PDA

View Full Version : CO question...

Sofoulee
May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
When I CO I like to massage the scalp so that I don't get any build-up, but my hair likes to tangle when I rub in circles... I've tried working around it in different ways but I was wondering if anyone has found the way that creates the LEAST amount of tangles for them? Especially if you have curly hair.

Do you rub in vertical lines instead of circles? From the crown of your head to the nape of your neck? or vice versa? Seperate it into sections? .... I don't care as long as it works. Any suggestions will be appreciated and tried out!

NenNa
May 23rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
I rub in very small circles. If I make the circles to wide my hair tangles. I also brush my hair when it's full of conditioner - making sure to massage the scalp with the brush.

morgwn
May 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I personally just massage my scalp in the direction of my hair flow (i.e. vertically from front to back). I can NOT rub in circles at all on my hair b/c I get horrible tangles and lose so much more hair that. Further, if you have curly hair, I would advise you to never touch your hair with a brush when it's wet and only use a very wide-tooth comb or finger-comb your hair when it's got conditioner in it. I have lost so much less hair after taking that advice!

MoonCreature
May 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
I run my fingers from the hairline to the crown in small back-and-forth movements and go through the whole scalp like this. But I have straight hip-length hair that doesn't tangle even if I go in circles, so I don't know if this would help.

Sofoulee
May 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys! I'll try all of you suggestions and see what works best for me ;)

hurricane_gia
May 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
I have wavy hair, not curly, but I'm going to answer anyway. :)

I make little scritchy-scritch motions in the direction of the hair growth. Like, if your hair were in a bun, but your scalp itched, you would scratch by gently running your nails along the direction that the hair is going. So I just do it like that!