PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from the old LHL or The Loom?

CanadaSquirrel
September 22nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
I think I see a few familiar names from other long hair boards. I used to be part of one that I don't think is around anymore but it was big in its day, called Long Hair Lovers. Also, I'm still in one called The Long Hair Loom.

Who here is from the old LHL or the Loom?

StarryNight
September 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
I am also on the loom :)

Carolyn
September 22nd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Me! I was there when LHL began and I'm over at the Loom too. There are quite a few of us around.

FrannyG
September 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
I'm over at the loom too, but I haven't been too active lately. Nice to see you here, and welcome! :)

Calaelen
September 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I found the loom first, and lurked there for years before coming here and signing up.

Flaxen
September 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Another one who goes way back. :waving:

Messyhair
September 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
I used to frequent ye olde LHL, but I don't think I've posted at the Loom.

sneakybea
September 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
I was at the old LHL! And I think I may have a membership at the Loom as well, but I can't remember.
I have lurking down to an art form!

bte
September 22nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
I was briefly at LHL before it got expensive - but I never joined the Loom.

Joliebaby
September 22nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
I was at the LHL :) I had a different username though. I've also been at Loom, just not lately. I just got back here after a long break.

CanadaSquirrel
September 22nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
I followed the LHL board to a few new locations over the years. Then at one point the subject matter kept straying too far from hair and was bordering on p*rn with one of the guys there. I hope it's not like that here.

FrannyG
September 23rd, 2010, 04:08 AM
I followed the LHL board to a few new locations over the years. Then at one point the subject matter kept straying too far from hair and was bordering on p*rn with one of the guys there. I hope it's not like that here.

Having been a member here for over 4 years, I can assure you that there is no such problem here at all. We have an excellent set of rules to abide by, and the excellent moderators here with the help of the vigilant membership are wonderful at making sure that no such things happen.

If there is ever a new member who displays questionable motives, simply press the "report post" button (the round button with an "R" in it, underneath the member's name and profile to the left of his or her post) to make sure that the mods see it. You'll likely never see that member here again.

I've always felt safe in this community. I'm sure you'll be happy here. :)

Carolyn
September 23rd, 2010, 04:18 AM
I followed the LHL board to a few new locations over the years. Then at one point the subject matter kept straying too far from hair and was bordering on p*rn with one of the guys there. I hope it's not like that here.Nope, nothing like that here :) if we are thinking of the same guy.

Othala
September 23rd, 2010, 04:48 AM
I was on LHL under a different username when it was a free forum, also at Hair Boutique and TLHC (before it shut down). Never at the Loom though.

Dani
September 23rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
I was at the old LHL! And I think I may have a membership at the Loom as well, but I can't remember.
I have lurking down to an art form!

Heh, me too. I found the old net54 boards when I was 18 or 19 and made my first online buddies there (Tbear, Steph, Dulci, Longhair, etc., etc.- many fantastic people), and I lurk on here often. Now I'm 28 and have a family and everything. But no long hair. hee. I've got it SL at the moment, but am seriously growing it out as a grown up now. Finally! I chopped it off on one seriously crazy whim when my young toddler was grabbing at it and driving me crazy. Bad idea. :p But now I am more self-aware and can go ahead and grow and know how craptacular I look with short hair. :pumpkin: That is all.

GeoJ
September 23rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
I'm also a member at the Loom, but under a different name.

curlylocks85
September 23rd, 2010, 06:30 AM
I am from the Loom (longhairbeauty). That was the first hair care board I found.

Night_Kitten
September 23rd, 2010, 06:47 AM
I'm also at the Loom, with the same nickname. I found out about LHC from the Loom :D
But I only joined in May both there and here...

Chrissy
September 23rd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Yes to LHL until it became a pay site, Net 54, here....also the defunct TLHS (The Long Hair Site) which closed down Jan 2007. :( I've been around a looooooooooooong time. My hair should be dragging the floor by now! :)

Radulfr
September 23rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
I was at old LHL with the future LHC originals (under a different name) - until LHC began at the network54 boards. Then followed LHC here.

Posted once or twice at the Loom but that's about it.

Feng-Shui
September 23rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
I'm also a member at the Loom.

I have at the Loom a different name.

Sometimes I go still to the Loom to reading.

I write nevertheless very rarely.:)

Deborah
September 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Yep. I've been around through all of them too.

Beatnik Guy
September 23rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Uh huh. Original LHL and before. :)

ArienEllariel
September 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
I was at the Long Hair Loom before I found the LHC.. it's hard to keep up with both message boards so I usually post here. :)

Emerald88
September 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I have been on the Loom for years, but just joined here.

CanadaSquirrel
September 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Nice to see there are so many from the other hair boards!

Ya know, the very first internet group of any sort that I ever joined was LHL. Says a bit about what a big deal long hair is in my life!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/Thanksgiving2003/th_Girls_at_piano.jpg?t=1285566621

Carolyn
September 27th, 2010, 07:28 AM
What was your nick at the old LHL? Were you CanadaSquirrel?

CanadaSquirrel
September 27th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I think I was just Squirrel, but I'm not sure. I tried to join this group as Squirrel but it said that name was not available so I added Canada to the front of it.

There was a writing contest at the old LHL in 2003 or 2003 and I tied for first place with another member whose name is on the tip of my brain but I can't recall it right now. I think it started with an R.

LoveMyLongHair
September 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I think I see a few familiar names from other long hair boards. I used to be part of one that I don't think is around anymore but it was big in its day, called Long Hair Lovers. Also, I'm still in one called The Long Hair Loom.

Who here is from the old LHL or the Loom?

Okay, was not a member, but just tried to join, as it looks awesome............I can't do it......what am I doing wrong? :confused:

CopperHead
September 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I was a member of Longhairlovers way back when. There was some very strange drama going on there so I left and came to this board. I think my nick over there was caersidi. I really don't remember anymore. :o

CopperHead
September 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM

I think I know what guy you are speaking of. That is why I left and came here. :(

CanadaSquirrel
October 13th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Why can't I post or read anyone's profiles? Everywhere I've clicked, it tells me:

CanadaSquirrel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.Finally I just managed to get it to let me post on this thread, maybe coz I'm the one who started it.

Sorry to interrupt the subject of this thread, but if someone from admin could contact me and let me know what's happening, I'd appreciate it. I hope I've not done something wrong!

Carolyn
October 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Why can't I post or read anyone's profiles? Everywhere I've clicked, it tells me:

CanadaSquirrel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.Finally I just managed to get it to let me post on this thread, maybe coz I'm the one who started it.

Sorry to interrupt the subject of this thread, but if someone from admin could contact me and let me know what's happening, I'd appreciate it. I hope I've not done something wrong!This should help http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657 It's a sticky at the top of the New Start Here forum. It should answer most if not all of your questions. Get to posting and you will be there soon. BTW posts on the New Start Here board and Games and Quizzes don't count in your post count.

CanadaSquirrel
October 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Thank you very much for that! Now it makes sense.

maria_asa
October 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'm at the loom as well under the same nick name but I mosty lurk at both sites.

mira-chan
October 15th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm on the loom but I hardly post there.