PDA

View Full Version : Is My Hair Blond Or Brown?! Seriously?!

yellowchariot
September 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I while back, I posted an update thread showing pics of my length and overall progress. A lot of you complemented my "blond" hair! I had no idea that it was blond LOL :confused:. I kept thinking that it is a light/medium brown tone. So I stepped outside to make a quick HD video in the sun so you all could get a better look at it. Please comment and let me know what color you think it is! However, when indoors, it looks more of a medium/dark brown tone.

Please let me know what your think! Brown or Blond? I give you all permission to laugh at my accent :tongue:
Click Here To See My Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm0EXukp4UI)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/%3Cobject%20width=%221300%22%20height=%22765%22%3E %3Cparam%20name=%22movie%22%20value=%22http://www.youtube.com/v/Vm0EXukp4UI?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&border=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22allowFullScreen%22%20va lue=%22true%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22allowscriptaccess%22%20 value=%22always%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cembed%20src=%22http://www.youtube.com/v/Vm0EXukp4UI?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&border=1%22%20type= %22application/x-shockwave-flash%22%20allowscriptaccess=%22always%22%20allowf ullscreen=%22true%22%20width=%221300%22%20height=% 22765%22%3E%3C/embed%3E%3C/object%3E

pepperminttea
September 13th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'd say mid-light brown with some natural dark blonde highlights. And since you mentioned it, I love your accent; it's very warm. :)

Bene
September 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM
[insert snarky remark about accent here]

Light brown? :shrug:

Aquamarine
September 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'd say light brown with some umm.... blond-ish ends??:confused: Sorry I'm not much of a help.:p:D

P.S. Your accent is pretty cool!:silly: :p

cmnt831
September 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
It looks light brown with some dark blond highlights to me. Very similar to my dh's hair color. Except he gets accused of artificially adding blond highlights to his. :rolleyes:

yellowchariot
September 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM
BTW: Last summer I did mow a lot! I was out in the sun about every other day. So I most likely obtained sun streaks.

Qwackie
September 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM
That's called a Tennessee Accent. :D
... I wish I had the stereotypical accent for TN. :(

Anyways, Um... mid/light brown and dirty blonde in the light?

Alvrodul
September 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Light brown, I would say, but obviously the sun has been at work and given you some blonde highlights. I must say I like the color!

yellowchariot
September 13th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'd say mid-light brown with some natural dark blonde highlights. And since you mentioned it, I love your accent; it's very warm. :)

Thanks pepperminttea

[insert snarky remark about accent here]

Light brown? :shrug:

How now, I said you could laugh, not make fun of it :o

I'd say light brown with some umm.... blond-ish ends??:confused: Sorry I'm not much of a help.

P.S. Your accent is pretty cool!

Thanks Aquamarine!

It looks light brown with some dark blond highlights to me. Very similar to my dh's hair color. Except he gets accused of artificially adding blond highlights to his. :rolleyes:

cmnt, last summer my hair did look as if I had added highlights to it, haha, but it has faded quite a bit!

That's called a Tennessee Accent. :D
... I wish I had the stereotypical accent for TN. :(

Anyways, Um... mid/light brown and dirty blonde in the light?

Qwackie, when I go to TN, I rarely hear anybody with the same accent as mine?! I do not know if they try to hide it, or what?! lol I promise we h'aint dumb! :D

little_cherry
September 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Dark Ash blonde/light ash brown? Mine's medium ash brown and slightly darker than yours.

MissManda
September 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Your hair looks to be light brown to me. :) My hair is medium brown and is darker than yours. But then again, I once had a hairstylist tell me that my hair was "blonde," so I suppose hair color is subjective.

enfys
September 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Well. I read the title and instantly thought "blonde, obviously" but yes it must have darkened since whatever sunkissed picture I looked at!

I'd say light brown but wouldn't blame anyone who threw blonde into the description.

I didn't get to hear your accent because my speakers are off while DH listens to a podcast for uni...

PiroskaCicu
September 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I think your hair is similar to my hair colour but a few shades lighter. So I would say dark blonde. My hair is medium/light brown.

tinti
September 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I'd say light brown with blonde highlight/streaks. Oh, and I also Love your accent! :D

HuggyBear
September 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Dude...your accent is awesome! I am kinda biased, though...I have the same one. We have that southern TN twang. I used to date a guy from Kansas and he called me all the time wanting his friends to hear my accent because they thought it was the cutest thing they ever heard. Or maybe they were just telling me that and laughing their butts off at me. :p

BTW: Your hair looks like it's dark blonde to me.

Toadstool
September 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
looks blonde to me.
Awesome accent!!!!

ChrissieM
September 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM
The part that hasn't been sunkissed is light brown, but the ends are dark blond. After a few more years of growing and a few more years of sun, I think you are going to be a bit blonder.

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2010, 05:17 PM
As of right now, your hair is a mixture of light brown with lots of natural golden blonde highlights.

Your natural color is a very light brown, but it is the kind of light brown that easily bleaches to golden blonde in the sun. Since you've been outdoors a lot over this summer, its quite normal for your hair to lighten to blonde. I personally think its an awesome color combo! :cheer:

rags
September 13th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Light brown with blond highlights most likely caused by the sun. What accent??? :p

chelseamichelle
September 13th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I would say light brown

1nuitblanche
September 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I'd say light brown, although that might be because in the video, I could see that your eyebrows and goatee are dark.

Lixie
September 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'd say light brown. Very nice, too. And I love your accent! :D

Peter
September 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Light brown!

And your accent is nifty. :D

HollowHannah
September 13th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Medium to light blonde with some definate blonde highlights. Oh, and your accent is perfectly charming. :-)

MsBubbles
September 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM
This is strange, because from your indoor videos I recognized your hair color as being like my natural indoor hair color, so I just assumed you were also blonde in the sun. I am surprised to see your hair is a more medium brown (to me) outside in the sun.

frizzinator
September 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Your hair is golden.

Do you have an accent?

Hylia
September 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
It looks very much blonde to me. Dark blonde anyways, looks good!

JenniferNoel
September 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Ah, the great debate appears once again, as blondette continues to confuse the masses with it's mysterious and elusive persona.
I'm going to take part and agree with most of the above posts, your hair is definitely a light brown/dark blonde. Lighting makes all the difference in the world.

apynip
September 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I claim light brown and blonde on teh sun bleached ends.

BTW now i have to read your posts with your voice. its a terrible trait I have. you have teh same accent as my brother in law so no laughing or sassy remarks on my end.

joiekimochi
September 13th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Maple syrup. It looks dark in the bottle but turns golden when the sun hits it. At least, that's how I would describe your hair.

Nice accent by the way, it sounds comforting like the town sheriff who has got everything under control.

Antipodienne
September 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Blonette, for sure.

GoddesJourney
September 13th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Well, if you have to ask...

Just kidding. It actually looks perfectly light to medium brown to me, and kind of fine. You have some light and reddish highlights, which is normal. Looks nice, I don't see a problem. :D

ETA: Oh, and the accent, yes, cracks me up. A little more of a drawl than I had imagined, but I guess it suits you so why not? Kind of reminds me of Kevin Bacon from Tremors. Hahaha!

2peasinapod
September 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM
It looks light brown in the video and medium brown in your albums to me. I think it looks nice! :)

DecafJane
September 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM
It is a really nice light brown, IMHO.

I love hearing people's accents (and yours is gorgeous) for the first time. In my head, when I see people but don't hear them, they all speak English with Australian accents, because I'm Australian. This includes Germans with whom I speak German. Then when I hear a different accent to what I expect, it is such a pleasant surprise.

It is also really nice to hear people speaking in accents that aren't the boring modified newsreader accent. Having said that, the harsher Australian accents are awful. (Look up Kath and Kim on Youtube for examples.)

Lavina
September 14th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I think your hair is dark-blond.
In the Russian language has a special name for this color :wink:

Lianna
September 14th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Looks like a level 6.0 dark blonde to me. And seems it will get lighter as it grows. I also love your accent! :D

Phexlyn
September 14th, 2010, 01:45 AM
DBF has almost the same hair colour, and he insists it is dark blonde. I call it light brown anyway, so you see it's a bit difficult ;)

It's probably one of those colours that change very much with the lighting, and that's why some say it's blonde, some say it's brown. Maybe sort that out by the colour it is in most lightings and not counting the sun streaks?

Gnomentum
September 14th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Your hair looks (in the sun) the same sort of colour range as my daughter's. Which is to say, light brown with sunbleached blonde streaks. When I've seen your other videos, indoors, it looks a little darker.

I already heard your accent and I like it! There are very few accents I don't like, but yours is cute.

Loved the earthquake effect on the video.. quite impressed though, if it had been me holding a cam in my hand like that it would have looked like the coming of the apocalypse.. I have really poor upper arm strength!

Sisko
September 14th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Dark blond. Or is it tawny? I'm not sure what the colour between blond and brown is called, but it certainly exists - a lovely soft colour it is.

cubedcoley
September 14th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hair of many colors based on lighting. The accent rules!! :guns:

RadiantNeedle
September 14th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Puma.
You are puma coloured!
Darker brown tones with tawny highlights and wheat blonde. ^-^

aada
September 14th, 2010, 03:18 AM
between light brown and dark blonde. for added helpfulness, pretend i am making fun of your accent. :D

FrannyG
September 14th, 2010, 03:21 AM
That would be dark blonde. It's a fine line between dark blonde and light brown to the untrained eye, but I'm going with dark blonde.

Dark Rosaleen
September 14th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I'd say it's light brown with dark blond highlights from the sun. It's a pretty color.

And on a side note: Woohoo I've lived in TN long enough now to recognize the accent. It's cool.

Othala
September 14th, 2010, 04:13 AM
In-betweenie!

serious
September 14th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Dark blonde!

Chrissy
September 14th, 2010, 04:42 AM
It is a really nice light brown, IMHO.

I love hearing people's accents (and yours is gorgeous) for the first time. In my head, when I see people but don't hear them, they all speak English with Australian accents, because I'm Australian. This includes Germans with whom I speak German. Then when I hear a different accent to what I expect, it is such a pleasant surprise.

It is also really nice to hear people speaking in accents that aren't the boring modified newsreader accent. Having said that, the harsher Australian accents are awful. (Look up Kath and Kim on Youtube for examples.)

Yipes! I wish I would have had a warning about them. Kinda R rated.

Chrissy
September 14th, 2010, 04:43 AM
To me your hair is light brown. I think your accent is nice. I love accents of all sorts.

Zindell
September 14th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Medium brown with some golden brown streaks :)

salls
September 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Light Brown has my vote.

Joliebaby
September 14th, 2010, 05:00 AM
See, even the experts here can't agree :)
I would lean toward dark blonde though. But you could just as easily say it's light brown. Sorry, no help here :)

lajsa
September 14th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I'd say somewhere between brown and blonde, leaning towards brown. :p And your accent is lovely, btw. :D

Maddy25
September 14th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Light brown I'd say. It is kind of hard to tell, sorta like Avril Lavignes hair when it was brownish, I could never decide if it was brown or light blonde.

Margeaux
September 14th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I haven't read the complete thread so this may have been offered before, but a good way to determine whether you're a blond or brunet is this:

Does your hair lighten in the sun and become more 'truly' blond? If so, you're dark blond. If it doesn't lighten, or if it has a reddish/auburnish undertone, you're a brunet.

Hope that helps :)!

- a blonde ;)

MsBubbles
September 14th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I think your hair is dark-blond.
In the Russian language has a special name for this color :wink:

OK so now I'm curious...:o can you say what it is, or is it rude or something? :)

Aredhel77
September 14th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yep, light brown with some sun-lightening has my vote.

But 'maple syrup' (joiekimochi) and 'puma' (RadiantNeedle)sound sooo much cooler!! :eyebrows:

Maybe this needs to be a poll and then you'll be able to gauge visually what the general consensus is LOL

Katze
September 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM
we have almost the same hair color, and I am considered brown (too bad, I WISH I was still blonde. :D) Look through my pics and see if you don't agree with me that we have very similar color (and type...!)

As a guy you might not know this but 'blonde' depends a LOT on who you're asking. :D

Here in northern Europe there are more people who are naturally blonde, so my hair is considered brown. When I lived in NYC I was considered blonde, go figure. But I have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes so I consider myself dark blonde. Your beard is fairly dark so that might push you into the category of brown.

Here is a pic of my DH (with our daughter just after she was born) who has almost the same hair color as me in real life: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=218&pictureid=37518

but he is considered blonde, and gets platinum streaks in the sun, whereas I don't. His beard is also lighter than yours with a lot of blonde and red.

Sometimes we say 'hair colored', 'tawny' or 'puma-colored' (I love pumas) for this inbetween hair.

IMO, blonde is very much in the eye of the beholder!

and yer accent rocks. :D

Blueglass
September 14th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Light to medium brown, for sure. I don't see any gold, and very little red. A neutral brown.

KittyLost
September 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Didn't someone make a Blondette thread? Prehaps are you a Blondette!

Henrietta
September 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Didn't someone make a Blondette thread? Prehaps are you a Blondette!

I did:D

Here, I vote for light brown. Maybe it's just my computer's settings but I can see some red tones too;)

aenflex
September 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Tee hee I was thinking light brown!!!! Perception is Reality!!?!?!?!

Kathie
September 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I was also thinking light/med brown. But you do seem to have blond ends :shrug:

yellowchariot
September 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Alright now, you all are throwing in colors that aren't even present! LOL J/K :laugh:

Most of the replies seem half and half.
So it must be the combination of my color tone :shrug:
However, if I look at the strands of my hair, individually, they appear to be the same shade. I do not just see an isolated different shade of color :confused:

MsBubbles
September 14th, 2010, 03:13 PM
...and then there are all our different computer monitors, plus our own perception of what falls under blonde or brown :D

DavidN
September 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Your hair colour looks similar to mine, Yellowchariot, except that I have quite a few natural silvers mixed in, of course! I still call it brown, with blonde highlights. My hair always looks lighter in the sun, and may even lighten slightly in the summer as well.

Cool accent, btw!

melikai
September 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Light to medium brown! :) The tips are blondish, but the top doesn't seem to go "golden" in the sunlight, which I associate with blonde hair. So, yeah: light/med brown.

RitaPG
September 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM
It seems definitely brown, just lightened by the sun.

You have that particular hair color that my mom calls "light brown and dark blonde" :rollin:
I think it's a lovely color, it changes with the season :)

Thinthondiel
September 14th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I'd say medium brown with natural highlights.

I still love your accent. :)

(ETA: "still" as in, I've told you before that I love your accent and I still do, not "still" as in "I like your accent even though your hair looks brown to me" :p)

JulietCapulet
September 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Dark blonde. Not brown.