PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for your scalp to all of a sudden hate conditioner?

allnaturalboy
September 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I used to S&C all the time, from roots to ends with both. Now I wash only my scalp, but for some reason conditioner on my scalp has been making my hair greasy since I switched back from CO. My scalp seems to HATE conditioner now. Is that weird? I used to use a ton of conditioner and just slather it on after shampooing, then rinse after 2 minutes and my hair came out just fine. Now however, it just doesn't do that. I avoid conditioner on my scalp now. My hair texture doesn't seem to have really changed, so it seems kind of weird to me.:confused:

spidermom
September 13th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Since it's already happened, it has to be possible; right? I have to keep conditioner away from my scalp also, but it's always been that way.

allnaturalboy
September 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Since it's already happened, it has to be possible; right? I have to keep conditioner away from my scalp also, but it's always been that way.

Well, yeah. XD It just seemed weird to me that after so long, it wouldn't work anymore.

spidermom
September 13th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Maybe you're going through some hormonal changes as you move into your 21st year.

littlenvy
September 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
*nods head*

Last year I developed contact allergy to hair products (on my scalp, neck and back). Turned out (at least that's what I've been told by the doctor) that it was the preservatives found in conditioner called Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone that made my scalp oversensitve.
I was told that sometimes after a long exposure they will cause skin irritation and even chemical burns.
So now I have to really watch what's in my conditioner, especially one I use for CO.

Anje
September 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Maybe you're going through some hormonal changes as you move into your 21st year.
Another possibility is that now that you're trying different washing methods and paying close attention, you're noticing that your scalp may have a seasonal cycle in oil production. Mine tends to pump out more oil once the weather turns cold, but I never noticed until I stopped washing my hair every day and paid attention to when it actually needed to be washed.

23_seconds
September 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Last year I experienced some major winter dandruff and had to stop CO with my regular Suave and VO5 conditioners in favor of H&S and Neutrogena's T-Gel. Once the dandruff was taken care of I tried to return to my CO routine, however my scalp absolutely hated it, which I thought was especially odd because I'd been CO for a solid two years prior to the dandruff episode! I now S&C daily and am careful not to get conditioner on my scalp. If it matters, I am also 20 years old.

little_cherry
September 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I never put conditioner on my scalp...even when I do a deep oiling, I avoid oiling my scalp.

Masara
September 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I S&C and I used to condition from roots to tips with no problems. Then about a year ago, my roots started looking strange, not greasy as such, but darker and duller. I stopped using conitioner on my roots and the problem went away.