PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Hair Gods!

like_magic
September 15th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hey guys, ive been looking over this site for a while now and i finally decided to make an account because as far as im concerned you guys are the hair experts!:D

And if im posting this in the wrong area, i apologize in advance!

Ok so Im thinking of dying my hair red, and i mean a really bold, deep somewhat eye popping blood red. No traces of orange, brown or purple, i want solid red, kinda like Patricia Fields hair.

The thing is red hair fades fast, and i hate that. So i was thinking if there was a non permanent hair dye or henna that I can use everytime i take a shower to deposit red color into my hair. This way it'll never fade.

The reason I ask, is because i knew of a women who put Loreal Colour Pulse (which is a non permanent hair color/mousse) into her hair every time she took a shower so her red hair would always be on fire!:pinktongue:

Unfortunately for me they discontinued that product so im wondering if there was any other red hair color or tint i could put into my hair, that wouldnt damage it, to keep it that solid red?

(of course id be going to get my roots touched up every 3 weeks, but im talking inbetween those times)

Harriet
September 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM
You can still buy color pulse on ebay!
Or you could use a deposit only sye like manic panic or special effects mixed with conditioner.

like_magic
September 15th, 2010, 01:20 AM
You can still buy color pulse on ebay!
Or you could use a deposit only sye like manic panic or special effects mixed with conditioner.

hmm manic panic mixed with conditioner, why i never thought of that!

but thats still a semi permanent dye. would it damage my hair? keep in mind that id be doing it once a week (thats how often i wash my hair).

and i tried getting color pulse on ebay before and its pretty difficult finding the color i need. not to mention that pretty soon, there wont be any suppliers anymore.

Harriet
September 15th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I'm pretty sure manic manic is considered non damaging as it is a vegetable dye that just stains the hair cuticle and doesn't contain peroxide like some semi permanent dye does.
What are you planning on dying with initially?

like_magic
September 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM
oooh i didnt know that! well i really hope its not damaging cuz my hair is bleach blond right now, it cant take anymore damage!

im planning on going to the salon to get it done. a really good salon too, i dont mess around when it comes to my hair:P They'll probably be using some salon professional brand. They'll probably be putting a base on first, like orange and then be putting the red over that.

This is how i want it:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8386/hairbyencreblanc.jpg

I might give it a little bit of time though. The only reason i want it red is because the blond i have right now is too damaging. And if i have to dye my hair any other color, red it is. Or i could make it a darker blonde, ive had it before and my hair was fine, but i want something with more "umph" to it lol. I just want to know what my options are. Like if i dye it red, i wanna be able to keep it without fading, by touching it up each wash, thats why i made this post:)

swivelhop
September 15th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Deposit only colors I know of from most to least permanent:
Goldwell's Elumen (deposit only acid dyes, no damage) reds are very durable on unbleached hair, less durable on bleached hair.
Special Effects - no exp with this one but its supposed to last longer than manic panic.
Manic Panic (deposit only vegetable dyes, no damage) is great to touch up in the shower with but only if you can find a routine where you don't dye your skin and walls :D.

Nevada Rose
September 15th, 2010, 02:35 AM
oooh i didnt know that! well i really hope its not damaging cuz my hair is bleach blond right now, it cant take anymore damage!

im planning on going to the salon to get it done. a really good salon too, i dont mess around when it comes to my hair:P They'll probably be using some salon professional brand. They'll probably be putting a base on first, like orange and then be putting the red over that.

This is how i want it:

I might give it a little bit of time though. The only reason i want it red is because the blond i have right now is too damaging. And if i have to dye my hair any other color, red it is. Or i could make it a darker blonde, ive had it before and my hair was fine, but i want something with more "umph" to it lol. I just want to know what my options are. Like if i dye it red, i wanna be able to keep it without fading, by touching it up each wash, thats why i made this post:)

Oh my good grief! That color floored me. It is the most beautiful fiery flaming red hair I've ever seen. :thudpile:

Teazel
September 15th, 2010, 03:35 AM
This is how i want it:

That is absolutely stunning! :agape:

like_magic
September 15th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Deposit only colors I know of from most to least permanent:
Goldwell's Elumen (deposit only acid dyes, no damage) reds are very durable on unbleached hair, less durable on bleached hair.

thats exactly why i have to touch it up everytime i take a shower:P:p

im lucky my tiles are already red cuz im gonna have dye all over the place! lol i think im gonna try the manic panic, its easier to get my hands on. and boy what i relief, im so glad to hear its not damaging!

like_magic
September 15th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Oh my good grief! That color floored me. It is the most beautiful fiery flaming red hair I've ever seen. :thudpile:

That is absolutely stunning! :agape:

hehe i know right?! bet you guys werent expecting that color, hehe.:p. when i first saw that picture i saved it and told myself i would dye my hair that color someday.

im absolutely in love and im on a mission to see what it'll take to have that color! i might have to bleach my dark brown roots to get it but probably no where near as light as i do now with my platinum blond right now.

Amethyste
October 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I have been using this "N Rage" Crimson Red for my hair. I'm telling you, it is vibrant, and long lasting... For a Demi! I color my hair with l'Oreal Mega-Reds Dark Intense Auburn Red with a 15 volume Peroxide ( 1 ounce of 20 and 1 ounce of 10 volume ). I color my hair usually on a tuesday, then on Sunday, I put the "NRage" Crimson Red on my hole head and will last for 3 weeks! When my roots show, I color my roots and then do the "NRage" again... The only thing I dislike about it is the thickness... It is thick! It suggests to put the product over dry hair, but damp hair is much easier and I have not found it to impact the vibrancy of the color rather than on dry hair...

But man, it STAINS big time, wear gloves and be careful on the skin... lol. WEAR GLOVES!!!

Kris Dove
October 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I use to use a wash out dye to give my hair a boost every so often when I had dyed hair- it's a good tip, but you need to clarify every few washes or the build up might make your hair dull. Any wash out dye would work, Manic Panic should be fine, I used to use Superdrug own brand.

Qwackie
October 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/lisaa/
That's about the color you're looking for, right?