PDA

View Full Version : How do you tame those bits that stick up?

julliams
September 20th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I flat ironed my hair for an event on the weekend. It was looking great until I noticed that there were a bunch of hairs that were about 1 inch to about 3 inches that just stuck straight up in the air and nothing I did would get them to lay down. I tried a silicone leave in and even a bit of spit (yes I know - gross) and tons of trying to smooth them over with my hands. I'm guessing they are new growth but a quick look around at all the other people in the place showed up noone else with my problem. I do remember seeing a picture of Jennifer Aniston with a similar phenomenon.

Normally my hair is wavy and I think the hairs just curl up and aren't as visible. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a solution?

Maddy25
September 20th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I have that problem too and people here suggested I use Aloe Vera Gel (The clear kind) and it worked great for me :)

It isnt damaging like hairspray at all and it weighs the hair down.

Harriet
September 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I get this if I straighten my hair. The thing I used to stick them down was toni and guy serum polish stick. I dont straighten anymore though so I dont use it anymore.

Anje
September 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I've never used a flat iron, but I get sticky-uppy bits. Alcohol-free hair gel or aloe vera gel is reputed to smooth them nicely. If they're still being nutty, I found that nothing flattened down the suckers half as well as "Shea butter conditioning cream." The recipe's floating around here somewhere, but it's basically a blend of conditioner, favorite oil, and shea better. That can be a bit heavy and greasy-looking though, if you get heavy-handed with the application.

spidermom
September 20th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Different kind of gels (including aloe vera gel) help, but what works best for me is styling wax, pomade, or styling putty. A little goes a very long way.