PDA

View Full Version : When do you love your hair the most?

whiteisle
September 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM
.........for me, it's just after I wash it while it's still damp. I love the feeling of freshly cleaned hair and I adore the slight lingering smell of whatever I've chosen to wash with (right now it's my PLH aloe poo bar....mmmm delightful! :D)

aenflex
September 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
When it is soft. I don't care if it's curly that day, or lank, or fluffy or flat. If it's soft, I am a happy girl!

GoddesJourney
September 13th, 2010, 12:17 PM
If I wash it and then put it in a braid when it's damp, it takes the whole day to dry. When it does dry in a braid, it looks amazing when I take it down. I love it. I also love it right before I get in the shower when I can feel the hair falling down my back. I'm a big enough dork to always lean my head back for a minute to imagine my next goal length.

lesbia
September 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Also for me...I love my freshly washed hair!

Bller
September 13th, 2010, 01:12 PM
If I wash it and then put it in a braid when it's damp, it takes the whole day to dry. When it does dry in a braid, it looks amazing when I take it down. I love it. I also love it right before I get in the shower when I can feel the hair falling down my back. I'm a big enough dork to always lean my head back for a minute to imagine my next goal length.

You took the words right out of my mouth miss :D. This is what I would have said if I wouldn`t find your post here :). I adore my hair when it`s freshly washed, just the other day I managed to teach my hands to braid :)), and I tried braiding my wet hair, and after like 12 hours when I unbraided it, it still had some damp feel in it, but the wavies in it where amazing, and for once in my life I managed to see my hair the way I always wanted it, without tangles and curled up ends. Its just amazing, I love it !
And to give you guys an update about my progress, I`m way past BSL, almost mid back now, and heading courageous to my goal length, WAIST !!
I`ll make some photos soon ! :D :cheese:

spidermom
September 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I love it most 2-3 days after washing when it's all straightened out and smooth but hasn't yet become oily (sebum-y?) at the roots. It lasts all of about 3-6 hours.

sarahbrownie
September 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Definitely when it's damp when I can't feel my dry ends. I seem obsessed about them lately.

Gnomentum
After it's been washed and oiled and is *just* dry, with a nice wave to it and feeling lovely and cool from the moisture.

constantki
I love it when my hair is super soft 2 days after a wash.

Konstifik
September 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I love it after wash as well, only not when damp. I love it when it's dry up to 1-2 days after wash. Then I have lightly oiled it with jojoba or some other oil, scented with rose, jasmin, ylang ylang, rosemary and/or some other essential oils. :D

Alvrodul
September 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
... Like ... now? Yesterday definitely was a "spa day" for my hair, which actually started out the day before, with Nightblooming's Triple Moon oil on my scalp, and more oil (mostly coconut) for the length. That stayed on overnight, and after I washed it, it got covered with henna. :)
More oil on my hair when that was washed off - and today my hair feels woonnnnderful!:cloud9:

sophiamarie
September 13th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I love my hair most after it is washed, dryed, and styled with the sides pulled up
in a barrette. (maybe this is called a 1/2 up?).

pepperminttea
September 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
In summer, it's when it's freshly washed and down to dry. In winter, the day after washing, when it's all soft and warm. :)

TinaDenali
September 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I love it also when I've braided it wet and then take it out after it dries.

Also, when I've taken a shower before bed and slept with wet hair, it's so nice and wavy and shiny without the frizz.

ravenreed
September 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Wash day, when I take the time to twist my hair into a sausage curl as it dries. I get the prettiest spiral waves, just in the last 1/3 of my hair. The next day is okay too.

JenniferNoel
September 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I love my hair most when it's in a comfortable, sleek up-do. I only enjoy it when it's down when it's nice and long. At this length, it's not exactly the most flattering look for me. And it's at that prickly-on-the-shoulders stage.

sibylla
September 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Today:))Newly hennaed and with braid waves after 4 tightly braided braids (close to the scalp for volume).My hair shined so much and I felt like a princess stroling in my town.It really felt like everybodies eyes were on me:).

Aleria
September 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
When I wake up the morning after a wash (I wash at night and sleep with wet hair, either loose or in a braid) and see my gorgeous waves.

ScarlettAdelle
September 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
The day after roller setting it, when it's soft and wavy & I look like I've stepped out of an old movie. Otherwise, when I flat iron it and then go for a walk with my dog and I can feel the cool air running through it, and it lifting and falling down my back.

alittle722
September 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
freshy brushed before bed when it is ultra soft!

Carolyn
September 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I love it on day one. I love it when it's damp and drying. I like it when it's just barely dry and nice and straight. Anything past day 1 is something I tolerate.

tweegirl
September 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
The day after washing it with shampoo, my hair is best when has time to settle down and de-frizz

JulietCapulet
September 14th, 2010, 11:06 PM
After I get a blow out at the salon!

Juneii
September 14th, 2010, 11:31 PM
the night of the day I wash it. It's just finally completely dry and my hair is super smooth and shiny. And then I have to bun it for sleep and when I wake up it gets oily.

PrincessBob
September 14th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I love it when my braids lay smooth down the sides of my head without loopies.

HintOfMint
September 14th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Right now when it's damp and drying from a highly modified SMT (coconut oil, honey, glycerin, suave conditioner) and has a light coating of coconut oil on the underlayer. It's up in a bun and tomorrow, when I take it out, it will have gorgeous waves and hopefully still smell like honey. Sometimes the anticipation of a good hair day is better than actually having it.

starlights
September 15th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I love my hair when its semi dry after being washed... it feels so silky and long!!!

Dragon
September 15th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I love my freshly washed hair while its still drying.

LittleOrca
September 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
When it behaves and looks great when its being worn down.

smileycat
September 15th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Freshly washed and nearly dry after a good oiling soaked in overnight... sigh...

Othala
September 15th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Whenever it is clean, dry and completely detangled.

Tornerose
September 15th, 2010, 06:16 AM
When it holds on to curls or lots of brais waves, so I can pretend I have the worlds most voluminous thick hair that completely covers my entire upper body.

schweedie
September 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
the night of the day I wash it. It's just finally completely dry and my hair is super smooth and shiny.
Same here. If I wash my hair early in the day, which I usually do, it's at its nicest right before I go to bed. It always feels like such a waste to just go to sleep with it!

If I wash it in the evening, detangle, put it in a cinnabun when still damp and sleep with it that way, I love it the next morning, too. The soft bunwaves can be lovely.

Pixna
September 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I love my hair all the time, but I guess I love it most about 2 days after I wash it, when it has "settled down" and is easier to comb and put up.

Chestershire
September 15th, 2010, 02:18 PM
On washday, fully detangled

Anisaa
September 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM
When it os windy and I feel the wind pushing my hair back!

going gray
September 16th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm guilty of liking my the day after I get it washed & blowndry (coolish blowdryer) in a salon. It just doesn't loofk or feel the same when I've done it myself!

Meagan
September 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
straightened or curled with an iron

WaitingSoLong
September 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Hmm. I don't like my hair damp after washing. Weird. I like my hiar best when it looks like my avatar which can only be done if I blow-dry it. Ergo I hardly ever have it like that.

I woudl say I don't like my hair MOST of the time, so I keep looking at my avatar so I am not tempted to CHOP IT ALL OFF.

Loreley
September 17th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I like it most one day after washing. It's straighter and softer then. :)

Bonkers57
September 17th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I confess! I love it too :D It looks so full and the ends tuck under just the way I want them to. If I take the time I do it at home once in a while on a cooler setting; it takes forever but it's worth it.

When I let my hair air-dry, which is most of the time, I like it best after a shower and almost completely dry - it looks fuller and there are fewer strands clumping together.

After I get a blow out at the salon!

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I love mine the most the day after a wash. By then, most of the frizz around my head has calmed down, and it will accept being bunned or braided with no major irritations. The day after a wash is also the best wear-it-down day, looks- and shine-wise. :D

MaryLA
September 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I love the way my hair feels after its been washed. I like the smell of shampoo and cond. in my damp hair.

Krentje
September 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I love mine the most the day after a wash. The day after a wash is also the best wear-it-down day, looks- and shine-wise. :D

Agreed! And today is the day :cheese:.

i am trying to decrease the times a week i do a hairwash, and only since recently i can say i like my hair on the 3rd day after a wash as well!

lauravmarcela
September 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Love it right after I wash it, it's so full of volume and feels so clean and if there's one thing I have to have is awesome smelling shampoo and conditioner.

Like I will use a very moisturizing conditioner and buy one just for the smell

Rose Angel
September 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I love it after a shampoo, mostly. But some mornings, when I wake up, I feel extra lovey-ness for my bed head hehe :)

adiapalic
September 20th, 2010, 12:51 PM
The day after I wash it and let it out of my sleep-braid. It has that little bit of dampness, so soft. Smells good, feels good. Lately I have been washing maybe 1-2 times a week... so it gives me something to look forward to!

LunarAurora
September 20th, 2010, 01:06 PM
After a wash when it is still wet or damp, and the day after a wash ! <3

Maddy25
September 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I love my hair most right after a wash and airdryed, it is soooo soft and smells pretty and flows so nicely :) I usually wash it on a friday right before I meet DH to go see a movie, I love to put on a dress and skip around with my hair all flouncy when I go see him after work :)

Intransigentia
September 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
I love it most when I wake up behind schedule and I've slept on it funny, but I can just bun and run, and not worry about it the whole rest of the day.

I also love it when I'm taking it out of an braid or updo - the sensations on my scalp as the hair falls down, and how smooth and soft it is from having been put away right after being combed out, and the waves I only get from wearing it up.

charalito
September 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
When it behaves and looks great when its being worn down.

Me too! It's at its best a couple of days after a wash.

Antipodienne
September 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM
When it's been twisted up in a bun for DAYS and I take it down and it has huge curls and waves. They never last, but I temporarily feel like some avenging goddess... :)

Shellby
September 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
When it is almost dry, just damp. Love the lingering smell of my coconut conditioner, and the cool dampness against my skin is so nice.