PDA

View Full Version : anyone more hair shed with SLS free shampoo?

urara12
September 21st, 2010, 11:12 PM
I've wonder that if anyone has experiance that more hair shed with SLS free shampoo?
I've switched to SLS free shampoo around June and my hair shed more than usual. then, my hair shed less withh SLS contain shampoo.

TrudieCat
September 22nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Yep! My hair sheds less with SLS shampoo than it did with SLS-free and CO. I am a happy (more or less :p) SLS user!

Locksmith
September 22nd, 2010, 06:40 AM
I find I shed a bit more on wash days with using shampoo bars, but I suspect this is because of the mechanical action of stropping the bar over my scalp. I shed less in between washes than I do with SLS. :)

aenflex
September 22nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Yes, my hair sheds more when I am SLS free. Maybe it's because of the increased manipulation required to get clean?

ktani
September 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
I've wonder that if anyone has experiance that more hair shed with SLS free shampoo?
I've switched to SLS free shampoo around June and my hair shed more than usual. then, my hair shed less withh SLS contain shampoo.

You will find mixed answers to that question in this thread, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15730.

I use an SLES based shampoo and do not shed excessively. I have used natural plants and sulfate shampoos and shed more than I do otherwise, still not excessively though.

It can be the specific product formulation, not just whether there are sulfates in it or not. That applies to conditioners too, whether they contain sulfates or not (some do).

It can be difficult to pinpoint an ingredient culpret, unless one has a reaction to something, compares labels and the one ingredient is the only difference.

urara12
September 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
at first, all lady's thank you very much for your reply.
I did try many product's highend to low end include dermatologist recommend ( like free and clear ) sls free.
I believe that I had TE since end of last year. however my hair shed had stop around May. but I had very sore sensitive scalp in this June. first I thought it was from hair dye.so I switched all my shampoo to SLS free.( but sometimes I did use nizoral ) then past 2 month my hair shed increased all most doubled ( yes. I did count the hair everyday)
couple days ago I start to back to Shampoo contain SLS.
now my hair shed almost half than past 2 month and my scalp is not itchy not tingling or sore or burning feeling anylonger.

I am going to back to SLS shampoo now on.

aenflex I am thinking same thing that *Maybe it's because of the increased manipulation required to get clean? *since I might have a SD on my scalp ( I have it for my face. now it's under control and no sympotoms) 2 dermatologist told me that my scalp is nothing wrong however 1 Dr found tiny dandruff om my scalp this August.so it's mean SD I think because dandruff is seborreic dermatitis of scalp.

ktani, my scalp is very sensitive some of essential oil like Jojoba
and lavender etc
and there are lot of SLS free or organic ( acording to them, it's sounds mild on the scalp...but it's just AD to me )
contain plant oil.

Locksmith, I was thinking mechanical action too. I stoped to use conditioner on my scalp. my hair got more hard when I comb it after wash.

TrudieCat. I am happy to hear that you are happy!!
I am so happy result with my sls Free shampoo :p

Irnann
September 22nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Yes, i am shedding much moore with SLS free shampoo and also with CO.

urara12
September 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
Yes, i am shedding much moore with SLS free shampoo and also with CO.

Irnann:) thank you very much for your post.
now I feel that I am not alone.
my friend has same feeling too.
I am glad to notice it before I lose too much hair.