PDA

View Full Version : thank god I didn't cut my hair the other week

mariika
September 20th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Just wanna say thanks, you guys helped me not cut my hair a week ago and now I am EXTREMELY happy I didn't. First, I enjoy that my hair is long. Second, turns my short cut inspiration looks like this without enough styling:
http://scarlett-photos.com/albums/userpics/27529/normal_Moet_Harvesting_10.jpg
- not too bad but not what I would want for myself. And I was seduced by this:
http://scarlett-photos.com/albums/userpics/27529/normal_2010_Comic-Con%2C_San_Diego%2C_CA194lo.jpg
Well, I don't like this either now but I used to DIG this look. Btw, apparently, it's Scarlett Johansson in these pictures.

spidermom
September 20th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hooray for not cutting on impulse!

Maddy25
September 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
YAY! I'm glad you took the time to wait and think it through :D

Scarlett looks so cute in that first pic, I like it better than the second actually though.

naereid
September 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I doubt Scarlett is a 3b like yourself, so it can't really serve as a guide for what your hair would look like if you cut it short.

Oddly enough, I definitely prefer the first picture to the second. :p

Aleria
September 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah ditto, the first is way cuter in my opinion.
But your long hair is gorgeous :)

mariika
September 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I didn't think it through actually, just arguments of people here convinced me when I posted a thread about my wanting to cut my hair.

Well, the first pic is cute (I didn't want to post ugly ones here))), it's just the way her hair looks - not my cup of tea.

ETA:

Actually, Scarlett isn't curly at all. Yeah, I would look ugly with my hair cut this short but it's difficult to reason me out of thinking I might look good with a cut I fancy...... :)

MaryLA
September 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm glad you thought through your decision to cut your hair. I love long hair! So many different styles to choose from.

cindy58
September 20th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Ha, ha, that's funny, my first impulse on reading your post was to tell you that you looked like Scarlett Johansson!

Glad you didn't cut first and then regret it!

LittleOrca
September 20th, 2010, 01:39 PM
If you ever want to go short without cutting, you can always try the pseudo-bob. It's one I have used on occasion. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1IvsCdd9Gw

mariika
September 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I love long hair! So many different styles to choose from.
I love long hair too! Although not the amount of hairstyles but the feeling of it, it feels so... LONG:)))

Glad you didn't cut first and then regret it!
Me too! Because I know I would have! And Scarlett's hair apparently grows faster than mine - she'll have long hair in no time and I'll be all envious again:D

Carolyn
September 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I'm glad you made the right decision for you. It never hurts to wait out an impulse to cut.

Pumpkin
September 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Glad you did not cut. Your hair is lovely long. I have learned, from this site, that with "2 week rule" really does work!! :)

ktani
September 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I think that your hair is beautiful! I am happy for you that you did not cut it. Such a decision is personal though. I just think that your hair looks great long.

mariika
September 21st, 2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks, guys! Funny thing, it's not like I don't know I would look bad with short hair... Been there, done that, and still getting fits of urge to cut for some reason...

Dragon
September 21st, 2010, 06:03 AM
I am glad you did not cut it. Your hair is looking great:)