PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone else just thinking...

aenflex
September 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
...Yay Autumn?!?!
I love my hair the most in the fall, the air here is dryer and crisper, and finally the humidity is all but gone. :pumpkin:
This is the season that I wear my hair down the most, and I don't mind the reddish tint that I cannot seem to banish.
So happy!!

halo_tightens
September 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Autumn always makes me a little bit sad, because while I LOVE the season itself, it reminds me that winter is coming. For my hair's sake, though, it's flipping awesome!! It's always so humid here in the summer, and it's such a relief to finally be rid of the swampiness. I can wear my hair however I want to now without sweating buckets. :)

Long_hair_guy
September 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I won't miss sweating but here autumn means rain (and lots of it).

I don't really mind having my hair up these days (I only have it down to show off)

aenflex
September 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Long hair guy - I'm sorry you get rained on my friend!!! Sucky! I lived in New England, and the falls there were unmatched, IMHO, of course. Then in humidity soaked-FL. So the fall here in FL is the only break my hair gets, and it loves it!!

Gnomentum
September 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Wow, autumn in New England is on my bucket list.. I've never been, but the pictures I've seen are incredible.

Autumn is probably my favourite time of year. The colours, the smells, the crunch of leaves underfoot, the bonfires, the end of my *least* favourite season, the fruits and nuts coming into season... *wistful sigh*

Sadly it's also the season that makes me most homesick and sad.

spidermom
September 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I love fall weather, too; when it's not raining, that is.

aenflex
September 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
tried to put a picture in here for you all of a lovely New England fall landscape, but it's so large. I took it out :( I don't want to waste everyone's time while they wait for this pic to load.
Maybe I'll put some in my blog. My good friend went last year and took my camera. The photos are really amazing :)

Islandgrrl
September 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'm a fan of fall weather, too. It seems very kind to my skin and hair. :)

Coffeebug
September 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Oh wow, that picture is awesome - so awesome infact, that I borrowed it for my desktop! I love autumn and winter. Frankly I'm always really pleased to see the back of summer.

Kathie
September 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
While you all enjoy fall, I'm coming into spring :p I'm pretty happy about that too.

aenflex
September 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Bless your heart Kathie!! I forgot this was a world-wide board :) Spring rocks too!!!

tinti
September 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
No! Autumn means rain and more pouring rain. Autumn means earlier nights. Autumn means winter's here soon. Autumn means puddles that I can't see. Autumn means that the ground is soon gonna be filled with snow and ice, and that again means falling. Only good thing about autumn is that X-mas is soon here, and that my inspiration is usually flowing despite all the cons. And I can let down my hair without being warm and sweaty.

Jasperine
September 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I love it because the red and orange colours of autumn looks really good with my naturelly red tones .. :) Well, I love everything about autumn really.

Lianna
September 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
While you all enjoy fall, I'm coming into spring :p I'm pretty happy about that too.

Spring here too. :) But autumn is my favorite season!

tanya222
September 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Not really. I love the summer - here in Ontario the summers are too short already! While it's true that I hate the humidity and I don't miss that, I miss the heat, lying outside in the sun getting tanned, I love the long long days, seeing a twinge of daylight still at 10:40 at night! When the fall equinox approaches I get sad, knowing the daylight is losing out to longer and longer nights. When I used to work continental shift I'd go in in the dark and come out in the dark! :(

At this point I'm only looking forward to winter solstice! Which for me is just about the happiest day of the year! Days getting longer from that point! Joy! :cheese:

kittensoupnrice
September 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I personally prefer winter and spring, but autumn is good because it means winter is coming! It also means a break from the heat. Whew!

I do love all the pretty New England fall colors we get here, but I think I love more that ellusive green haze to the stark gray winter background and delicate flowering colors you get on the cusp of spring and winter. :)

going gray
September 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Fall is my most favorite of the 4 seasons, renewed engergy & all of that, especially after a very hot long summer.

birthmarkie
September 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Yes, I love it :cloud9: It's the perfect time of year where I live and my hair is happier too!

christine1989
September 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm excited for autumn but it is because I love the season. All of my favorite clothes are fall clothes and I love wearing all of my great wool coats and scarves. My hair dosen't look any different but I like the fact that less sun means less fading.

triumphator!
September 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I LOVE AUTUMN TOOOOOOOOOOOO I am so excited for the crispness and full-blown football season and and and my room to be cool all day (I have no air conditioning) and pumpkin flavored things at Starbucks and Panera and sweaters and scarves and run on sentences!

Carolyn
September 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Nope. Not me. Fall only means dust and dirt and winter will soon be here. I'm hoping for a nice long Indian summer and a short winter. I'm already looking forward to next spring.

Dragon
September 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Love autumn. My hair isent drying out as much now winters over.

pepperminttea
September 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Autumn always makes me a little bit sad, because while I LOVE the season itself, it reminds me that winter is coming. For my hair's sake, though, it's flipping awesome!!

Agreed. Always feel a bit apprehensive about the winter, but I do love autumn, and it is kind to my hair and skin. And there is gingerbread and pumpkin spice lattes! :pumpkin:

Lykaios
September 14th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yep! Fall is my favourite season :D

JenniferNoel
September 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I appreciate all seasons and find the best in each one, ehem, what I meant to say is, as soon as it drops below 40, I'm out of here.
:run:

My hair definitely feels a little drier and about as crispy as the air during the colder seasons.

halo_tightens
September 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I appreciate all seasons and find the best in each one, ehem, what I meant to say is, as soon as it drops below 40, I'm out of here.

Oh, how I envy you that option!!!! :o

alittle722
September 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM
i love love love autumn! its sad that the season is so short! though i guess if it were longer it might not be quite as appreciated...

tweegirl
September 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Autumn is my favourite too, for hair and for clothing.

Tovah
September 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Apples!
Pumpkin pie!

On edit: Can you tell I'm dieting, or at least trying to?

Ylesque
September 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Not quite yet; it's still mid-nineties and very humid here in good old Florida. :rolleyes:
But I can't wait for the weather to cool down. I love autumn and winter here; too bad summer seems to last more than half the year here! :p

smileycat
September 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Me, me, I love Autumn!

TinaDenali
September 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Oh, I am so pleased to have summer be over. I just love Autumn. :)

GlassEyes
September 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Yes. My clothing can come out of hiding.

Oh, how I've missed you, sweatshirts and jackets. How I've missed you.

I just love the fall in general. It just feels awesome--with the leaves changing, and the holidays coming up. It just feels like harvest time to me, like the bounty of the earth is somehow changing the air, or something. I love it. Always have.

I can't wait until I can get up and see frost skirting fallen leaves on the ground and creeping on the wood of my deck. <3

GoddesJourney
September 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
...Yay Autumn?!?!
I love my hair the most in the fall, the air here is dryer and crisper, and finally the humidity is all but gone. :pumpkin:
This is the season that I wear my hair down the most, and I don't mind the reddish tint that I cannot seem to banish.
So happy!!

Not a chance! Summer is my favorite thing, ever.

BrightEyes
September 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year! I love how clean and crisp the air feels outside. I love taking walks and hearing the crunch of the leaves. I love the changing colors, and I love all the yummy smells and treats (pumpkin chocolate chip bread....mmmmm!).

eezepeeze
September 14th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Absolutely my fave time of year!! The crisp days, the leaves, the apples, the pumpkins, thanksgiving, the bonfires...sigh....happy :-)

DecafJane
September 15th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Kathie beat me to it. :p I wish it was Autumn here rather than Spring. I don't like our extremely humid summers. I'm jealous of those of you in the north of our planet!

PrincessBob
September 15th, 2010, 12:52 AM
And so begins the wet season that smells like delicious wood fires and tastes of Hallowe'en. :pumpkin:
In troth I love the Fall.

BlueMuse
September 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I love our falls (at least when it doesn't frost early and kill all the leaves). I'm looking forward to the colors. Hopefully it won't be like last year when we got nothing color wise in the low lands. At least I got to see the aspens. On the plus side, it does mean I won't be a sweaty little greaseball every time I bike to the post office (which is fairly often).

mhiap
September 15th, 2010, 02:57 AM
My hair hates the autumn. Wind + rain + my hair = major frizz and dryness! It's very windy today and my hair is a complete mess. Also the wind makes my eyes water so it looks like I'm crying, it's so embarrassing!
I like summer and winter, hate the inbetween bits.

Fiordiligi
September 15th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Things I love about autumn: blackberry & apple crumble, woolly scarves, that back to school feeling, being able to go out without sunglasses, not having to worry about my toenails, ditto sunblock (most of the time), picking up my knitting & crochet again without getting all hot & bothered, conkers, game casserole, thick tights, Bonfire Night.....

BeatlesFanGirl
September 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Oh I LOOOOOVE autumn a lot! :) I love the warm but not hot weather, (although I love hot summers a lot too!), I can wear a dress/skirt+pullover with shoes, I love the long walking in the forests, I love the autumn sun and the beautiful colours, I love autumn fruit: grapes, pears, apples, fig, and yeah, my hair is the best in this season: not so awfully dry like in the summer, and not uneven and flat and frozen like in the winter.

I love that we have 4 seasons here! :)

jane53
September 16th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I WISH I could say "Yay Autumn!" It's still in the mid to upper 90s here. Sigh.

jackiesjottings
September 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I love autumn too for all sorts of reasons, not least the end of summer heat (if we get that in the UK!) and the lovely light. But my hair also grows faster at this time of year. I often see the most growth between about now and May. So even more reason to love autumn :))

wvgemini
September 16th, 2010, 08:41 AM
YES! I love the way Fall smells and feels. I love spicy warm perfumes and snuggly sweaters and the crispness of the air. I love running outside in the Fall when it's the perfect coolness. Oh, and soups and stews and chilis! Yum. Fresh baked bread and going to the orchard with my son and all of the great Autumn activities.

Plus FOOTBALL :)

torrilin
September 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Nope. Autumn means it's getting colder and drier, and my hair doesn't get on with either. (really, neither do I)

Summer is best, since my hair really likes high humidity.

Toadstool
September 17th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Things I love about autumn: blackberry & apple crumble, woolly scarves, that back to school feeling, being able to go out without sunglasses, not having to worry about my toenails, ditto sunblock (most of the time), picking up my knitting & crochet again without getting all hot & bothered, conkers, game casserole, thick tights, Bonfire Night.....
When I was about 14 I wrote an essay about going back to woolly tights in Autumn after the Summer's ankle socks.:)
I love Autumn too - back to school , orange leaves, crisp air, clothes that disguise my body, no sweating, woolly hats for bad hair days.
Wish it weren't followed by Winter, but hey, you can't have everything!

Amelia
September 17th, 2010, 03:38 AM
*is too busy counting* :knit:

hmmm
September 17th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Our monsoon is still going on... But I do love the monsoon and the winter here. We had lots of rain this year in Andhra and it was very pleasant after the horrible summer. Our winters are pretty lame anyway, I hardly ever get to use woolens. :silly:

Henrietta
September 17th, 2010, 04:14 AM
If only the winter didn't come after the fall... I hate the rain and cold weather but I love red tint in my hair;)

aenflex
September 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Too bad we couldn't all post a pic of our seasonality right now :) Septmember from every angle!!

Bonkers57
September 17th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Me too - it's too hot here in the summer. I get sick of 100+ (38+ C) degree days - and don't get me started on the humidity. Autumn is my favorite season.

Frankly I'm always really pleased to see the back of summer.

Naya
September 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I actually joined the site after justing lurking awhile just to say how much I love Autumn.

That quiet in the afternoon because the kids are in school, high school football games outside under blankets shared with friends, my husbands happiness for football season in general, pumpkin bread, gingerbread men, the burnt orange red yellow everywhere, Halloween, trick or treating, candy. I digress:crush: I love this season!

HintOfMint
September 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I just moved to NY a month and a half ago, and I am so glad that the humidity finally died down.

I love Autumn, I get to bust out my little wool blazers.

FrannyG
September 18th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I seem to get excited for the change of every season, especially going into Spring and Autumn. I love Fall weather.

This past summer was far more hot and humid overall than last year, so I am not sorry to see it go.

Toadstool
September 18th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome Nava - good reason for joining!

Thinthondiel
September 18th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I like autumn weather in other places, like where my parents live... not here, though. Autumn here means rain, and a lot of it (but so does winter and early spring). :rolleyes:

I like the days when the ground is actually dry, though.

jennyjb
September 18th, 2010, 08:06 AM
It depends. I love the cool, crisp, sunny days, but all too often it's just grey and damp in the autumn here :(. I don't much like the evenings drawing in either, but at least it means I can go out and look at the stars without giving up my sleep! (if it's not cloudy, anyway).

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM
We have had a dreadfully hot summer, even for Alabama, so I have been eagerly anticipating September. And I was all about autumn, until I started uncharacteristically shedding!! I normally shed from spring to early summer...but earlier this month, I was pulling it out by the handful. :eek:

I do still love this weather, though! It's been in the 80's for a couple of weeks now, so it definitely feels like autumn to me after so many months of 100+!! :cheer:

sophiamarie
September 20th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I also love autumn for many reasons. The crispness in the air, the apple harvest season, pumpkins, football. This season is a little poignant for me. I just lost my Mom this summer. Mom just loved autumn and our birthdays were close together in October. After her terrible illness this summer I am a little lost how I feel this autumn. But for her I shall celebrate her favorite time of year!

wvgemini
September 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
The weather is teasing me. We had a few very nice "getting closer to Autumn" days last week, but it's supposed to be in the 90s this week:justy: I want my Fall, dangit!

adiapalic
September 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Loving the cool fronts coming in! So nice being able to let my hair down and not sweat to death :bluebiggr

boomtownrat
September 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, I'm ecstatic for autumn! It's not really related to my hair, though - this is the time of year when all the great festivals happen, and I'm thrilled for the change in weather since summers where I live frequently feel like being wrapped in hot, wet velvet. Soon I'll be able to wear clothes I like again - summer clothes just don't appeal to me aesthetically as much as cool-weather clothes. (Right now it's still hot most of the time, unfortunately, and may well be until well into October.) Halloween is coming and so are all of the pumpkin-flavored foods. :D

lajsa
September 20th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Fall where I live sometimes doesn't really feel like a season, more like a brief transitioning period between summer and winter. It's rainy, cold, and all the leaves fall off too quickly to enjoy the colours for long. :( Yesterday it was 0 degrees Celsius outside when I got out in the morning. Not sure how my hair likes it. I live above the polar circle so the summers often aren't -that- hot, anyway. :p

anodyne_ame
September 21st, 2010, 01:48 AM
I love Autumn!! This year we've had MASSIVE downpour of rain - which is awesome - but my hair just needs to hear the word rain and I get a curly halo around my hairline :D My mother insists it's cute, but after spending a while making the perfect tight and smooth sockbun and then going out only to have it explode to a puffy cloud is frustrating haha.

That said I'm still very much in love with this time of the year, especially the rainy days.

Little_Bird
September 21st, 2010, 04:46 AM
I love the Autumn as well, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Winter, so I am happy for they to be coming. I would just pass the season shedding, because I hate that :p

Other than that... yay Autumn :D

trillcat
September 21st, 2010, 05:18 AM
Autumn is my season, I become alive again after the long hot summer. I am not a hot weather person, it makes me physically ill. Think passing out.
The smell of the air this time of year, the damp drizzly days where you don't see the sun for days at a time. I love it. The final harvest is here, for both people and animals. I have about 5 new chipmunk friends that are so busy scurrying around my window like striped bullets, man those suckers are fast! They have built a burrow right underneath my window, much to my cat's dismay/delight, cheeks full of stores to get them through. The squirrels are equally focused, though no chubby cheeks, lol.
The wheel is turning, as it must. We go into the long night of Winter with it's cold brutal beauty, and I welcome this.
Oh I will bitch about the cold, one of the perks of living in 4 seasons, you can complain about any season! :D But I love, just love it.
I will miss the thunder storms with the dark black sky and welcome the snow storms in shades of grey and white. I will miss the green of the trees and appreciate the beauty of the bare branches in their majesty.
I welcome the day when night breaks and the Sun returns to us on the Solstice, but I revel in this time of year, the wheel turns and always will, I take joy in the journey.

MaryLA
September 21st, 2010, 06:28 AM
Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. Here on the Gulf Coast in Louisiana, it doesn't get cool in fall....just less humid and hot. Temps in the 80's instead of 90's. It will get "cold" end of Dec or January. Temps around 50 degrees. The high today is 93 so I'm ready for autumn!

clairenewcastle
September 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Autumn is a very evocative season for me, the time of the year when the quality of the daylight is at its most ethereal.
For me the change in the earth's energy starts with the summer solstice so by the time Lammas arrives there is a noticable slowing down in nature.
The passing of the Equinox marks the fact that the season is now well and truly established.