PDA

View Full Version : I let a stranger braid my hair...

Kellyne
September 13th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I normally wouldn't but I was at an estate sale about 2 hours before it started (you have to get there early if you want the good things, not that there were any good things, but I didn't know that until later). She had already introduced herself and we were talking and she said "Your hair is so beautiful I just want to braid it" so I said well you can if you want. Here are the resluts:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/kellyne/hair/Screen01.jpg

not bad considering that she had no comb or experience with long hair.

GoddesJourney
September 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Ah, Southern California...

Anje
September 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Not bad at all! Looks like she missed a few "adds" for the french braid, but it's still nice and smooth looking.

I love having someone gentle do my hair. It doesn't happen much, though.

TinaDenali
September 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Nice! What a gorgeous color you have!!

spidermom
September 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
She wasn't very good at it. I hope she was gentle.

JenniferNoel
September 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Relatively impressive for no comb/experience. Your hair is looking mighty shiny. ;)

tinti
September 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I think she was pretty good, considering no comb/experience.

arwenevenstar37
September 13th, 2010, 02:21 PM
:) that's very sweet :) Your hair is gorgeous by the way

Arianwen
September 13th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I like! Yes, it's not perfect, but that's ok! :)

Copasetic
September 13th, 2010, 03:07 PM
She did better than I could! I would never let someone style my hair because 99% of people don't know how to handle curly hair.

yellowchariot
September 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Kellyne, she did a good job on your hair, and she added quite a few sections in as well. The length of your braid is very cool. Was she a hairstylists at one time?

christine1989
September 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
A decent braid for being comb-less! I let anyone who asks braid my hair since I can't do it myself.

Aquamarine
September 13th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Looks good to me, especially considering no comb or experience.
Your hair looks Gorgeous, by the way:D LOVE the color and shine:)

Carolyn
September 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Looks pretty good to me even if she missed adding a few sections. No biggie really. It was all for fun. I probably would have let her braid mine in the same circumstances.

triumphator!
September 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I agree with everyone else, she got some good practice on your head :)

SurprisingWoman
September 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
What a great way to pass some time!

I think she did a fine job and the price was great!

;)

Dragon
September 14th, 2010, 02:08 AM
It looks good.

trolleypup
September 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Kinda neat when you meet someone who you are comfortable enough with to let them play with your hair. Been a while, for me, usually happens when I am detangling...so they have to wait til I'm done.

Not bad, for a practice run!

Heh! How long did you leave it in? I had one complex serpentine dutch braiding I left in for a day or so (sadly, pre LHC so I didn't think to get pictures)...others, less, much less...including one "OK, do you mind if I take it back out?" (a rather nice feeling english braid).

Bene
September 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I don't let strangers play with my hair. My most recent offer from a friend's little cousin, a 6 year old girl who had just finished eating an icecream cone. I could see the sticky residue all over her little fingers. So when she asked if she could braid my hair, I was like "http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/nah.gif.... Oh look!!! A squirrel!!!"

Deflection and misdirection. Works like a charm :D

trolleypup
September 14th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I don't let strangers play with my hair. My most recent offer from a friend's little cousin, a 6 year old girl who had just finished eating an icecream cone. I could see the sticky residue all over her little fingers. So when she asked if she could braid my hair, I was like "http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/nah.gif.... Oh look!!! A squirrel!!!"

Deflection and misdirection. Works like a charm :D
Heh! Well, there is a mental checklist: General presentation, their hair, hands groomed, etc.

BunnyBee
September 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
She wasn't very good at it. I hope she was gentle.

LOL!

You're braver than me for letting a stranger touch your hair :p

Henrietta
September 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
You are brave:) I don't know if I would agree.

DuckyDot
September 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Better then I could do :D

BlueMuse
September 15th, 2010, 01:24 AM
If I want a french braid I have to take my brush and head one city over to see my mom, so if someone offers to braid my hair, isn't holding scissors and doesn't have sticky hands, I would let them braid away.

Chestershire
September 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM
You have beautiful hair! I wouldn't have anyone touch it if I were you :D