PDA

View Full Version : New growth or broken hair?

SlightlySoprano
September 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM
So as some of you may know, I've lost about 2/3rds of my hair over the past 2 years due to Seborrheic Dermatitis (that I didn't know that I had).

Recently I've been noticing a "halo" of short (about 1-2" long) hair around my hairline. Since I don't have any way of securing my hair that high up, is there a chance that this is new growth?

I'm so scared to get my hopes up and be disappointed, but I think my hair might be growing back!

templeofvenus
September 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM
sounds like new hair :)lets hope so that would be great news :)

Anje
September 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
It's likely it's new hair, unless you've been doing something so damaging that hair would be breaking all over at an inch long. Not much besides massive bleaching and perming does that....

If you can see, if they're new hairs they should taper to a point, instead of having a blunt or split end. They may not even be at full thickness yet -- mine take an inch or two of growth before the follicle makes the hairs at their normal thickness and texture. Before that, they've got a little bit of curl to them.

SlightlySoprano
September 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
It's likely it's new hair, unless you've been doing something so damaging that hair would be breaking all over at an inch long. Not much besides massive bleaching and perming does that....

If you can see, if they're new hairs they should taper to a point, instead of having a blunt or split end. They may not even be at full thickness yet -- mine take an inch or two of growth before the follicle makes the hairs at their normal thickness and texture. Before that, they've got a little bit of curl to them.

I don't think I'd be able to see it unless i took a really high quality picture of it and examined it haha, its too short for me to pull down to my eyes. I don't bleach, or heat style at all ever... so... *crosses fingers*!!!!!!