PDA

View Full Version : New morning routine, Help!

andwife
September 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Now that I am not washing my hair in the morning and blowing it dry it is actually taking me longer to get ready. I cannot get it together. Obviously the key is for me to get up earlier which I will do.
How do I get these "do's" down? I do not want to practice "that" much because no matter how gentle I tend to lose a few and I'm trying to be careful. Is that normal, the losing hair while you try and do the buns etc...? I'm really frustrated at this point. Thanks in advance.

spidermom
September 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Unless you're really pulling and tugging, the few hairs that come out are probably naturally shed hairs. It does take some practice to get some of the styles figured out. I stick with what is simple for me. I have no need for a new look every day and do the same styles all the time.

princessp
September 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Unless you're really pulling and tugging, the few hairs that come out are probably naturally shed hairs. It does take some practice to get some of the styles figured out. I stick with what is simple for me. I have no need for a new look every day and do the same styles all the time.

Yeah me too. I'm a: wash my hair, wrap it in a cinnamon bun, then pierce it with some sticks or a ficcare. I don't have to wash my hair everyday (thank goodness) so I don't always have to deal with the wet hair thing. I'd love to have the time to actually do something different, but this bun is just so dang easy. So I'm working on getting more hair toys as a way to change things up a bit.

andwife
September 22nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I've been trying to wash my hair less (twice a week) and I can't do the cinnabun or I would a lot, lot... It just looks thin and all the stickies from my layers poke out and I am not a happy camper. :p

Anyway, just changing from my regular "do" to trying to find something else has been weird. I don't have a lot of "toys" yet. OH, and that is another thing- I think I am a total dork with the hairsticks. I'm having problems making them work and I don't have a ficcare clip. Regular clips pop open. Ack! I'm just in between or something.

I need a go to "do". I think it's the cinnabun for most folks but I'm not there yet due to the layers (I think that's the problem, maybe it's me and the hairsticks )! :D

I just gotta get out of the house on time. LOL!

swivelhop
September 22nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Invisible hairnets are layered hair's friends, no more sticking out bits.

Pierre
September 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
I wear Flexis, which are comfy enough to sleep with, and wrap my hair in a Buff when I sleep. My weekly routine is like this:
Sunday morning: Take down my church updo (if I didn't do that the night before) and make a sand-day updo.
Tuesday night: Take the Flexis out, take a shower, detangle, go to bed with my hair held only by the Buff.
Wednesday morning: Put hair back up.
Friday evening: Take a shower and detangle.
Saturday morning: Put hair up for church.
Even if my updo is two French braids, the average time I spend doing my hair is tiny. (If I do two French braids, I normally do them just before bed, so that the curls can align with the braid. They last longer that way.)