PDA

View Full Version : "It's just an old sock-bun!"

ColoradoDreamer
May 22nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
This was said by one of my students when another one complimented my up-do this afternoon. I had done my version of a sock-bun with the donut doo-hickey I bought at Claire's awhile back.

I thought it was kind of funny that my kiddos knew about sock-buns. I've noticed several of them do wear this up-do often.

I was telling a friend about it later this afternoon, and she'd never heard of sock-buns. As we were talking, I had taken it all down and put it back up to tuck in the "wurlies" that were escaping. She knew I was doing something strange when she saw me lean forward and mess with the back of my head. I had to take it down again and show her the donut and then put it back up. "Cool!" she said.

But, according to that kiddo today, "It's just an old sock-bun!":rolleyes:

That was what my dad would call a "left-handed compliment" if ever I heard one!

Angellen
May 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
I'm surprised they knew about them, too. I don't think I've ever seen one in real life, and if I have, it wasn't someone I remotely knew. :confused: I think that's really neat, though!

(On a side note, I saw those donut things at Claire's last week for the first time and was tempted to buy one just because it makes sock buns...)

Miss Murphy
May 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
Well, it might have "only" been an old sock bun, but I'm sure it looked great!

Kids, sometimes they have no idea :rolleyes:

FrannyG
May 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Your story made me smile. It was a compliment all right, even if a left-handed one. Kids! :)