PDA

View Full Version : Really long hair

Dragon
September 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Heres a site you might be interested to see with some pitchers of really long hair I just found.

http://photowebs.blogspot.com/2006/11/women-with-long-hair.html

Arianwen
September 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM
My bad, I was LOL at "pitchers of long hair" now I want to see people with long hair putting it in pitchers. :P

jera
September 15th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I've seen those before. Still, that is some awesome growth. :D

pepperminttea
September 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling the second photo is an LHCer. I remember a thread a while ago about that specific photo having been used somewhere without their consent.

Jezerellica
September 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
The second one used to come up when you became a "fan of long hair" on facebook. I removed myself from the list so I can't say if it still does.

Yes, all of them are beautiful. I, however am too lazy to keep up hair twice my height. Even if I could grow that long, which is highly doubtful. The growth is amazing.

Aleria
September 15th, 2010, 12:38 PM
The pictures are gorgeous but some of the comments make me go 0_0

Qwackie
September 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
That last one's awesome. :D

The comments made me like "..." *spews tea on screen* though.

Maddy25
September 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM
yikes, the comments are a tad weird eh, some people are such creepers!

CherrySilver
September 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I recognize the woman in the 6th photo from the top. She used to come to George Michael's salon in NYC back in the 80's. Last I saw of her, her hair was maybe waist or hip length. Glad she's still growing it!

Igor
September 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I have a feeling the second photo is an LHCer. I remember a thread a while ago about that specific photo having been used somewhere without their consent.

I recognise a lot of these women and their photos are definitely not used with their consent. Shame that people feel the need to gather these photos that obviously tickle their fancy and try to pass them off as their own! :rolleyes:
(Mutters something about creeps and the F-word. The Fe-word…)

swivelhop
September 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
The Fe-word…)
Iron? (verbage verbage verbage)

little_cherry
September 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
The pictures are gorgeous but some of the comments make me go 0_0
Yeah, especially the guy asking for photos with the email "buff package" :rolleyes:

I recognise a lot of these women and their photos are definitely not used with their consent. Shame that people feel the need to gather these photos that obviously tickle their fancy and try to pass them off as their own! :rolleyes:
(Mutters something about creeps and the F-word. The Fe-word…)
Yeah....totally agreed. Watermarking images is a must.

Night_Kitten
September 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I've seen most of those pictures on other sites before (the sites made by those women), and though the use of them without concent really annoys me, I have to admit those pictures are a real inspiration :D
As for the comments, some people are ***holes, and unfortunately there's nothing to do about it except ignoring them...

arwenevenstar37
September 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
gorgeous hair!!! What's up with the creepers though :S

FrannyG
September 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah....totally agreed. Watermarking images is a must.

Watermarks can be removed quite easily. People who want to use the photos badly enough will be able to find a way to do so.

Don't be fooled that you're safe with a watermark. If you don't want a photo to be misused, then do not post it on the Internet. Anywhere on the Internet. Even if you post in what you think is a "private" area, believe me, there is no true privacy on the Internet.

JenniferNoel
September 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I doubt it will do much but I'm just going to state a clear warning here.
If anyone is easily offended, please do not read the comments in the link. I find them relatively unsettling myself and I don't feel that many of those comments are "safe" for minors.

But the photos themselves are wonderful and great inspiration.

slz
September 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
and try to pass them off as their own! :rolleyes:
Actually I don't think they try to pass them off as their own, given the blog's name it's obviously about gathering pictures from here and there on the web - so yes, without consent, this is bad and all, but honestly : don't want your pic to end up somewhere you wouldn't know about / wouldn't agree with ? Don't post it on the internet, simple as that. It's like, gluing posters of your face on each wall in your town and complaining when people take them down and bring them home. You know it's going to happen, there's just no way to prevent it except : Do. Not. Post. Pictures. http://rescue.forumactif.com/users/1812/19/00/02/smiles/Hein43_g.gif

Also I don't find f* guys giving their e-mail and ask for pictures offending : they ask, good for them if it works, nobody has to send anything, neither - it's up to you, no harm done.

rhosyn_du
September 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Oh, wow. Those photos are stunning. I'm suddenly considering revising my goal length (again).

Iron? (verbage verbage verbage)

Hee! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought that.

enfys
September 15th, 2010, 04:57 PM
What goes on the internet stays on the internet. :shrug: At least if you watermark there's a chance it won't be removed and you may get more visits to your site. Or something...

I find pictures of peoples hair up more inspirational than loose hair.

RachelRain
September 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I've seen almost all those on a long hair fan group on FB.

That said, the last one with the girl's back to the camera was cropped. There *was* a watermark on the right side, and they cropped it off the picture. I had it as my background for inspiration for a while (the watermarked version) so I remember it clearly.