PDA

View Full Version : Over moisturized?

coscass
September 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
My hair is generally very dry and coarse. Lately I've been using a lot of of honey on it. I have a feeling it's over moisturized now. It's fluffy and sort of frizzy. I have a wedding to go to in about 3 weeks. How can I make sure my hair is in it's best condition before then? After the wedding I'm getting it cut, but I still want it to look good.

Anje
September 21st, 2010, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't worry too much unless your hair seems unusually stretchy or something like that. My hair gets dried out pretty easily though, and is definitely dryer if I wear it loose for a day instead of up.

If it is acting stretchy and a little weird, you might be in a good position for a protein treatment. I'd still suggest moisturizing afterward, because protein can be quite drying.

pelicano
September 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
My hair is super fine and dry, but gets over moisturised very easily (except I didn't realise until recently!) When it is over moisturised, it feels really soft but looks like straw. I just ease right back on the conditioner (and sometimes actually use none) until it rights itself. I find I can't leave conditioner on for any length of time, and can't use protein.