PDA

View Full Version : Since I've Been Back At LHC

FrannyG
September 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
I would have just posted this photo in my album, but the uploads aren't working right now, and I just have to share. I came back to LHC in mid-January after a lengthy absence and on the left is a photo of an Arwen-inspired hairstyle that I posted at that time.

On the right is a photo coincidentally taken almost 9 months to the day later, this past September 15th.

I cut off 2 inches from the middle of my hemline in June, as a too sharp v-shape was forming, but I've still made quite a lot of progress. My length doesn't look as thick as it should, but I clearly used my hair in the "up" part of the half-up in the second photo.

If all goes well, I should be firmly at BSL by Christmas. :hollie: I'm delighted with what the last 9 months have brought.

Most of all, I'm just so happy to be back with you all here at LHC. I don't get to the blogs as much as I used to, but I do love to participate in the forums. I just love being a crazy longhair with a lot of other crazy longhairs. You all are the BEST! :crush:

Photo is clickable.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/Arwen-Comparisonb.jpg (http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/?action=view&current=Arwen-Comparisonb.jpg#%21oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs10 3.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fm154%2Foopiedoop11%2F Hair%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DArwen-Comparison.jpg%26)

breezefaerie
September 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Franny, your hair looks great!

Pixna
September 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Lovely, lovely, lovely, Franny!! That hairstyle is so beautiful on you, and your hair looks fantastic -- sleek and healthy with thick ends and a perfect hemline. Congratulations!!!

mali
September 22nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
FrannyG,that is one beautiful looking hair! You're one of my hair idols even though I have my 2c(damn it!,even if I love it sometimes) hair.It's healthy,really shiny,beautiful color,everything is super nice! Wow,sure posted some compliments!:)

MaryLA
September 22nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Franny, your hair looks lovely! Love the braids too! And welcome back to LHC

pepperminttea
September 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
It looks great Franny - I always envy your photos, they look so perfect! :crush:

Fairlight63
September 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! You are my hair idol. Love those braids also.

JamieLeigh
September 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
It looks beautiful! :crush: I love the style too, and I'm glad you're back.

PrincessBob
September 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Yay!, I hope you keep a positive attitude throughout your growth, and continue to share with us your achievements.

Carolyn
September 22nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
I'm so glad you decided to come back. Your hair looks great.

Yozhik
September 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Franny, your hair is so pretty! And what great progress in 9 months. I love how shiny and beautiful it looks :)

spidermom
September 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Very pretty, as usual.

cindy58
September 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Your hair looks great and I admire your braiding skill!

Pumpkin
September 22nd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Franny, that looks great...gotta try that one myself! Glad you are back on the boards!! :)

rags
September 22nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Franny you've made great progress, and I love that style! Your styles are always so neat and pretty! Oh, haven't you heard? We're not crazy long hairs - we're vaguely creepy longhairs! :p

camara
September 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
So nice to see you! :waving:

Your hair looks lovely, so straight and even.

Joliebaby
September 22nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Franny, your hair is looking so lovely!!!!

embee
September 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Lookin' good, Franny! :)

Glad you came back. This is a good place.

brunette
September 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Looking great, and that style is really lovely!

TinaDenali
September 22nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
WOW!! That's some serious growth!!

And I LOVE that hairstyle!! I've never seen that done before, but I really want to try it, now!! :D

BrightEyes
September 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Franny, your hair is so pretty! And it's getting so long! You are an inspiration to me.

jojo
September 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
looks very soft and shiny and BSL is beaconing you.

Unofficial_Rose
September 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
I see lots of progress - looks beautiful. :thumbsup:

halo_tightens
September 22nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Your hair is looking awesome! It's so smooth and silky-looking... It's enough to inspire some serious envy in a coarsie like me! :)

FrannyG
September 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Thank you all so much for your very sweet comments. :blossom: I am getting so excited to reach BSL for the 4th time since I've been a member here (I reached a scraggly BSL while I was away from LHC only to have to cut back to 18 inches, due to chemical damage).

I hope that this is the last time I need to look forward to crossing the BSL milestone. I hope that I have learned my lesson and won't do anything else to damage my hair so badly again.

And yes, Rags, I do know that we're vaguely creepy, endearing weirdos, as well as crazy longhairs. And I couldn't be more proud of it. :laugh:

Aquamarine
September 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Glad to see you posting, Franny! Your hair looks lovely. That's a neat hairstyle:flower: I'm pretty excited about your Christmas gift;)

ericthegreat
September 22nd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Those braids look ethereal Franny, very LOTR indeed!

And what I love about your hair is despite the fact that your particular length is much shorter than many other members here, you make up for it with hair that is like golden silk. I love how shiny it is, and your shade of blonde is to die for!

Dvips
September 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Welcome back! :flowers: Your hair is looking lovely!!

missjessiecakes
September 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
:cheer: Go Franny. Its good to have you around and your hair is beautiful as always!

Chiara
September 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Franny, seeing a picture of your hair was one of the things that inspired me to join LHC. It looks lovely!

SilverLocks
September 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Franny, your hair is so beautiful and the style exquisite. Even better is you returning after your long hiatus. :flowers:

triumphator!
September 23rd, 2010, 12:43 AM
Fabulous progress, what shiny spun gold you have :D

Dragon
September 23rd, 2010, 12:49 AM
Your hair looks great.

Phexlyn
September 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
I love that hairstyle! :crush:
Good to see you back, your hair looks great!

EdG
September 23rd, 2010, 11:57 PM
Welcome back Franny! :waving:

I'm glad you are back. Your hairstyles are fantastic as always! :)
Ed

FrannyG
September 24th, 2010, 02:36 AM
You all are so kind, and say the nicest things. Thank you. All of you, so much. :flowers:

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I am extremely excited about finally reaching BSL soon after 2 years of pretty much maintaining to get rid of damage.

I hope to be at or just about at waist length for my 50th birthday next July. Woo-hoo!

For those who wanted to try this style, it's pretty self-explanatory, but I did make instructions (http://frannyslonghair.blogspot.com/2010/09/hairstyle-how-to-3-braid-half-up.html) in my blogspot blog if you're interested.

Again, thank you all. :blossom:

BTW, EdG, have I ever told you that I love your hair? :p

HeatherMae
September 24th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I have always loved your hair! The shine is amazing! And the color is so pretty! You have a great growth rate too! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)

EdG
September 24th, 2010, 07:47 AM
BTW, EdG, have I ever told you that I love your hair? :pLikewise Franny, it's been months since I last said that your hair is Frantastic! :)
Ed

adiapalic
September 24th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Wow! that progress is wonderful. Both the braids AND the length hanging down look thicker than the previous picture as well. Congratulations :flower:

Gumball
September 25th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Franny, I'm way late to the party, but your hair is simply phenomenal. Your care really shows through in those photos! Wonderful progress, especially since you nipped the V in the bud!

Henrietta
September 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you for the instructions for this style:)
I am sure you will be at *well and truly* BSL until Christmas! :)