PDA

View Full Version : Washing Bangs

rhosyn_du
May 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
As the weather gets warmer, my bangs are getting greasy and stringy faster. I know I've seen some people around here mention that they wash their bangs more often than the rest of their hair, and I was hoping some of you would be willing to share your techniques for how you effectively wash your bangs without getting the rest of your hair all wet.

wimsey
May 22nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
I keep a squeeze bottle of very dilute shampoo on my bathroom sink counter. If my bangs need washing, I pull my hair back into a braid or ponytail and stick it inside my shirt. Then I lean over the sink and squirt dilute shampoo into just my bangs. I smush it around gently in my hair and onto my scalp. Then, I lean over the sink and turn my head to the side so that only my bangs are under the water stream of the faucet for rinsing. I don't bother with conditioner for my bangs when I wash them like this.

My bangs are pretty much long enough to catch in my updos now so I don't do it so often anymore.

Nevermore
May 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I wash mine basically daily, as I touch them ALL THE TIME trying to get them out of my eyes. It's not that they're greasy, it's just that I don't like that I didn't have freshly washed hands each time. Anyway, my hair's already in an updo, so I just use whatever soap I'm using on my face (generally softsoap) and grab them with soapy hands, going from the roots down, finish my face-washing, then I use a plastic solo-type cup and pour cool water on them the same way.

Nat242
May 23rd, 2008, 12:20 AM
I wash mine daily using a pretty simple method. I pull the rest of my hair up in a high bun - which you could cover with a shower cap, I don't bother - and wet my fringe, using the shower stream or just a wash cloth, if I'm not showering. I pour some diluted shampoo onto my hands, lather, then gently pass my lathered hands over/through my bangs. Rinse. Some of my roots might get a little wet, but I don't mind.

-- Natalie

Kuchen
May 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM
Pin hair back; stick bangs under tap. Shampoo, being careful to include roots. Rinse under tap. Done. :wink:

Tap Dancer
May 23rd, 2008, 04:21 AM
When I had bangs, I had to wash them even on my non-wash days. I would pull the rest of my hair back in a ponytail, wet my bangs in the sink, apply shampoo, and rinse. Then I would blow-dry my bangs.

In a pinch, you can run some baby powder through oily hair.

jojo
May 23rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
i used to do this and its funny but it makes all your hair look clean, this is what i do

tie hair back or clip or even an alice band will work, then just wash it over the sink not a shower as its hard to keep the rest dry!

Tabitha
May 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
i used to do this and its funny but it makes all your hair look clean, this is what i do

tie hair back or clip or even an alice band will work, then just wash it over the sink not a shower as its hard to keep the rest dry!

Yes it really does make the rest look clean! which is fab. Also, even if my fringe isn't dirty-looking, it often goes into strange horn shapes, especially when the weather is humid, and needs to be washed and blow-dried straight again.

I find it's best using a showercap, but otherwise I do it like this, in the sink, with a little bit of shampoo.

rhosyn_du
May 23rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Aha! Sink! Clearly, I was making things too complicated by trying to wash them in the shower. Thanks, guys!

jojo
May 24th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Yes that's the secret!

how did you get on?

Wind
May 31st, 2008, 01:32 AM
I did this A LOT my Senior year. (just to save time/in a hurry for school/whoops the bus leaves for a volleyball tourny in 15 minutes and I just woke up!!) I pulled the length up into a bun of some sorts, washed my bangs and voila, clean hair. :cheese: One thing I remember is scrubbing the roots. I would do that, and then let the shampoo rinse down, instead of soaping it all. If I neglected to do this, they would still look icky. Gotta get rid of the gunk. :p