PDA

View Full Version : My One Year Anniversary At LHC! *Pic Heavy*

Aerith
September 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Today is my one year anniversary at LHC! :)

September 2009
Starting length: Tailbone length
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/MyHair06.png

I got a big 6 inch trim before I joined. The hemline was thick however it felt very dry, brittle, and annoying. My routine was to use a ton of shampoo with harsh sulfates and little conditioner so my hair wasn't "greasy fast." It was very flyaway and I wasn't happy with it.

December 2009, 3 months after I joined.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/PC060169.png

My hair is starting to look more shiny and feel more manageable with some new tips I learned.

May 2010, after I S&C I realize I'm at "Can I call this classic?" length!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/P5050108_1.png

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/P5050108_1.png

September 20th, 2 nights ago. Freshly CO washed and 75% dry (hence the extra waviness):

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/myhairupdate1.png

Yesterday Afternoon. After it was completely air dried and lightly oiled with coconut oil:
Current Length: Classic!?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/Melichan923/My%20Hair/myhairupdate2.png

I got it trimmed about an inch to an inch a half since last May, but I've gained a good five inches overall, meaning I think I have actually hit classic length! I got very slight angles in the front, about an inch shorter than the back because the front ends that hang around my face needed a good trim. My hemline is still pretty thick I think despite slight angles though so I'm very happy about that. (If you are wondering why the last few pics keep varying in color, it was because I was experimenting with different lighting.)

Changes I've made because of LHC, (some may or may not be permanent):

- I comb instead of brushing (Admittedly my comb is not seamless yet though.)
- I have switched to a non SLS shampoo temporarily, until I need to clarify.
- I have been experimenting with CO, I never would have considered it before!
- I'm sleeping on a Satin pillow case.
- Coconut oil and sometimes jojoba oil make my hair happy.
- I've learned what cones and proteins are and how to recognize them in the ingredients list. Right now I'm protein and cone free and my hair seems to really enjoy no protein.
- I've learned how to put my hair up in buns with and without hairsticks. I'm not that great at it yet though, my scalp is sensitive.
- I learned how to french braid my own hair without my arms falling off before I can.
- I learned how to rope braid, though not that well yet. :P
- I learned that putting your hair in a towel turban after washing is much better for me than air drying it sopping wet, and actually not damaging like I thought if done carefully.

There are probably more, but these are at least the main changes that have really helped my hair.

Thanks so much LHC! Thanks to you I have been able to get this far. I'm learning to love my hair for the first time. :flower: *Big hug for all of you*

ericthegreat
September 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Congratulations on making it to your first anniversary. Your hair is awesome, I really love how thick it is all the way down to the ends. And it also looks healthier and shinier now.

mommyowl
September 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Great job. Your hair is beautiful

MissManda
September 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
That is wonderful progress! Your hemline looks so lovely and you have gained a lot of shine. Congratulations on one year at LHC! :flower:

pepperminttea
September 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
It looks beautiful - wish I had your length! :thud:

akuamoonmaui
September 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Your hair is amazing! Congratulations!

Dragon
September 22nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
Congratulations :) It looks great.

LaurelSpring
September 22nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
You have amazing hair. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Trapp
September 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
:thud:

Your hemline is so thick. Gorgeous hair!

lindaton
September 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
I wish I had your hemline. Your hair is so so pretty.

Linda

LittleOrca
September 22nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Your hair is so wonderfully thick and lovely looking! You are definitely an inspiration!

little_cherry
September 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
Happy first anniversary! Your hair is beautiful!

Whijun
September 22nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Wow, you have impressively thick hair. Congrats!

triumphator!
September 23rd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Wow, look at your thick sheet of hair! And not fair you already started at tailbone! :)

Phexlyn
September 23rd, 2010, 12:47 AM
Happy Anniversary, Aerith! :flower:
I think you're just brushing classic, but it's difficult to see with the dark jeans ;)
You've learned a lot during your time here, and your hair obviously benefits. I love the little curve your ends make, and your hemline looks fantastic!

Yozhik
September 23rd, 2010, 01:01 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks so thick and lush, and it's obvious that you take great care of it :)

Patrice
September 23rd, 2010, 01:45 AM
Only one word: AMAZING, PERFECTION (2words).
It's just perfect the way it is. Keep it like this. Or grow longer... If it stays like this, kneelenght will be awesomely amazing (is that correct English?). And if not you can always cut back.

FrannyG
September 23rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
Happy anniversary!!! :hollie: Your hair is stunning, thick, gorgeous, perfect. I think you might be just a month or two away from being firmly at classic, but for all intents and purposes, you're pretty much there. Great growing, and obviously great care! :blossom:

Shield31
September 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Happy Anniversary !!!

You have done a fantastic job. Your hair is spectacular!!!

:)

MaryLA
September 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Congrats on your one year anniversary at LHC! I love your thick hemline.

Little_Bird
September 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Oh my God, it's classic for sure!! *major envy here*

Your hair is gorgeous and so thick :D I can definitly see y ou accomplishing your goal of ankle lenght.

Thank's for sharing the pictures! They're inspiring :) And congratulations on your annyversary! :flower:

Loreley
September 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
:thud: Your hair is gorgeous! I wish I had your hemline.

Pixna
September 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
WHOA!!! WOW!!! Your hair is AMAZING!!!

tinti
September 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful, and your hemline is so thick :D

linnepinne
September 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Wow! You are truly an inspiration to me! Congrats on your fabulous growth :D

ButterCup02
September 23rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Beautiful hair!! I love your thick hemline :)

Medievalmaniac
September 23rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Errrr.....ummmmm.....ahhhhh......wow.....ummmmm... .

:thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

I have no idea what else to say. Your hair....it's just...so.... :thudpile:

DarkChocolate
September 23rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Your hair is gorgeous:) I love your warm rich brown color:)

sophiamarie
September 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Wow! Beautiful. More inspiration for this newbie. I think I just changed my goals for my future length I would like to attain.

Mexibeach
September 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Congrats! It's BEAUTIFUL!!

Wicked Princess
September 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
:thudpile:

Aaaah! I'm so envious! Your hemline is very :thud: - worthy! And your length! I hope to have my hemline at the length in the next few months...but I doubt it will be as thick as yours!

Thank you for sharing! These are very inspiring pictures!

DavidN
September 23rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Congratulations, Aerith, on your one year anniverasry at the LHC, and here's to many more years in our community! Your hair is outstanding in every way, so thick and healthy, and a true inspiration to all!:flower:

MsEvans
September 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Your hair is beautiful

lapushka
September 23rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Happy anniversary!

sarahbrownie
September 23rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Amazing! Congrats on the progress!

little_acorn
September 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Happy anniversary :)

janeytilllie
September 23rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Your hair is very beautiful and has made great progress :)

Aerith
September 23rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
*Blush* Thanks so much everyone! I'm really sorry to take this long to reply, today was a very busy day and last night I kept getting a busy server message.

Happy Anniversary, Aerith! :flower:
I think you're just brushing classic, but it's difficult to see with the dark jeans ;)
You've learned a lot during your time here, and your hair obviously benefits. I love the little curve your ends make, and your hemline looks fantastic!

Happy anniversary!!! :hollie: Your hair is stunning, thick, gorgeous, perfect. I think you might be just a month or two away from being firmly at classic, but for all intents and purposes, you're pretty much there. Great growing, and obviously great care! :blossom:

Yeah, I realized that I should have worn lighter colors. :) I won't change my length to status for a good two months just to make sure. ^_^ It feels so good to be that close! Phexlyn, thanks for the comment about my ends. I always wonder why my ends curve in and out and normally people who have my hair type seem to have ends that lay flat, I think it *may* be the way I comb my hair. Though, I think I've always had that, so it's possible that's really how my hair just is. :o

Oh my God, it's classic for sure!! *major envy here*

Your hair is gorgeous and so thick :D I can definitly see y ou accomplishing your goal of ankle lenght.

Thank's for sharing the pictures! They're inspiring :) And congratulations on your annyversary! :flower:

My goal length has been changing a lot! I think ankle *might* be too long for me to manage since updos at this length hurt my scalp, but I'll have to see which length I'm still comfortable at when I reach it: thigh, knee, calf or ankle. :)

Another big thanks and hug for everyone.

Lavina
September 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Your hair is gorgeous :blossom:

Jezerellica
September 23rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary!

Aerith
September 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thank you Lavina and Jezzerellica. :)

eamane
September 24th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, you have gorgeous hair :flower:

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Congratulations on one year!! Your hair looks amazing and thick and healthy! :crush:

And welcome to Classic length! It's awesome down here. ;)

Henrietta
September 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Yes! Classic! You may change this thing in your profile;)

Aerith
September 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Thank you! :flower:

JuneBride
September 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I wish I had your thickness! Soooo pretty! Congrats to you :)