PDA

View Full Version : Making an “abused SO group”!!

Igor
September 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hubby wants me to start an “SO’s abused by hair addiction!” group, because surely there’s got to be other partners out there who gets beaten up by those long haired freaks

*Cough* But I’m sure there are other long haired freaks with clumsy SO’s that seems to have the memory span of a worm and cant remember he almost poked his eyes out on my hair sticks less than 5 minutes ago… :wigtongue
(Don’t worry, I kissed the boo-boo and then called him a noob)

Bene
September 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
"If you use my apple cider vinegar for cooking, and not put it back where it belongs, IN THE BATHROOM, I will cut you! You hear me? I will cut you!!!"

Yeah, I've been there :laugh:

halo_tightens
September 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
OH my. :D

DH will definitely hear about this one! He insists that he's going to snap if he sees me reach behind my back one more time to see if my hair has grown...

Islandgrrl
September 22nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Oh....I'm so there....if he nags at me one more time about my hair clogging up the vacuum cleaner I'm going to whack him over the head with it. The vacuum cleaner, that is!

RachelRain
September 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
does it count if I don't realize he's trying to sneak up behind me and my hair smacks him in the face because I threw it over my shoulder? I've left some nice marks on his pretty face that way.

Kome
September 22nd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hahahaha. I'm so there. I know my boyfriend is going crazy with how much I talk about my hair. I try not too, but it's so hard! Haven't poked his eyes out with any hair sticks though... yet... ;)

leslissocool
September 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
"If you use my apple cider vinegar for cooking, and not put it back where it belongs, IN THE BATHROOM, I will cut you! You hear me? I will cut you!!!"

haha that's so awesome!

MY husband thinks my oils and haircare products have taken over EVERY bathroom in our house...

He is a MAN! what does he care how much crap is on the bathroom cabinet? gosh all he has is his razor and his hair ties...

I am going to try the Bene method

Lianna
September 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
I try to make my boyfriend oil his long curly hair but he doesn't!

Bene
September 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
haha that's so awesome!

MY husband thinks my oils and haircare products have taken over EVERY bathroom in our house...

He is a MAN! what does he care how much crap is on the bathroom cabinet? gosh all he has is his razor and his hair ties...

I am going to try the Bene method

I had to channel my inner Samuel L. Jackson to make it hit him juuust right :D

breezefaerie
September 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
My poor SO has finally figured out that if she needs honey or AVC and the kitchen cabinets are empty, she needs to check the bathroom because I have absconded with it!

Isa-belle
September 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Can't count the number of times DH's been woken up in the middle of the night by my braid whacking him in the face as I turned around.

LittleOrca
September 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
I guess I am lucky. My SO -IS- an LHC member (though I usually just relay info to him and he rarely posts) and a vaguely creepy endearing weirdo. :)

birthmarkie
September 22nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
His biggest complaint is that I'm constantly changing my routine and looking for the next best thing. It really helps to talk to him about it though, because he offers very simple and rational solutions. I love to amuse him (or myself, rather) with random "epiphanies" like "Guess what? I realized my hair isn't curly!" I'm lucky that he endures it and ultimately he really loves my hair, just not all the experimenting. Actually, whereas sometimes I wonder if LHC is a wise way to spend my time, he says he is jealous that there is something I am so interested in and passionate about. But he has me buzz his beautiful, handsome curls in Fall and Spring. It makes me a bit sad each time. He's so cute with his curls.

andwife
September 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
How about, "Hey look, did I get this nautilus bun right?" (Make him pause his football game, look at my hair, look at the youtube video) and then I get a "It looks like a bun..." from him.
Are you kidding me? I need a little more feedback then that! ;)

I did that about 100 times during Monday night football two nights ago :) Poor guy, he is in for it until I can get some of these up-do's right.

birthmarkie
September 22nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Haha! Yeap, any possible interest or tolerance of hair care talk flies out the window during football.

rags
September 22nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
DH is ten inches taller than me, and I wear short sticks, so he's only once gotten the dreaded stick poke! He insists that he is being oppressed in the bathroom however, as my hair supplies take up all the room! (and then he went out and bought me a new storage caddy and set it up. This is why I love him.)

BelleBot
September 22nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
My SO regularly gets poked and prodded by hair sticks and forks. The worst was when I used a pen instead of a hair stick and whilst snuggling up watching TV my hair had managed to draw all over my SO's favourite t-shirt! Whoops!
He's fairly forgiving and understanding though, he has tailbone length hair so enjoys me treating it and braiding it for him.

Merewen
September 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hmm, DH is probably safe from having to join this group as long as I don't wear my porcupine quill. He won't come NEAR me when I'm wearing it.

DecafJane
September 22nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
DH came up to me the other day after having cleaned out the shower drain (by unscrewing the drain cover and cleaning out the stuck mass of hair), showed me the mass of clumped, gross hair with a slightly freaked-out look on his face, then left without a word to put it in the outside bin.

I'm the one who performs the hair-ectomy on the head of the Dyson vacuum cleaner.

We know it is just hair, but when you encounter it in the kind of mass that you get when cleaning out drains or the vacuum cleaner head . . . it is like a freaky smelly monster with a life of its own!

Poor DH. That said, he would rather put up with it all than have my hair shorter.

Still, he puts up with the hair toys without a single complaint. ;)

MissManda
September 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
I won't tell my DBF about cutting my hair anymore.

I did two self-trims within the past two months. I think I must have done a reasonably good job on them because DBF didn't really notice as far as I know. If he found out that I had to trim 3-4" off in August and 1/2" this month (ugh, chemical damage), the poor guy would be traumatized. He doesn't have problems with getting trims at salons, but if I ever mentioned that I was self-trimming my hair he'd freak out because he's so afraid that it will mess my hair up. I recall that he almost started hyperventilating when he saw me going on an S&D mission 'cause he doesn't want my hemline to get even more uneven. Oh, and when he saw the little pieces lying on a big paper towel, he exclaimed "You cut off so much hair! Look at all that! How can you even think of doing such a thing to yourself?"

Uh, my hair needed it?

DBF's reaction to me cutting my hair really makes me wonder who is more obsessed with hair. :eyebrows: Ha ha. I have also weirded him out with CWC and CO. He hasn't had any objections to oils or AVG, though, so I guess that's progress.

I also have to be careful about how I wear my hair or else it will cause some sort of injury. It also makes snuggling while watching movies a pain sometimes.

eamane
September 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
Lol, DH has been poked with hair sticks a numerous times while trying to hug me or so, and then I'm constantly bother him about: it says this and this on LHC, and look at this or that :p
Anyway, I asked him now, and he doesn't seem to mind to badly :love:

enfys
September 22nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hah, I just call this The Forum now; DH knows what I'm on about.

After repeatedly stabbing his Adam's apple with sticks, nagging him to take photos, dragging him to meets, yelling at him for touching my hair if his hands are rough, having him CWC my hair when I had an injury, trawling the world for unrefined coconut oil, positioning the shower for efficient hair washing, expecting him to know the difference between kirby grips and hair pins, expecting him to still find me attractive when doing cassia treaments including finding "slugs" after that didn't wash out and so on and so on I think he counts as an abused SO.

This wouldn't all be as amusing if it weren't for the fact his hair is less than 1/4" long...

spidermom
September 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
I feel abused because my DH gets his hair cut so short that there's no chance of me being attracted by it even one tiny bit.

Aleria
September 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Not a SO story, but I am just waiting for the day I smack one of my fellow Aikido students in the face with my ponytail or braids :lol: I also won't do buns for class since I'm afraid of poking someone (though Sensei's partner does an awesome horizontal-stick bun. I can't figure out what it is!)

birthmarkie
September 22nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
I feel abused because my DH gets his hair cut so short that there's no chance of me being attracted by it even one tiny bit.

Isn't that sad? All the men who don't show what they have. :no:

[ETA: not that they're here to decorate our world, of course!]

paperwhite
September 22nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
DH came up to me the other day after having cleaned out the shower drain (by unscrewing the drain cover and cleaning out the stuck mass of hair), showed me the mass of clumped, gross hair with a slightly freaked-out look on his face, then left without a word to put it in the outside bin.

I'm the one who performs the hair-ectomy on the head of the Dyson vacuum cleaner.

We know it is just hair, but when you encounter it in the kind of mass that you get when cleaning out drains or the vacuum cleaner head . . . it is like a freaky smelly monster with a life of its own!

Poor DH. That said, he would rather put up with it all than have my hair shorter.

Still, he puts up with the hair toys without a single complaint. ;)

DBF and and I go through roughly the same routine. I try to keep the shed hairs out of the drain, but every once in a while...well, it needs to be de-gunked, and I'm not interested in doing it. He also de-hairs the vacuum without complaint. I think he might be afraid that if he says something, I'll lop all my hair off again :p He has said repeatedly that he prefers it longer, which is nice for both of us :)

enfys
September 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM

But there are bonuses: I wouldn't have anywhere near as much bathroom storage space if he had hair too. Also, my DH definitely suits super short hair best, despite previous efforts :p

I forgot to mention the flinging braid abuse. That's just standard practice now!

sibiryachka
September 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Now that my head doesn't smell of vinegar anymore, DBF doesn't seem to feel abused by any of my vaguely creepy hair practices. In fact, I've noticed him recommending "You should check out LHC" to lots of his online friends... who may, in turn, go on to abuse their SOs :) I guess he considers it safe.

Wicked Princess
September 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
I suspect my SO and I are in a mutually abusive hair relationship. :rolleyes:

His hair is down to his mid-back and he normally wears it loose, at which point it falls over his shoulders. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled into a tight hug...and a face/mouthful of hair!

My hair is at least twice as long as his, so right now I'm leading in number-of-times-sleeping-partner-rolled-ontop-of-hair-in-sleep incidents. Only time will tell if he catches up to me.

Of course, my hair sticks also seem to defend me from public displays of affection as every time he hugs me from behind, he gets poked in the chest/face!

I wouldn't have it any other way!!! :inlove:

leslissocool
September 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM

That is so sad!My husband is on his mid thirties, and almost daily he tells me that when he starts balding, he will just shave it off!! :disgust: I just don't know if i will be able to stand it. I am still trying to tackle his hair with castor oil and i have successfully sneaked biotin and vitamin b on his food...

Have you asked why he keeps it so short?

rusika1
September 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM

Yeah, I've been there :laugh:

Hee. I usually buy the gallon jugs of ACV--one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom. SO uses up all of the kitchen supply, then takes mine. Last time though, he took my big partially empty bottle and left me a brand new smaller bottle. And he buys me new coconut oil if he thinks I'm almost out.

I do still get asked why I keep empty water bottles in the shower. (DUH! WHAT ELSE WOULD I PUT THE BREWED BLACK TEA IN? CERTAINLY NOT A TEA CUP!:D)

Jenn of Pence
September 22nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
I have been known to throw the occasional hairbrush after bad haircuts while ranting furiously at DH who just doesn't understand but takes it calmly.....so thanks to LHC, the SO abuse has actually declined!

rusika1
September 22nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I guess I am lucky. My SO -IS- an LHC member (though I usually just relay info to him and he rarely posts) and a vaguely creepy endearing weirdo. :)

Yes, but does he sit on sea lion hair whilst wearing his tail?

Igor
September 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hmm, DH is probably safe from having to join this group as long as I don't wear my porcupine quill. He won't come NEAR me when I'm wearing it.

:lol: I wish mine could learn! He has an attention span when it comes to pointy things in my hair that seriously baffles me!
At least he did learn there are two situations when he is really in for it: If it’s that time of the month and he eats my chocolate and if he disturbs my detangling after I started cursing… :rolleyes:

Merewen
September 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
:lol: I wish mine could learn! He has an attention span when it comes to pointy things in my hair that seriously baffles me!
At least he did learn there are two situations when he is really in for it: If it’s that time of the month and he eats my chocolate and if he disturbs my detangling after I started cursing… :rolleyes:

That's a good start!

Sundial
September 22nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
This is hilarious :)

My Hubby does not say anything but I am sure that I am driving him mental with the number of times each day that I ask him "how long is my hair" or "is my hair long yet".

But I think what he considers worse, is that I have been forcing all my LHC-learned stuff and experiments on him - I S&D his really short hair (about 2 inches) while he is watching his telly, I swapped his regular shampoo with my non-SLS non-cone natural ones (Hubby: *confused look while shampooing hair* WHY DOES THIS SHAMPOO NOT LATHER?? *pours out more shampoo and scrubs even harder*, Me: *innocent* Erm... I don't know?"), and the latest experiment was Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream.. I have been wondering if it can substitute for the styling products he uses. :( I have tried it out twice but he is a fast learner and goes hide himself in the bathroom if he sees me approaching with the container. I guess I have to think of a better counter attack.

Oh! Sometimes i also test out new clips on him and take pictures of those :) the latest hair toy on him was the mini dolphin Flexi-8 sapphire blue beads. He hates it when I do that but I always wait until he is engrossed with the TV before I try a sneak attack on him and he cannot be bothered to complain or remove the clips. But he probably draws the line at ACV because he absolutely cannot stand the smell of that stuff.

kmangus
September 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
My poor SO always gets a hairstick in his eye/face/nose! Howevever, he doesnt mind when i ask him to braid it or if it looks nice, and he actually made me hair sticks as a suprise! :D Im so spoiled!

Lianna
September 22nd, 2010, 11:57 PM
I have also weirded him out with CWC and CO. He hasn't had any objections to oils or AVG, though, so I guess that's progress.

I got mine to CO a few months back, but like I said before, not oiling (yet). :( Today he just started self trimming again! :D It's like I abuse him by forcing healthy practices. :p He's just passed APL now and knows I'm "vaguely creepy" when comes to hair and doesn't mind, yay!

janeytilllie
September 23rd, 2010, 12:36 AM
My DF is pretty much always under attack by my hairsticks everytime we hug. They always hit him they never miss!.

He is also under constant questioning on my hair. " Darling does my bun look ok?" " Darling has my hair grown?""Darling how do the ends look?" etc....... :o

However my DF has TBL hair so his braid hits me when we are alseep. So we are both equally hair abusive to each other :bigtongue::laugh:

Whijun
September 23rd, 2010, 12:46 AM
I can't relate to this thread, but it makes me smile from ear to ear. :D

Yozhik
September 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
This is hilarious :)

[...]But I think what he considers worse, is that I have been forcing all my LHC-learned stuff and experiments on him - I S&D his really short hair (about 2 inches) while he is watching his telly, I swapped his regular shampoo with my non-SLS non-cone natural ones (Hubby: *confused look while shampooing hair* WHY DOES THIS SHAMPOO NOT LATHER?? *pours out more shampoo and scrubs even harder*, Me: *innocent* Erm... I don't know?"), and the latest experiment was Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream.. I have been wondering if it can substitute for the styling products he uses. :( I have tried it out twice but he is a fast learner and goes hide himself in the bathroom if he sees me approaching with the container. I guess I have to think of a better counter attack.

Oh! Sometimes i also test out new clips on him and take pictures of those :) the latest hair toy on him was the mini dolphin Flexi-8 sapphire blue beads. He hates it when I do that but I always wait until he is engrossed with the TV before I try a sneak attack on him and he cannot be bothered to complain or remove the clips. But he probably draws the line at ACV because he absolutely cannot stand the smell of that stuff.

I love your sneakiness :)

This is awesome! I don't think that poor DBF minds too much about me raving about LHC and spending 2+ hours everyday here, but he really doesn't like to get poked with my pretty bone fork, so I've begun to wear it less :(

And I have also managed to get DBF to use my shampoo bars and conditioner. No luck on the oiling front, yet, though. (Soon, soon . . . :demon:)

Konstifik
September 23rd, 2010, 01:46 AM

^ This.
Hasn't happened yet however. He does consider it though, with little support from me. :rolleyes:
He knows I like his hair very much, I think that's the reason he keeps it. But I have offered to cut it for him if that's what he want, but he declinded. I think he likes his hair, deep inside... :D

PrincessBob
September 23rd, 2010, 02:51 AM
M spouse has gotten a HairGlove up the side of his head before, full. Also gotten my hair-sticks of various shapes and sizes in his eye, not to mention bobby pin attacks. Don't forget the "what the crap are these tiny scissors doing between the cushions of the couch?!" :mad:
"Oh, good, you found them!" :joy:
"Well, that's just fine, if you never want to produce, but do try to keep them off the couch and out of the bed?":rolleyes:
Yeah, we do this one a few times a week... sorry, darling.

Katze
September 23rd, 2010, 05:33 AM
I try to make my boyfriend oil his long curly hair but he doesn't!

Just keep at him, he will if you nag enough. :D

My DH is the most stubborn person I know (besides myself and our daughter...!) and got soo tired of my 'tugging and pulling' that he has decided 1) to use conditioner regularly and 2) to use Fox's Shea Butter Cream as a leave-in. The results? His hair is much longer and in better condition at the ends ('I told you so, honey!').

HOWEVER, he is having a devil of a time keeping his fine, thick, curly locks from dreading. 'Benign neglect' is more his style, and this means he gets huge mats at the back of his head where he has a cowlick. :( Recently I offered to make him 'nice dreads' so we would not have to deal with this problem anymore, but he declined - he is a teacher, and long hair and a full beard is weird enough for him.

Siava
September 23rd, 2010, 06:26 AM

Haha! Yes, I've been approached by a grossed out BF holding a soggy hair clumb via needle nose pliers so now I make sure to clean it out on a regular basis. I've not had to clean it out too often now that I make shower stall art with my shed hairs before throwing them in the wastebasket. :p

Speaking of the wastebasket, he gets freaked out by the amount of hair in it. I had to explain that no, I'm not losing my hair and that the wads look like a lot because of the length.

He's got a tendency to roll onto my hair when we're trying to sleep which results in sharp poking and the occassional elbow jab.

BrightBlack
September 23rd, 2010, 07:04 AM
Lovely ^_^
My husband would join the abuse group just to ham it up. He loves my long hair, though. He'll be happier the longer it gets and only regrets he can't grow his out anymore.

He's just recently learning the joys of hair stick jabs and I've already converted him to the ACV rinse so he knows to keep the big jug in the bathroom. ^_^

Gothic Lolita
September 23rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
^^ Igor, you know what I thought when I read the thread title? "abused Sebum Only group" :D and I thought WTF? What the hell is abused sebum only? Where can you put it to acutally abuse it?

Of course I had to open the thread to find out what you are talking about and was nearly disappointed that you talk about your hubby. But I really do know what you mean. My BF hates "food smells" in hair and is disgusted when my hair smells like vinegar or henna. Good thing I haven't used any of this in a while now or he'll cut it off (he promised).

ButterCup02
September 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
LOL! This thread is hilarious!

My hubby gets freaked out by the hair clumps in the drain too....and my long shed hairs being anywhere LOL

The funniest is when we were on a road trip, and I wore my hair down that day, and he unrolled my window and the wind caused my hair to hit him in the face across the truck, he got some of it in his mouth LOL!!!! I think his exact words were "This is getting out of control!" LOL!!!!

But then he tells me how pretty it is so it's all worth it :crush:

Yozhik
September 23rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
I've not had to clean it out too often now that I make shower stall art with my shed hairs before throwing them in the wastebasket. :p

Eep! I do this, exactly! But it can still get you grossed out looks from DBF and roommates when I accidentally forget and leave my "Jackson Pollock" artwork on the wall :o

ButterCup02
September 23rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Eep! I do this, exactly! But it can still get you grossed out looks from DBF and roommates when I accidentally forget and leave my "Jackson Pollock" artwork on the wall :o

I do it too :p My hubby has caught me doing it and calls it "spidering" my hair on the wall LOL

GeoJ
September 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM

Ha ha, same here! He used to get so disgusted by the drain hair monsters, now he gets upset about the hair stuck to the shower wall. :)

The other day my DH came into the bathroom while I was showering and said "Eew, yuck, what's that disgusting smell!?" I explained that I was just doing my ACV rinse. He said it smelled horrible, was making the bathroom unbearable to be in, and wondered how I could stand using it on my head. I didn't tell him that I don't rinse it out.

My hairsticks have poked DH, DD, and others (for example, a kid walking behind the chair I was sitting in the other day walked right into my hairsticks; didn't he see my bun sticking out on the back of my head?). A couple of weeks ago I was getting the horse ready for my DH to ride (he can't do that part because of allergies) and the horse's tail swished, tangled with the topper on my hairstick, and pulled the stick out of my hair. When the horse's tail swished the other direction the hairstick was released- flew through the air- and hit another horse! That was embarrassing, and nothing bad happened, but it didn't really affect DH, it was only irritating to the girl that was grooming the other horse. There was one time I caused my hairstick to fly out of my hair and hit my DH, but it was a long time ago and I forgot how it happened.

My DH also requests that I 'rake' (just swirling my feet around with hiking boots on) the bedroom carpet before vacuuming- it's amazing how much hair builds up near the bathroom entrance!

He had to tolerate my little freak out when I broke my Ketylo aquapearl stick in Vienna, and my frantic/obsessive searching after I lost a custom hairstick in India. My DD, too. Especially the broken stick, it was partly her fault so she really got yelled at!

My DH is overall good about my hair, though. He does like my long hair, and is accepting of things like oiling (which I initially learned from his mother anyway). He doesn't get bothered much by my hair at night, especially since Iv'e been using the sleep cap (although he despises the appearance of the sleeping cap).

andwife
September 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
And I have also managed to get DBF to use my shampoo bars and conditioner. No luck on the oiling front, yet, though. (Soon, soon . . . :demon:)

Hubby switched shampoo's with me easily when I told him some of the "rumors" about the shampoo we had been using. He did mention the lack of lather but that was about it. He is beginning to lose hair so he might be more open to a few limited changes.

I have some more changes on my list and I am curious about how he will react to the shampoo bars. So, I am a little behind you. :eyebrows: Let me know how the oiling goes :D!

Amraann
September 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
My hubby soo tolerates my quirky hair ways.
He takes his abuse in stride!

Weather it be in the form of a whip in the face with my hair or my side of the bedroom having kitchen items and foods all over.

rags
September 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
DH asked how I could forget this one (he saw me over here giggling insanely at my computer! :p). I sleep with my hair loose and he spoons me. Being quite a bit taller, usually his head is on top of mine pretty much, and my hair just tickles him. But somehow the other night he ended up directly behind me, and inhaled my hair! He was choking on it! The perils of baby, baby fine long hair! :rollin:

ZoeSophia8
September 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Oh my goodness, this thread is golden.

My SO has definitely inhaled my hairs before (once he literally pulled a whole hair out of his throat :eek:). He's had them wrapped around unmentionable places, stuck to his socks in bright fiery globs, and says that somehow they end up on the carpet at his workplace as well. :p For a while he took to collecting all my shed hair in astonishment, so somewhere there is a bag of bright orange hair lying around.

At first he was playfully moaning whenever I brought LHC up, or talked about hair under microscopes and what actually happens to the cuticle and cortex when there's heat damage, and a thousand et ceteras. He's a good sport though, and let's me go on and on about vinegar and shea butter and SMTs and coconut oil. He bought me a horn comb for my birthday. :eyebrows:

He's pretty fantastic. He'll listen to me gab about hair, and I'll listen to him gab about first edition hardbacks and Aleister Crowley. :D Not a bad deal, really.

Juneii
September 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
OH GOD! DBF took a while to come to terms with me growing my hair to classic. I routinely poke him with my hairsticks when we cuddle. I would love to see his reaction to my growing habit of buying hair things if/when we live together "why is there jojoba oil in the fridge?!"

LindsayNichole
September 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
My poor husband got whacked in the face with my hair a few times last night. I usually sleep with it braided, but I had a migraine hit just before bed. Down is the only way I want my hair with such a headache, so down it came! I was tossing and turning more than usual last night, and there were a few times I'd roll over, then throw my hair behind myself...and right into his face! I don't know that he ever woke up enough to actually realize what happened...

Quixii
September 23rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Lucky for me, my boyfriend loves my hair.
We're constantly dealing with the issue of it getting in the way though. He loves how it looks when it's down, but at this point usually asks that I braid it, otherwise he ends up with hair all over his face. And my hair always makes his nose itch - I bet he's getting really sick of that. :D

JessTheMess
September 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
DF has been :
whipped with the braid ends
poked with hair sticks...and forks
smothered with my hair in his sleep
tangled in my hair
and the most recent sufferings...
major pimple breakout because I used his pillow after oiling...

Sorry DF... I love you but the hair has a mind of its own

Jezerellica
September 23rd, 2010, 07:17 PM

I'm with you. This is quite sad. Long hair is different for many families. Men where I am from would have to deal with all sorts of flak.

Still, I LOVE a man with well kept long hair! Like Sampson...;)

Sundial
September 24th, 2010, 02:19 AM
.... Don't forget the "what the crap are these tiny scissors doing between the cushions of the couch?!" :mad:
"Oh, good, you found them!" :joy:
"Well, that's just fine, if you never want to produce, but do try to keep them off the couch and out of the bed?":rolleyes:
Yeah, we do this one a few times a week... sorry, darling.

That is so funny! I have not done that yet but seeing how my memory span rivals that of a goldfish, it might happen soon!

rosek
September 25th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I don't like leaving my shed hairs everywhere, so I normally roll them into a little ball and put them in the bin. The other day, my SO complained he couldn't move his toes.

Yup, he had a ball tangled in his toes so tight I had to cut it out.... poor man.

Igor
October 8th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Today hubby said he is not only abused, but starved as well :rolleyes:

Dramaqueen :p

I think “My hair needs protein!” is a perfectly reasonable explanation for taking the last hotwing…

Loviatar
October 8th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Hairsticks in the face, stinky henna smells, laughing at me being a swamp mud beast on henna nights, stinky ACV, no room for his stuff in the bathroom, not understanding buying so many hairsticks, oily braids in the face during the night, laughing at my sleep cap, being coerced into taking pictures of the back of my head.... oh yeah my DBF is so in on this group.

However he does cut the best hemlines I have ever seen. :D And he wants my hair to be 'really long'. Which is lucky because so do I...

punkcatknitter
October 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM
No SO here, but my dad did save the stuff he pulled out of the drain last weekend to show me and wanted to know if I knew what it all was.

Umm... HAIR? lol.

I remember leaving hair all over the shower walls when I was a kid (waist+ hair). I got yelled at all the time for leaving it. :) At the time it was just to get the hair OFF of me, I should try it now and see if the drain clogs less often.