PDA

View Full Version : I think I have made big progress in stopping the shedding!

Cupofmilk
September 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I hope I have found a solution to the shed. T-gel. I have been loosing 2-3 hairs versus 50+ per wash since I have been back using T-gel.
There must be something amiss with my scalp which is why this is happening. Before T-gel I was using SLS free Avalon organic teatree shampoo and I was itchy and shedding loads.

I wish I could understand what the issue is to stop it happening again.

aenflex
September 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Good Ole Coal Tar!!! I never used Tgel but an old roomie of mine did and I loves just smelling it!! Good for you!

Capybara
September 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
That's awesome! :D I love my TGel. My scalp wouldn't survive without it.

Aevra
September 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
If you don't mind my asking....what is t-gel?

Cupofmilk
September 16th, 2010, 08:47 AM
A shampoo containing coal tar ! Yes really but it's made by Neutrogena and designed for problem scalps

SpinDance
September 16th, 2010, 09:05 AM
My DH uses this and it helps him with the itchies and dandruf.

cubedcoley
September 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a touch of seborrheic dermatitis, can cause the itchies and flakies. I like T-gel and Neutrogena is a really good brand. You can also try dilute ACV rinses. I use 1 part ACV to 4 parts water with some vanilla extract and a cinnamon stick, and apply it all over my scalp and down the length to reset my pH after CO. If you do a search for Apple Cider Vinegar you will find AWESOME information!!! Glad the T-Gel works, though!!! :thumbsup:

christine1989
September 18th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I remember T-gel! My grandma used to use it. I tried it once when I was at her house and it seemed like half of my hair fell out! Its great that it helps so much with your shedding though- your hair must really like it :).

Rose Angel
September 19th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Sounds like a touch of seborrheic dermatitis, can cause the itchies and flakies. I like T-gel and Neutrogena is a really good brand. You can also try dilute ACV rinses. I use 1 part ACV to 4 parts water with some vanilla extract and a cinnamon stick, and apply it all over my scalp and down the length to reset my pH after CO. If you do a search for Apple Cider Vinegar you will find AWESOME information!!! Glad the T-Gel works, though!!! :thumbsup:

I think so too! But I'm glad T Gel is helping you :):)