 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
I use the evil mineral oil to slick back the baby hairs. It just sits there, not evaporating or being absorbed so it actually last all day. :whistle:

Dragon
September 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for all your advive:)