PDA

View Full Version : baby hairs a boinging!!!

jojo
May 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
just a quickie, ive noticed loads and i mean loads more than usual baby hairs springing up, along my length and well all over. This is nothing new (apart from the amount, i swear their breeding:p) but the texture of these hairs has completely changed, they are like coils the ones on the top of my head when stretched come down a quarter of my length, before they were straight or maybe a bit kinky.

So why is this happening, is it normal? and anybody else get this?:rolleyes:

TIA:confused:

BrianaFineHair
May 22nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
I don't know why there would be a change in texture unless they are silvers? My few silvers seem to be thicker in texture, and hey, that's fine with me :D

Riot Crrl
May 22nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I would say to inspect the ends. If each end is tapered, it's new growth yay. If the ends are split or breaky looking or have white balls on them, it's breakage boo.

ColoradoDreamer
May 22nd, 2008, 10:02 PM
I too have sprigs all over the place. I will run my hands over my hair in an up-do, thinking that I've got it looking all smooth and pretty and then I look in the mirror. I look like Pogo Possum on steroids!

But I guess this is a good thing. It means that my hair is getting thicker, right?

So let the sprigs keep a-boinging, I say!

1nuitblanche
May 22nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
I get that sometimes too--the new baby hairs are curlier than the rest of my hair. Maybe it's because they are lighter? I have one grey hair (that sounds really funny to say, but hopefully you'll understand because this is a hair community), and it's a different shape and texture.

flapjack
May 23rd, 2008, 12:07 AM
In the past few years, I have "developed" a strange set of baby hairs. They're dark red and black and they're very coarse and wiry and stick up in odd directions everywhere along my part, the front of my head and my neck. I've basically learned to enjoy them as they are quite funny. So I suppose it's a normal part of life/development. Hair in general is a bit crazy, so who really knows!

kate46
May 23rd, 2008, 01:55 AM
I have lots of baby hairs that grew in when I stopped using chemical dyes last year, they are mostly silver hence they are are curlier than my normal hair and shoot off in all different directions but I also have the odd, weird, coarse black wiry hair that seems to appear from nowhere, I have no idea why :confused: I just enjoy them as my fascinating mutants :D.

jojo
May 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I don't know why there would be a change in texture unless they are silvers? My few silvers seem to be thicker in texture, and hey, that's fine with me :D

no these are my normal dark blondy colour, my greys are like coils but not as much as these are!

jojo
May 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
I would say to inspect the ends. If each end is tapered, it's new growth yay. If the ends are split or breaky looking or have white balls on them, it's breakage boo.
they are all tapered from what i can see and the only splits i have are at the back, it sure is a mystery!

jojo
May 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
In the past few years, I have "developed" a strange set of baby hairs. They're dark red and black and they're very coarse and wiry and stick up in odd directions everywhere along my part, the front of my head and my neck. I've basically learned to enjoy them as they are quite funny. So I suppose it's a normal part of life/development. Hair in general is a bit crazy, so who really knows!
yes this is what mine are slightly darker and a lot more coarser, crazy hair , they are quite funny its as if they have got lost and attatched themselves to the wrong head:poot: they look like this little mans hair but curlier!!!! LOL

eadwine
May 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
My baby hair does this too. Proof that I am not a 1a AT ALL :lol:

The length seems to be getting more of this too though, quite fun :D

flapjack
May 23rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
I would laugh even harder if my insane-o baby hairs waved or curled but they don't do that, either! They just stand up straight or diagonally in random angles, BUT STILL STRAIGHT. 1a for life, I guess, hahaha. These little guys do not want to fall out, either. I'm waiting for one of the longer ones to fall out so I can string it on a fishing pole because that's how thick and tough they are! I'm sure some have and I haven't noticed but I'm on the lookout, so they should be afraid!

Koskaan
May 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe the baby hairs will lie flatter when they grow longer and the weigth of the hair will pull the curl straighter.

I definitely hope that my baby hairs will do that in the future. Most of them are almost ponytail length already, but I expect to get more of them soon when my scalp gets healthy. Then it'll take another few years until I get rid of the halo... :silly:

Riot Crrl
May 24th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe the baby hairs will lie flatter when they grow longer and the weigth of the hair will pull the curl straighter.

I definitely hope that my baby hairs will do that in the future. Most of them are almost ponytail length already, but I expect to get more of them soon when my scalp gets healthy. Then it'll take another few years until I get rid of the halo... :silly:

I was hoping the same thing, lol. I have a giant batch of them that are about 2-4 inches (hmm, about the time I stopped chemical color). But they are so curly they have 50-75% shrinkage, haha.