PDA

View Full Version : Wife won't allow husband to cut hair.

carloota
September 22nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Interesting article on yahoo news today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Gisele-Bundchen-won-t-allow-Tom-Brady-to-cut-his?urn=nfl-271612

akuamoonmaui
September 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
hahaha! He should be on the abused SO thread!

Juneii
September 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
yeesh, he's a big boy can't he decide for himself? :( I feel bad for him.
In the article they mention everyone is making fun of his longer hair, maybe his wife wants his hair long so the ladies won't be attracted to him? :p

gretchen_hair
September 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
It sounds like a lame excuse to me, he probably doesn't want to cut his hair and is sick of hearing about it from everyone, so he just said that his wife wouldn't let him.

adiapalic
September 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
I think his hair looks fine, personally. I don't know what everyone else is on about. Possibly one of those band-wagon things where if its understood that his hair looks bad, everyone else just chimes in? And it's a possibility that it may not be that he's isn't *allowed* to cut it, but that he's holding onto it because he's pleasing her. In any case, I think he'd cut it if he wanted to. :shrug:

Katurday
September 22nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
I like his hair. Men get a lot of pressure to cut in the awkward stages of growing out, such as his. It really isn't fair.

Jessica Trapp
September 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
I think the article is titled to provoke reactions from people.

GoddesJourney
September 22nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
She probably wants him to grow it out and it's in that in-between stage. He's redirecting all criticism to her. The media likes to make it seem like he can't decide his own hair cut, but I think he's just doing it to please her and deflecting all the $**t talking. I got my husband to not cut his until summer this past year. It got to about the shaggy length that this guy's is at. People teased him and he gave a similar excuse. It's not that I wouldn't permit him, it's that he promised because it pleased me. I was happy. He liked it even if he wouldn't admit it. I caught him playing with it in the mirror many a time. :D

Catia
September 22nd, 2010, 10:03 PM
Umm. Well....

I told my husband I would leave him if he cut all his hair off.:whistle:

I've actually told him that quite a few times....

In my defense he's had long hair since a teenager and has gotten a ton of flack for it. (he was 33 when we met) So I'm being supportive. Yup. That's it. Supportive.

But he also knows chicks dig his hair. When he gets hit on that's usually what they mention. I'm not so supportive of that, but, whatever :patrol:

So yeah. Grow a backbone and stop blaming your wife dude.

Alun
September 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM
At that stage of growing out I suppose it has a certain '70s look to it, but all the people doing the criticism are jocks, so I don't value their fashion advice a whole lot. Trouble is, he's a jock too!

Dragon
September 23rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
I think his hair looks nice.

Yozhik
September 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
Catia -- great response! I LOLed :)

I think the haircut looks endearing.

Catia
September 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks Yozhik :p

I was afraid of getting :draw: for abusing a defenseless husband.

florenonite
September 23rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
I think his hair looks fine, personally. I don't know what everyone else is on about. Possibly one of those band-wagon things where if its understood that his hair looks bad, everyone else just chimes in? And it's a possibility that it may not be that he's isn't *allowed* to cut it, but that he's holding onto it because he's pleasing her. In any case, I think he'd cut it if he wanted to. :shrug:

I agree. The impression I got from "you'll have to speak to my wife about that" wasn't that she won't permit him to cut it, but that she likes it, or he's growing it out because she wants him to, and to respect that he won't cut it just because other people tell him to.

McFearless
September 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Umm. Well....

I told my husband I would leave him if he cut all his hair off.:whistle:

I've actually told him that quite a few times....

In my defense he's had long hair since a teenager and has gotten a ton of flack for it. (he was 33 when we met) So I'm being supportive. Yup. That's it. Supportive.

But he also knows chicks dig his hair. When he gets hit on that's usually what they mention. I'm not so supportive of that, but, whatever :patrol:

So yeah. Grow a backbone and stop blaming your wife dude.

Hahahahah!:p

drquartz1970
September 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Looks great.

Centaur
September 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
It could be more to try to hide his receding hairline than pleasing the wife. (It is pretty well known he is receding...and I've seen the pics where his hair has blown back exposing him.)

Either way, he is a good looking guy.

daaisychains
September 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I hope he leave his hair as it is, because that is some yummy looking hair ha.

Siava
September 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
What the heck is wrong with the length? It's sexy. I don't get why he's getting a bunch of lip from all over (and from Justin Beiber of all people). "The ladies don't like it." This one does. :D

Arianwen
September 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM
His hair looks hot. 'Nuff said.

DarkChocolate
September 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I cannot wait to see him with shoulder length hair:)

Alvrodul
September 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
He is at the awkward stage right now between "longish but well-groomed" and "I have long hair because that is what I want". Right now it is at that "I forgot the stylist's appointment" look that I used to have at certain times.:rolleyes:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is using the wife as an excuse, as a couple of persons upthread has suggested he might. :poot:

XcaliburGirl
September 28th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I agree, it either sounds like he's going along with what she likes because he doesn't mind it, or that he wants his hair like that and he's using her as an excuse so he doesn't have to admit it.

My DH and I have a long-standing agreement that we're each allowed to use the other as an excuse to avoid getting pressured into something. I use him as a harmless excuse if I don't feel like attending some get together:"DH's back pain is acting up, I have to take care of him.". He can avoid giving in to a high-pressure sales pitch by saying he has to run it by his wife first. It's one of the perks of being married because you have years of silly stereotypes to back you up. ;)

GlassEyes
September 28th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I call ********. She really might NOT want him to cut his hair, and he doesn't mind indulging her.

He does get made fun of though. I'm from MA, and I've heard it. But I don't think he should care much about it, considering he's married to a supermodel, and the people who are criticizing it aren't, so who cares? xD Super. Model. I don't care if it's shallow, or they have a deeper, more complex relationship, look at it from the surface. Super. Model. xD;