PDA

View Full Version : What do you think LHC?

Luckysock
September 14th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I saw a woman today in a book store who was wearing her hair in dutch braid like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jL2DwdH_cu8/TCH82CyUwhI/AAAAAAAAAC0/7586zVm0pYI/s1600/braid6.jpg

The thing is, on her the braid was huge - like 3-4 inches across, no kidding. I mean it was a pretty massive braid, esp considering that it is only half of her hair on each side.

So what do you think LHC, do you think she was using an extra hair piece? does she have a sock in there? Or was she just blessed with crazy thick hair? I would love to recreate the look on myself, (I have thick hair, but not like that) and I'm wondering if there are any tricks that I haven't considered.

Roseate
September 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM
So there was a Dutch braid on either side of her head, each one 3-4" across? That is BIG hair!

If you want to do it, and your hair is not so massive, yes, you're probably looking at adding some extra hair. Depending on the color of your hair this can be more or less easy; there seems to be a lot of extensions available in black and brown, not nearly so easy to find a good match for lighter heads.

Gumball
September 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
And it could also be helped by texture, too, since certain textures definitely result in potential thickness added to a braid.

UltraBella
September 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Being a super thick-headed girl myself, I am going to say she just has very thick hair. It's totally possible it's all hers :)

Gumball
September 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Being a super thick-headed girl myself, I am going to say she just has very thick hair. It's totally possible it's all hers :)

:agree: And if the person doesn't make the braid super tight then that gives some room for bigness, too!

PrincessBob
September 14th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I think it was her own hair. Dutch braids like that are cute, yet utilitarian. I doubt it would occur to a girl to pad her braid... says the girl with the 5+" in ponytail.:foot::rollin: ...never mind.

Dreams_in_Pink
September 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Dutch braids tend to look massive on me too although i don't have very thick hair (but it's very coarse) When i don't pull too tight, Shoulder-length braid looks like it weighs a few kilos! :D So i'll say it's a "coarse" thing.

eezepeeze
September 15th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Maybe it was a 5 or 6 strand braid. The more strands, the wider the braid.

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I don't have very thick hair at all, but somehow Dutch braids look larger on me than French braids or English braids...maybe since I'm having to concentrate on braiding it backwards to my normal way, it ends up looser?