PDA

View Full Version : BSL when braided, SO EXCITED!!!

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2010, 03:44 AM
I recently had about 5 inches cut off of my hair to reduce pretty much all of the layering (in July 2010). I was so sad about the chop and felt like my hair was super short. Well, it's nearing the end of September and I am already back to BSL! I am so happy and excited about it. My hemline is straight across and thick. I am so happy to have finally gotten rid of all the scraggly thin looking layers that I had a few months ago. I was trying out some different braids today and I realized that when my hair is braided it is at BSL!!!:cheese:
I can now continue on my journey to grow my hair to classic length eventually. I will be so happy to hit the milestones on the way! My husband is my greatest encourager to my hair growing journey. When we met I had waist length hair, and I miss it! So does he. He saw my braid today and said "Wow! Your braid is bra strap length! It looks great." That made me so happy.
Let's just say, it's been a good hair day. :)

pepperminttea
September 21st, 2010, 03:50 AM
Congratulations! I'm procrastinating on a de-layering trim myself, so this is encouraging. :)

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
Congratulations! I'm procrastinating on a de-layering trim myself, so this is encouraging. :)

Thanks! :)

FrannyG
September 21st, 2010, 05:25 AM
Congratulations! It's often a quicker journey to get back to where we were after a cut than we think. You're well on your way now to waist length, which is exciting.

I admit that I had to chuckle to myself when you said that your hair was super-short after cutting off the layers.

Only at LHC would we think of that as super-short hair. In the real world, you still had long hair, just not extremely long hair.

It won't be long now before you do indeed reach extreme lengths. :blossom:

Dragon
September 21st, 2010, 05:27 AM
Congratulations and happy growing:)

Little_Bird
September 21st, 2010, 05:38 AM
This was such a happy post :) Congratulations! Seems your hair grows at a very nice pace ^^ It's also great that your husband supports you!

I guess we'll meet at classic lenght ;) It's my goal too!! :D

mariika
September 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
Congrats! I wish I could wear my hair sans layers - I love straight hemlines!

MaryLA
September 21st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Your hair looks nice! I'm wondering why so many people on LHC what to grow out layers? Is it because layered hair pokes out of braids/buns?

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Congratulations! It's often a quicker journey to get back to where we were after a cut than we think. You're well on your way now to waist length, which is exciting.

I admit that I had to chuckle to myself when you said that your hair was super-short after cutting off the layers.

Only at LHC would we think of that as super-short hair. In the real world, you still had long hair, just not extremely long hair.

It won't be long now before you do indeed reach extreme lengths. :blossom:
Thank you! Your reply made me smile! :) Good point about the real world vs. LHC lengths. I hadn't thought about it that way until you pointed it out.

tinti
September 21st, 2010, 09:32 AM
Congrats! It's such a good feeling. I remember cuting my hair, and then layering it, it was soooo irritating after the first few days when I was happy with it, and then when I joined LHC I realized that it had grown more than I'd thought. I'll be de-layering my hair next year too, after my " year with no trims" challange ening in May.

Joliebaby
September 21st, 2010, 12:28 PM
Congrats, now all you have to do is let it grow :D

I'll cut off my layered ends too (4" or so, maybe even 5", I haven't dared to measure how much of the ends are layered..) at some point. Right now they are not bothering me too much.