PDA

View Full Version : small curls on side of head, just above sideburns

beinghuman
September 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Hi. I've recently started growing my hair out and it's not too-too long, but I've noticed some small curls on the side of my head just above the sideburns and ears. It's more pronounced and frizzy on my left side than on my right. It only happens to the short hairs that are above my sideburns and around the eyes toward the front. I recently have started trimming them so they don't push my hair out on the sides. I was just wondering if someone else has had this problem or if it even has a name.

Thanks.

:cheese:

beinghuman
September 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
my sideburns and around the ears*

not eyes. sorry.

shawty
September 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I think I might know what you're talking about. The evil poky-out bits behind both my ears are the main reason I decided to commit and grow my hair out. I knew if I kept cutting it then the same thing would happen, I'd cut, it'd grow a bit and happen again, etc. I'm not sure if it's the same thing though.

But, so we can better understand your query, do you think you could provide us with your hair type and approximate length? This will explain the typing system: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5

Hotrox
September 14th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I think if you keep cutting them then this will be a never ending issue.

I got them when some baby hair around my ears and temples reached a certain length and they kind of stuck out at right angels and curled at the ends. Not attractive :p

Just accept them for a month or and the stage will soon pass. Mine still do it to some extent but overall blend in better with my other hair. This happened when they hit about 3-4 inches long. I think another 2 months or so and they won't be an issue any longer.

Good luck :D

DifferentLex
September 14th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Uh i think i have those too, above the sideburns going 2 inches towards the forehead (so pretty much my entire hairline) is fine, kinky curls like a babys hair that never grows, it's about 1.5 inches and stands up straight - i tried cutting them really really short (believing it's damaged) and they grow 1.5 inches and that's it, anybody know what's that about? No split ends, i never used a curling iron just blowdried from time to time not so much in the last 4 months, extra conditioner in those parts and nothing. :confused:

jane53
September 14th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I love 'em. Wispy little curls. Let 'em grow and enjoy 'em while they're short.

jennyjb
September 14th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I have those too! A little patch each side of my forehead that's really fine and thin and has never grown to more than about two inches. I've had my hair long with a longish thin fringe for years, and these bits never got long enough even to be cut as part of the fringe.

Anyway I'm fed up of trying to smooth them down with gel, leave-in etc so that the sides of my fringe aren't propped up at strange angles, so I've started growing out my fringe and I'm using Daktarin cream on it, which seems to be having some effect - those little curly side bits seem to be getting a bit longer:). But the bad news is that there's a whole crop of new baby hairs around my hairline, which I think will soon start to do their own sticky-up thing:(. Oh well, at least it's hair growth.

TrudieCat
September 14th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I have them. I just let them be, and if they really bother me then I clip them back with a cute clip. They're annoying, but I don't cut them because the shorter they are, the crazier they act. I am trying to make peace with my wispies. :)

In2wishin
September 14th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I have always had them and I like how they soften my face. Since I have become a Renegray and stopped coloring my hair, these are the only hairs that are pure white (I am about a third pewter throughout the rest of my hair) and I love these cute little fluffs even more.

Balenciaga
September 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I don't have these, but they sound adorable. I'm jealous now.

Sheltie_Momma
September 14th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I have them, they never grow past about 4 inches. They are at least long enough to go behind my ears when hair is down or clipped/slicked back into an up-do. Sometimes, I straighten them with the flat iron to make them smotth down and blend in better. Sometimes I fluff them up on purpose to have sort of a old timey victorian hair do going on. They are just there, I rather wish they weren't but I've come to accept them at this point.

virgo75
September 14th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I have that problem - in reverse.

My hair is curly(3b or so) in the front right over my forehead, going in a straight line back to my crown. But the area that wraps around my head(where the hair would be left on a guy who is balding :lol: ) is slightly wavy- mostly straight.

Oh, and the hair on my right side is frizzier than my left side. :shrug: