PDA

View Full Version : Washing Hair Advice

Dragon
September 22nd, 2010, 06:15 AM
For use with waist length hair to longer, do you have any advice you can give me on preventing to many tangles when washing it? I do know that you shouldent put your hair on top of your head which I do avoid doing. And I always comb the conditioner throgh my hair befor rinsing.

Locksmith
September 22nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
I don't know whether your hairtype is similar to mine, but here's what I do. For preventing tangles, I always comb my hair through before washing, or it mats. I avoid tipping my hair upside down, and I massage the lather in with my fingertips on my scalp, not making big sweeping movements across the "lie" of the hair. On the length I massage it in in small sections, working more down the length than in circles. Then lots and lots of conditioner. :agree:

aenflex
September 22nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I wish I could answer this OP....Maybe in about 3+ years :)

heidihug
September 22nd, 2010, 08:56 AM
What Locksmith said. I also never ever comb or brush my hair when I'm fresh out of the shower. I wash right before bed every two to three days. I wait until the following morning to finger-comb my slightly damp hair, then until the morning after THAT to and thoroughly brush it smooth.

pepperminttea
September 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
I do a thorough comb before washing, and the during - besides from when I put the conditioner in, when I pull it over one shoulder - it stays down my back. I don't flip it to put it in a towel turban either; I use LittleOrca's method for wrapping it (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34399), since it seems to dry that bit more quickly if I split it into two sections rather than one.

I just try to agitate it as little as possible really, but still make sure the shampoo/conditioner's managed to work in.