PDA

View Full Version : Age Of Ankle Length hair?

Dragon
September 21st, 2010, 05:30 AM
If you grow your hair to your ankles, how old would your hair be? I just worked out mine would be 20 years old.

swivelhop
September 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM
8 years w/o shrinkage or trims. Its a weed.

apynip
September 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
I'll probably be about 10-15 if my hair keeps at the 6 inch per year average. I'm currently at shoulder so it all fairly newer growth. Plus i dont trim alot exept maybe once a year.

chillerthanice
December 4th, 2014, 11:15 PM
About 4.5 years old if I didn't trim at all. Yay for being short!

chillerthanice
December 4th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Also, if any knee to ankle length people see this... I wanna know how long you've been growing!

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 02:45 AM
10-11 years for me.

fiğrildi
December 5th, 2014, 03:15 AM
I'm short, muhahahahahaha ;)

Knee length is at 51-52 inches for me, and I'm at 29 inches. So it makes 23 inches to go until reaching my knees... with a groth of 6 inches a year (and no trimming)... hum... almost 4 years to go! :p

And my hair would be around 8 years old.

gossamer
December 5th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Here's the problem with the "how long have you been growing?" question: What counts as the starting point?

When I was 10, I declared that I never wanted to cut my hair again because I wanted it long. Is that when I started growing?

When I was 14, I had my super damaged, split-ridden hip length hair cut to BSL. Is that when I started growing it back out?

When I was 21, I had kind-of damaged classic length cut back to hip. Is that when I started growing?

I joined LHC when my hair was at nearly-knee in 2010. Is that when I started growing?

I roughly estimate the hair at my ends to have been growing out of the roots at ~10 years ago, but I really can't say for sure.

DreamSheep
December 5th, 2014, 07:43 AM
11 to 13 years here I think. I'm not sure what my growth rate is, I estimate about 5 to 5,5 inches a year, but I suspect as my hair gets longer it may slow down.

chillerthanice
December 5th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Wow, Johannah and Gossamer! I salute your dedication!

And fiğrildi, I can't wait until I'm at 29 inches!

Thanks for the responses. :D

tigereye
December 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
If mine was ankle, the ends would have been growing out of my scalp 11 years earlier, going by my usual average of 6" per year (I have fast growth phases and slow phases, but they average out over the year). As things currently stand, my ends will probably be around 5 years old by the time they reach classic (I'm currently at TBL).
that said, the fact that my ends would be 11 years old doesn't mean it would only take 11 years to grow. Trims etc. slow that down overall visible growth, but don't slow down the hair itself.

fiğrildi
December 5th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm short, muhahahahahaha ;)

Knee length is at 51-52 inches for me, and I'm at 29 inches. So it makes 23 inches to go until reaching my knees... with a groth of 6 inches a year (and no trimming)... hum... almost 4 years to go! :p

And my hair would be around 8 years old.

Wait, I've confused ankle with knee (oops!! lol, well, English is not my native language!) :lala:

I'm not as short as to have my ankle length at 52 inches :laugh: (I knew something was wrong, it couldn't be possible!)
Ankle length is at about 67 inches on me, so my hair would be around 11 years old without a trim. And I would have to wait 6 years or so in order to reach that length.

Agnes Hannah
December 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I am 4'10" and my hair is 29" at present after a trim. 29" is 2'5" long and it has taken approx 5 years of growth from root to tip to date and I need approx another 29" to get to floor length which will take about 5 more years of growing. When I finally get to floor length, the ends will be 10 years old!

Anje
December 5th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I've never bothered to work out my growth rate, but I think it's a bit more than average, maybe 7-8 inches/year. If I could do it without trims, figuring I'd need about 64 inches, my ends would be about 9 years old. Realistically, I think my hair would taper to nothing well before that point.

butterflybutton
December 5th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I'd need 66" I think, if I calculated cm to inches properly. So just shy of ten years, if my hair could grow for that long without shedding.

Dragon Faery
December 5th, 2014, 06:07 PM
My growth rate is 7" some years but only 4" others. Ankle on me is in the ballpark of 70", so my ends would be a minimum of 10 years old, if they made it that far.

Long_hair_bear
December 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM
My hair has been growing slower than molasses in January. Getting rather frustrated. At this rate, I'll be 50 before I hit ankle! ( I'm 28 now)

trolleypup
December 5th, 2014, 07:53 PM
At calf, my longest hairs are about 8 years old, to reach ankle, add a year and a half of growth...which I am not getting, since I am terminal-ish at my current length.

chillerthanice
December 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Trolleypup, if you ever decide to shave your head, just make a wig and send it to me. Instant floor length! Whoo! :cheese:

PrincessBob
December 7th, 2014, 12:46 PM
It's been 4 years since waist, I am currently at the upper swell of my calf. I don't know how old my hair was at waist and I am far too forgetful to track my growth. Maybe another year and a half?

spidermom
December 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Assuming no trimming at all, my ends would be 9 years old at ankle. I'm rather amazed since I've been growing but trimming and occasionally cutting back significant inches for at least 15 years.

Stiria
December 7th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I am not quite sure what my avarage growth is, but I think it is 15 cm / 6 inches a year. So at ankle length the ends would be 10-11 years old.

trolleypup
December 7th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Trolleypup, if you ever decide to shave your head, just make a wig and send it to me. Instant floor length! Whoo! :cheese:
Heh! You'll have to fight it out with the wigmakers at the Opera.

LadyLongLocks
December 7th, 2014, 06:04 PM
10 to 11 years. Been there, done that!

door72067
December 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
if I were to try for that length, I think maybe 8 or 9 years but I get fairytale-y at waist, so I don't know if I could ever go that long, even I wanted to

Madora
December 7th, 2014, 07:32 PM
10 to 11 years. Been there, done that! And done it magnificently, LadyLongLocks!!!

chen bao jun
December 7th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I admire those who have genetics and willpower to get there. It's a beautiful length.