PDA

View Full Version : How often will hair growth stall?

Mexibeach
September 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I'm just not seeing much for growth over the past month and my hair feels as short as it did when it was first cut. Will hair growth stall quite often? We have winter coming up here and I understand that hair grows slower in the colder months!! Talk about discouraging... :(

August 2010
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz92/Mexibeach/Hair%20Growth%20Album/August2010.jpg

September 2010
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz92/Mexibeach/Hair%20Growth%20Album/September2010.jpg

Henrietta
September 20th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I'm having stalls too sometimes, but it just means that my hair doesn't grow for a month and the next month is grows 2 times faster. Variations:)

What about massaging your scalp? You can do it everyday when you're watching TV or something. And taking supplements? Did you have any stressful situations lately? Any changes in eating?

Mexibeach
September 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Yes, to all of the above. I am a healthy eater, exercise, sleep my 8+ hours and really do take care not to stress. I take Biotin each day ... but I'm now wondering if I should bother. I usually oil each week w/ coconut oil... perhaps I will try to massage each night in front of the TV. Sigh. It's rather depressing. Oh this cursed haircut. :mad: Feels like it will never grow back in.

HairColoredHair
September 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
It's only been a month! Half an inch of growth isn't that visible. :)

My hair stalls often, but it actually grows faster in the winter.

Crazycatlady
September 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I know how you feel. I often feel like mine has stalled, but then I run into someone who hasn't seen me in a month or two and they really rave about how long my hair is getting. One thing I do to help my feelings about slow growth is brush with a boar hair bristle brush. I think it might stimulate growth and it calms my nerves...very relaxing. I do it a few times a week. In fact, I need to go do it right now. ;)

My hair is about your length now after one year of growth from a short pixie. :p

Anje
September 20th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm with Haircoloredhair -- it's only been a month. You may have months where you don't see visible growth, partly because a half inch doesn't look like much. Healthy, moisturized hair often waves more, too, which can appear to eat up growth.

I know you're eager to get past this stage, and that's totally understandable. It will grow, but you have to relax and give it time.

For what it's worth, I had a 5 month stall once, and still got about 7 inches of growth for the year. My hair doesn't normally grow that fast (though I've got a history of occasional growth spurts), but I think it decided to make up for lost time after the long stall. Hopefully yours will do the same and sprint down your shoulders soon!

Mexibeach
September 20th, 2010, 09:14 AM
OH!!!! I know it's true and it will grow; but it really feels like it hasn't changed much at all and I soooo very much hate the cut that I just cannot wait to have some length there. And I will freeze this winter without anything back there. I have purchased a bunch of scarves... Ahhhhhhhhh!! I have no patience. I think I will continue to tie up the front as best as I can to try to ignore it. Although I want the monthly pix to track progress (as I plan to NEVER cut again), it is sometimes discouraging to do so!!!

spidermom
September 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I think you've got hairs growing all the time, but it doesn't always show up as length increase because it's the shorter, newer hairs that are growing. Remind yourself that your hair IS growing, getting longer all the time, and then try to get your mind on other things. The more we obsess about length, the slower it seems to go.

Fairlight63
September 20th, 2010, 09:45 AM
My hair went through a stall for a couple of mon. & I didn't see any growth. Then the next months it grew some.
Got to be give it time. Sometimes it takes 3-4 mon. to see any change at all.