PDA

View Full Version : Combing Hair In Shower

Dragon
September 15th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I like to sit on the floor in my shower while combing conditioner through my hair. Been doing this for 5 years. Does any one else find it easier to do this as well?

kitten1986
September 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM
:D me too!

Alcenaia
September 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I can't sit on the floor--I'd sit on my hair now--but I do comb conditioner through in the shower sometimes. :)

Bene
September 15th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Does fingercombing in the shower count as combing in the shower?

KittyLost
September 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I also comb my conditioner through my hair whilst in the shower :)

Aleria
September 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I only comb my hair when in the shower when it's full of conditioner. Though I do fingercomb elsewhere, but that's more of a nervous habit than a need to detangle.

Sarahmoon
September 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Nope. But my hair is straight and fine and much easier to comb when dry. When I comb it wet it just feels like I'm ripping it apart.

Quirkycookie
September 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I never thought of that before actually lol. I'll def. try it next time though, it might be easier.. Thanks for the tip![COLOR]
:cheese:

paperwhite
September 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I always use my wide toothed detangling comb to comb the conditioner through my hair. It really helps me distribute it more evenly and it gets a lot of the shed hairs out which makes it easier for me to gather them and throw them away. I just use the same method in the shower as I do whenever I'm combing my hair: start from the ends and gently work up while being careful not to cause/rip out any tangles.

marisa
September 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I have a big wide tooth comb hanging in the shower just for this purpose! :)

I too collect the shed hairs and toss when I am done.
Helps from clogging the drains too much.

spidermom
September 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I do comb my hair in the shower from time to time, but I don't sit to do it. I stand.

BrightEyes7
September 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Sometimes... if my hair is unusually tangley.

Chestershire
September 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Ohhh, I never do that. If its wet and coditioned, I pull out a gazillion hairs..

Dragon
September 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Does fingercombing in the shower count as combing in the shower?

Yep:) Finger combing does count.

SimplyViki
September 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I comb my hair each time I wash it, when it's saturated with conditioner. I think my hair dries funny if it's tangled as it dries. Plus I like getting all the sheds out, I'm not convinced regular brushing/combing gets them all out.

WaitingSoLong
September 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I stand, not sit. I thought everyone with long hair did this??? lol. I have had to do this since BSL or my hair is too tangly to deal with after the shower.

First, it gets all the sheds out, as others have stated. I am extremely gentle. And I don't like to detangle when my hair is dry (without conditioner). I actually kept cutting my hair to around BSL until I discovered to do this, THAT is when I started growing my hair out longer, until then I just could not get the tangles out after showering/washing my hair.

JenniferNoel
September 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I sit in the shower often. Especially if I have one of those showers with a "ledge seat" available. I don't use a comb though, I use my fingers. I find it relaxing to finger comb while sitting in a steamy shower, like a mini-sauna treatment. I always have some kind of skin treatment going on at the same time.

09robiha
September 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
i shut off mys hower and sit on the side of the bathtub to detangle with my denman it to save water :D

Aredhel77
September 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I always comb my hair when it has conditioner in it - in the bath or shower. I shed loads though! But it seems normal for me so I'm not too worried. I only occasionally comb my hair when it's dry but have started to do that more often recently now I'm trying to stretch between washes (I used to wash it every day - now it's every other day and I'm trying - but only just - to extend it by another day now LOL)

Pierre
September 16th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I comb my hair in the shower, but I sit to do so only if my foot is injured or sick. Else, I stand. I don't use conditioner, as my hair is hennaed and there's always plenty of oil on it.