PDA

View Full Version : My scalp likes T-gel

Cupofmilk
September 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I have had a huge ongoing shed and itchy head for a while. Initially it was a post partum shed and then itch and then I lost a pregnancy and the shed started again.
I tried T-gel after 3 washes my head was less itchy and the shedding was much less. Then I went back to SLS free tea-tree organic shampoo and it has all started again.
I only wash my scalp in T-gel and do a condition, wash then ACV rinse. Am I going to do my hair long term damage as I think I am going to need to use T-gel for the recommended 6 weeks twice a week and then down to the maintenance dose?

bumblebums
September 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I don't see why it should do your hair damage. I used it for a while at some point, and my hair and scalp liked it. I only stopped because I was dyeing my hair at the time, and tar shampoos are supposed to lift dye from your hair. In retrospect, I think my scalp problems were probably related to hair dye, but who knows.

Anyway, if it's working for you and you are using a conditioner, I don't see why you should stop.

Daniella123
September 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM
what is t-gel???

Cupofmilk
September 13th, 2010, 02:59 AM
T-gel is a tar based shampoo for those with scalp problems.

I think I will use it for the full 6 weeks and see where I get to then.

bumblebums
September 13th, 2010, 08:12 AM
If you're worried about using it too often, you could alternate with another shampoo and just use T-Gel every other time, or every third time. But I've used it as my main shampoo for months at a time and it worked fine.