PDA

View Full Version : Is it good for hair to always

sparkle'n'bling
September 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Is it good for hair to always be in the same style? In my case, twisted into a fairly tight cinnamon bun. I do that because it is fast and easy, though it does get a bit boring. I do other styles when I go out, and braid at night, so it isn't permanently in a bun.

pepperminttea
September 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Repetitive styling does tend to be bad for hair, especially if you always secure it the same way. Think of tying off a braid in the same place every time - the damage you get from that style, even if though it's minimal, will build up over time. Updos in general are great - less tangles, keeps it out the way, and such - but change it up a bit if you can. :) The articles section has instructions for many hairstyles that'd work on your length, and there's a wealth of video tutorials on youtube too.

Cleopatra18
September 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I used to do the same and i think my bun was too tight it affected my hair line at the back (nape hair),also my ends hated the cinnamon bun.I think you should really try the lazy wrap bun its extremely easy and fast.

Lisa R
September 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I would try a few other type of updo's that are easy and fast. There are some great hair tutorials on you tube or even go to JJJlonghair's website where she has a great section for hairwebsites and youtube channels etc.

sparkle'n'bling
September 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hmm, I might have to make the effort to get good at other buns. Need them to be really secure, though, which is partly why I've been sticking with the cinnamon bun.

Phexlyn
September 15th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Apart from doing different styles, make sure to place the base of your buns a bit differently every day as well (just a little bit helps) to minimise always pulling at the same part of your hair.

I second trying the Lazy Wrap Bun, it's quick, easy and really comfortable :)

chotee
September 15th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Lazy wrap bun is really easy, fast and comfy but again i end up in the same style so i have to force myself to try out different things as i know any same hairstyle is bad for hair...infact i am sure leaving it down is also good for it to breathe and let the scalp breathe.....but its so hard during the day to just let it down even for half hour so i try a very loose braid at times

Carolyn
September 15th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I think it's best for your hair if you do different updos.