PDA

View Full Version : oiling again - can we ever say too much about it?

jera
September 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I bought a huge bottle of Apricot kernel oil, one of the few types I've never tried on my hair before. It's golden and very light. My hair drinks it in and totally behaves when I use it. I'm doing a day long oiling right now and loving the results I get with this stuff. After I wash it out, my comb just glides through my hair for a couple of days afterwards and the shine is awesome. :)
Not for people who have slip issues though as this increases hair's slip greatly.

jaine
September 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I like apricot kernel oil too ...it's one of the few oils that doesn't make my hair look stringy and oily.

Othala
September 18th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Not for people who have slip issues though as this increases hair's slip greatly.

Thanks for the tip. I need slip badly so will definitely be trying Apricot kernel oil.

Alvrodul
September 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I have not tried this one, but since my hair often gets slippery, I think I will have to avoid this one. :)

McFearless
September 18th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Slippery hair......what a dream. Thanks for the thread, now I want another oil:rolleyes:

Hehe:D

Carolyn
September 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'm out of it at the moment but I have to say I really liked it. And I will get some more again. My hair has never been too slippery.

spidermom
September 18th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I've been wondering about apricot kernal oil.

christine1989
September 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM
My nearby Whole Foods just got some in and I am really eager to try is after hearing so many good reviews. I want to wait until one of my 4 bottles of oil is used up but I will definatly be giving it a try in the next few months.

Dragon
September 18th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Going to have to try it.

pepperminttea
September 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I have quite slippery hair as it is, but I still want to try this. :) I do love a bit more slip for my tangles.

Probably a stupid question, but does it smell of apricots?

jera
September 19th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Slippery hair......what a dream. Thanks for the thread, now I want another oil:rolleyes:

Hehe:D

Hehehe ! I know what you mean. I'm always trying new oils on my hair. :p

I've been wondering about apricot kernal oil.

Spidermom, it's very good. Very light and nice for people who's hair can't tolerate heavy oils. ;)

I have quite slippery hair as it is, but I still want to try this. :) I do love a bit more slip for my tangles.

Probably a stupid question, but does it smell of apricots?

No, it doesn't have any scent at all. I wish it did smell of apricots. I'd have loved that fragrance in my hair. :D

baaaad_kitty
September 19th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I recently bought the Aura Cacia sweet almond oil. I love it on my hair, and also on my skin. It makes my hair even more slippery (yay!) and my skin is looking very very nice.

Chamomile betty
September 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I am always looking for a new oil to try.

jera
September 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I recently bought the Aura Cacia sweet almond oil. I love it on my hair, and also on my skin. It makes my hair even more slippery (yay!) and my skin is looking very very nice.

I've never tried sweet almond oil. Oh no, here's another one I'll have to explore. :p

Chestershire
September 19th, 2010, 02:58 PM
hm, oils make my hair rediciously greasy too. Where can you buy it?

bigred199
September 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I have some apricot kernel oil I haven't gotten around to trying yet . . . but after this endorsement I'm going to give it a try right away! Thanks!

mariika
September 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Slippery? Wow. I think I know what I'm buying next.

wvgemini
September 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Hmm ... I almost bought some of this the last time I was at the health food store but I didn't. May have to pick some up next time I'm there.

bumblebums
September 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
I've been meaning to pick some up. I see it all the time as an ingredient in natural moisturizers.

pullanmuru
September 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
How do you do it? I tried the search to look for oil-discussion, like basic how-to, but it list like hundreds of threads... I really would like to learn how to do it right :)

kitschy
September 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
I love sweet almond oil. I wish it smelled of sweet almond. :(

bumblebums
September 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
How do you do it? I tried the search to look for oil-discussion, like basic how-to, but it list like hundreds of threads... I really would like to learn how to do it right :)

Hi again!

Here's how. Take 2-3 drops of any oil you like. Rub it between your palms. Then smooth it onto your hair ends and as much of the length as you think needs it. Start with less oil than you think you need; you should only end up with a slight sheen on the hair, not an oil slick. (Unless you're going for a deep treatment, in which case you can soak your entire head in oil.)

Sheltie_Momma
September 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
I used to use this on my belly when I was pregnant (no stretch marks) but I never thought to try it in my hair. I always see the Burt's Bees one, I wonder if that is a good one to try in hair.

pullanmuru
September 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hi again!

Here's how. Take 2-3 drops of any oil you like. Rub it between your palms. Then smooth it onto your hair ends and as much of the length as you think needs it. Start with less oil than you think you need; you should only end up with a slight sheen on the hair, not an oil slick. (Unless you're going for a deep treatment, in which case you can soak your entire head in oil.)
Thanks! This is interesting. I've used jojoba oil on my dry hands, maybe I can try that on my hair. Still a few questions...how long are you supposed to leave it on? Do you do it before washing or afterwards?

We have this oil conditioner product in finland, it's been sold for decades and is a classic...I've done that but you're supposed to just put loads of it in hair before washing, like a deep treatment. But I wouldn't use it after washing as it has a very strong scent.

SpinDance
September 23rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Bumblebums already answered your question, but it sounded like you haven't been to the article on oiling (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71). I found lots of good tips on many things in our Articles section!

pullanmuru
September 24th, 2010, 01:24 AM
^thank you so much, THAT is exactly what I was looking for. :) I'm half blind, abviously 'cos I couldn't find it myself.. :P