PDA

View Full Version : Hip | Tailbone

Pages : [1] 2

Henrietta
September 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
We have "waist to hip" and "waist to TBL" threads but for those of us who are growing from waist to TBL it would be fun to jump to this thread from "waist to TBL" I think. I'd feel like a level up;)

It's weird feeling- to be a host of such thread with hair at BSL:D ;) I cannot wait until I'll be able to be here literally!

Antipodienne
September 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I hear ya. I'm just now beginning to brush hip, and I think the urge to trim might start getting difficult to ignore. My current plan is to reach tailbone and maintain there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to start thickening up my ends and trimming off damage from my years of hair sin.

Henrietta
September 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I hear ya. I'm just now beginning to brush hip, and I think the urge to trim might start getting difficult to ignore. My current plan is to reach tailbone and maintain there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to start thickening up my ends and trimming off damage from my years of hair sin.

Yaay! Hello there:)
I used to have such plan too, stop at TBL on my way to knee to thicken up the ends. Now I do regular small trims, as I couldn't get to TBL without the damage going miles and miles up on my length. We'll see...

littleflowerr
September 12th, 2010, 12:47 PM
One day, i'll be in here!! o.0 tailbone length is my ultimate goal!

Antipodienne
September 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Yaay! Hello there:)
I used to have such plan too, stop at TBL on my way to knee to thicken up the ends. Now I do regular small trims, as I couldn't get to TBL without the damage going miles and miles up on my length. We'll see...

My original goal was classic, but I'm kinda wondering if I should just stop at TB...I love the way it looks and for me, it might result in less damage over time in the way of catching it on things/sitting on it, etc.

Henrietta
September 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
My original goal was classic, but I'm kinda wondering if I should just stop at TB...I love the way it looks and for me, it might result in less damage over time in the way of catching it on things/sitting on it, etc.

I have the same issue to think over. Or I had. Today morning I officially changed my goal from knee to classic. I think it would be better and more positive to go to classic and possibly decide "Let's go to knee!" than, with a goal established at knee- go to classic and decide to stop. Reasons are the same- classic length IS long enough and easier to manage than knee.
You will see;) Stopping for thickening a hemline is a good idea anyway;)

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 05:40 AM
After 2 years this thread needs a bump. (Because I killed it, nothing new :D.)
So, a bump!
I'm still not at hip, personally, but I'm relatively close.

Kelikea
September 17th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I had just reached hip last year around Nov, I think, and then BCL in Jan., TBL came around June. I got a trim in July, so it was back to BCL. It is hovering between BCL and TBL at the moment.

It is still layered and has a V hem, so it doesn't always seem as long, sine the sides are a bit shorter and the length is not as heavy as it would be all-one-length. It is getting close to my all-time longest length, when I was dating HB and he kept telling me to cut it! I asked him about it this weekend, but he says, no don't cut it, its pretty. I think I know more about keeping it out of the way and the ends are healthier now than back then (think 8 years ago.) I didn't cut it back then for years at a time.

I'm thinking my goal may be classic...

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I had just reached hip last year around Nov, I think, and then BCL in Jan., TBL came around June. I got a trim in July, so it was back to BCL. It is hovering between BCL and TBL at the moment.

It is still layered and has a V hem, so it doesn't always seem as long, sine the sides are a bit shorter and the length is not as heavy as it would be all-one-length. It is getting close to my all-time longest length, when I was dating HB and he kept telling me to cut it! I asked him about it this weekend, but he says, no don't cut it, its pretty. I think I know more about keeping it out of the way and the ends are healthier now than back then (think 8 years ago.) I didn't cut it back then for years at a time.

I'm thinking my goal may be classic...

My goal is classic too.

We're both at 33.5 now, right? For me it's around hip. And you're at BCL. WOW!

Theobroma
September 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hi, Henrietta! We used to be in the BSL to Waist thread together!

I think I belong here now. I'm three centimetres from tailbone stretched, and comfortably below hip curly. I'm planning to maintain with microtrims for some time once I reach tailbone to try to thicken up my ends, so I'm likely to be sticking around for quite some time. Nice meeting everyone!

Alva
September 17th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I'm in too, being inbetween hip and BCL, but growing towards TB. I expect to reach that by next summer. I do have some urge to cut shorter again though, gotta resist that feeling!

catamonica
September 17th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I have about another inch to go before it hits tailbone. Just have to wait & see if it grows.

PinkyCat
September 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'm in! TB is my ultimate goal and I'm currently 4 inches away.
Thanks for sticking straight out so far, booty. :rolleyes:

melusine963
September 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm hoping to hit TBL within the next six months. When I do I'll probably join the microtrimming and maintaining club to thicken up the ends. It's been a long journey to get this far, and I definitely wouldn't have made if I hadn't discovered the LHC.

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi, Henrietta! We used to be in the BSL to Waist thread together!

I think I belong here now. I'm three centimetres from tailbone stretched, and comfortably below hip curly. I'm planning to maintain with microtrims for some time once I reach tailbone to try to thicken up my ends, so I'm likely to be sticking around for quite some time. Nice meeting everyone!

Oh, I remember that. Midback abyss was a nightmare in terms of waiting for waist, but the thread was (is!) like a room full of friends, tea, cookies... so I have nice memories.

Amygirl8
September 17th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I'm about two inches or so past hip.
I took this length shot today :]

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dbjjig.jpg

I washed my hair with honey the other day and my hair looks shinier than usual :]

MeowScat
September 17th, 2012, 09:22 PM
What is everyone's definition of TBL? I've heard two different answers for this.

First I heard it was around BCL since that's where a lot of people's tailbones end.

Then I heard it was considered mid-butt. (between BCL and Classic.)

Opinions? I'm so confused about this. My goal is mid-butt but should I say TBL instead?

theemeraldskull
September 17th, 2012, 09:31 PM
ditto to Meowscat, and I'm definitely joining in here. :-) My hair is currently about hip length, I believe, but I'm going to try and push past to "mid-butt", if my hair hasn't reached its terminal length. :-)

gthlvrmx
September 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
What is everyone's definition of TBL? I've heard two different answers for this.

First I heard it was around BCL since that's where a lot of people's tailbones end.

Then I heard it was considered mid-butt. (between BCL and Classic.)

Opinions? I'm so confused about this. My goal is mid-butt but should I say TBL instead?

TBL is the actual bone that you can feel and goes into the crack sometimes. mine does, mine ends about 2 inches past BCL. id rather just say BCL actually its easier and fancier.

Soulina
September 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I am litle bit past hip. 2" from BCL. I also plan to get TBL and maintain it there for a while. And then maybe I continue classic. I will probably newer stop growing my hair longer.

Theobroma
September 18th, 2012, 02:52 AM
TBL is the actual bone that you can feel and goes into the crack sometimes. mine does, mine ends about 2 inches past BCL. id rather just say BCL actually its easier and fancier.

Mine is pretty much exactly an inch past BCL.

For my part, I prefer saying TBL -- I don't think I'd use the term BCL anywhere except on LHC. I know some people IRL would find it a bit weird. ;)

MeowScat
September 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM

Same here, gthlvrmx! Haha!

I've wanted to say my goal of mid-butt is MBL but that's Mid Back Length.

Sorry for the TMI question, but where does everyone else's Tailbone end?

neko_kawaii
September 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
My tailbone is about an inch past BCL.

PinkyCat
September 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I can't find mine! I know I have one. :o

Thank God there isn't anyone else in this office right now....:p

Theobroma
September 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I can't find mine! I know I have one. :o

Thank God there isn't anyone else in this office right now....:p

Hee hee! :rollin:

UpNorth
September 18th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Finally! I'm not there yet, but now I can use the waist to hip one without worrying about which one to join later:)

HeartofHaleth
March 3rd, 2016, 02:43 PM
:magic: *revives thread*

Well, hello there everybody...:eyebrows:

Agnes Hannah
March 15th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hello back at ya! Bit quiet here.
HELLO PEOPLE!!
I'm almost TBL now just passed BCL.

morrigan*
March 15th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I will join you all in a few months again :bounce:

Groovy Granny
April 1st, 2016, 02:50 PM
Stopping by to say hello .....and declaring TBL as my new/final goal. :)

I am waist+ now after a cut of my last fringe layer (from hip) a few weeks ago, and should reach hip again by the end of June.

My landmarks are very close with my short torso....so I'll hang here for inspiration :popcorn:

Happy growing :cheer:

spirals
April 1st, 2016, 09:10 PM
Mine is pretty much exactly an inch past BCL.

For my part, I prefer saying TBL -- I don't think I'd use the term BCL anywhere except on LHC. I know some people IRL would find it a bit weird. ;)

I use it with friends and coworkers because it makes them giggle and I love to make people laugh.

I am at hip when it's straight. I guess I'll join.

Groovy Granny
April 1st, 2016, 09:44 PM
I use it with friends and coworkers because it makes them giggle and I love to make people laugh.

I am at hip when it's straight. I guess I'll join.

Yay ~ a growing partner :thumbsup:

Past hip I'd probably just say "to my butt"; not that anyone will even ask here....they could care less :p

spirals
April 1st, 2016, 11:52 PM
I'm irritated that it looks waist. :doh:

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
I'm irritated that it looks waist. :doh:

I hear you; yesterday my curls exploded in the humid air and my hemline shrank a couple inches ....and I can't wait to be back at hip again (hopefully @ June) :p
So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and it looks so very pretty with your curls :flowers:

LongCurlyTress
April 2nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
I hear you; yesterday my curls exploded in the humid air and my hemline shrank a couple inches ....and I can't wait to be back at hip again (hopefully @ June) :p
So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and is looks so very pretty with your curls :flowers:

:( I know how it is. I know how it is...shudder:

PS I love your siggy GG!! :cool: So...you sure about that permanent hair toy time out?? LOL!! :p

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
:( I know how it is. I know how it is...shudder:

PS I love your siggy GG!! :cool: So...you sure about that permanent hair toy time out?? LOL!! :p

Thanks! Yep I am sure.... I have been overly indulgent the past few months :o

At Easter I went to show my sister-in-law a ponytail holder form 'pinswithpersonality' and for a sec forgot where it was.
Yeah it was a senior moment and it was where I put it (just had fallen below some scrunchies), but for a minute I was 'alarmed' that I had no idea where it was.
Until now I have used and know every toy I have, and I do NOT ever want to go beyond that point! :tmi:

I have more than enough to mix and match with hairstyles and clothing as it is.
It became a hobby....and an inspiration to grow from chin; my smallest hair toys are still used as embellishments or half ups.

And there is storage ~ I have a small drawer for claws, combs, scrunchies, pins....all the basic stuff; and a wicker silverware basket for all my good hair toys.

Yesterday I put all my ficcares and clips in a small wicker basket that they can stand in, and all my blingy jeweled barrettes and claws are in a clear glass jar with a lid.

That's as far as I wish to spread my storage out to.....oh, and 2 birch bark headbands from Russia that I will also display in a carved birch bark butterfly napkin holder stand.
Their barrettes and crafts are gorgeous :crush:

Yup....done; I even just bought the big 33oz bottles of our shampoos and conditioners to save on those.

Now to grow .....and style..... and enjoy ALL my pretty hair toys :wannabe:

*Pretty avatar LCT :)

spirals
April 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and it looks so very pretty with your curls :flowers:

Awww. My fairytale ends (artificially created by old damage and layers) look better with my natural texture, but I usually wear it brushed out, since I don't wash every day, and it's only curly on wash day. I am really struggling with how thin it looks at the last two inches. They are kind of transparent. I'm debating whether I should just wear it up until tailbone and then trim to hip or to cut off 2" now. If I cut it now buns will be hard again. I suppose if I wear it down I could make the effort to use curl refresher that day. Another option is to wet set it until tailbone, but I'm often too busy for that. Well, I could make time. :hmm: Should I post a pic of my brushed-out waves vs my curly fairytales?

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
Awww. My fairytale ends (artificially created by old damage and layers) look better with my natural texture, but I usually wear it brushed out, since I don't wash every day, and it's only curly on wash day. I am really struggling with how thin it looks at the last two inches. They are kind of transparent. I'm debating whether I should just wear it up until tailbone and then trim to hip or to cut off 2" now. If I cut it now buns will be hard again. I suppose if I wear it down I could make the effort to use curl refresher that day. Another option is to wet set it until tailbone, but I'm often too busy for that. Well, I could make time. :hmm: Should I post a pic of my brushed-out waves vs my curly fairytales?

Sure :)

Your avatar is gorgeous!

spirals
April 2nd, 2016, 06:41 PM
OK probably this weekend. And thank you. That pic is from maybe 1.5, 2 years ago, but that's pretty representative of summer curls.

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 07:50 PM
OK probably this weekend. And thank you. That pic is from maybe 1.5, 2 years ago, but that's pretty representative of summer curls.

:thumbsup: :popcorn:

Ellethwyn
April 2nd, 2016, 11:35 PM
Stopping by to say hello .....and declaring TBL as my new/final goal. :)

I am waist+ now after a cut of my last fringe layer (from hip) a few weeks ago, and should reach hip again by the end of June (my landmarks are very close with my short torso).

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/32016_zpsepvjttrk.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

*My profile pic is a more accurate color

Ooo! I'm excited to see your hair at TBL! :cheese:

Ellethwyn
April 2nd, 2016, 11:36 PM
TBL has been my goal length for a few years now, but now that i am almost there (just an inch away, woo-hoo!), I now want to grow to classic and possibly mid thigh, definitely classic though. It feels like it's taking f o r e v e r to reach TBL! Grr... ;)

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 11:39 PM
Ooo! I'm excited to see your hair at TBL! :cheese:
Thank you :flowers:

I'm excited too lol...it will be next year sometime I bet :p

TBL has been my goal length for a few years now, but now that i am almost there (just an inch away, woo-hoo!), I now want to grow to classic and possibly mid thigh, definitely classic though. It feels like it's taking f o r e v e r to reach TBL! Grr... ;)

Wow...just an inch away; grow girl...grow :cheer:

spirals
April 3rd, 2016, 11:57 AM
Sorry for the weird angle and dark lighting, but I am having a hard time taking pics on a short timer: http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/IMG_20160403_125131%20-%20Edited.jpg I washed it this morning. I'm chunky and shaped weird, so it's hard to tell, but I think I'm at waist curly. I stretched it in a discarded pic and I don't think I'm quite hip yet.

I'll brush it out later and come back and edit this post to put a pic in.

Update: http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/IMG_20160404_191535%20-%20Edited.jpg

OK, it's really, really frizzy. I took it out of the L-infinity and brushed it with my BBB/nylon hybrid brush to get it to behave. It's still not behaving. But you can see my somewhat thin ends. That gets worse the further I get from a wash (I washed yesterday morning). For reference, here is a pic from about a year ago where I had a more solid hemline:
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/14073932121974.jpg

Groovy Granny
April 3rd, 2016, 12:06 PM
Sorry for the weird angle and dark lighting, but I am having a hard time taking pics on a short timer: I washed it this morning. I'm chunky and shaped weird, so it's hard to tell, but I think I'm at waist curly. I stretched it in a discarded pic and I don't think I'm quite hip yet.

Very pretty :)

spirals
April 3rd, 2016, 12:42 PM
Thank you. :blossom: Do you think the fairytales warrant a trim? Or should I just live with them? I don't know how much it matters, as summer is coming and I'll probably braid or bun it a lot. I just want it long enough to cover my back fat. :eek:

Amenahh
April 3rd, 2016, 12:55 PM
Thank you. :blossom: Do you think the fairytales warrant a trim? Or should I just live with them? I don't know how much it matters, as summer is coming and I'll probably braid or bun it a lot. I just want it long enough to cover my back fat. :eek:

I love those fairytales :)

Groovy Granny
April 3rd, 2016, 01:36 PM

They look beautiful :thumbsup:

ROFLOL....I wanted more length for the same reason; no help in hot weather with buns though :p
And now I am losing weight, so I just get to enjoy long hair (well ....and health) :wink:

Ingrid
April 3rd, 2016, 04:55 PM
I'm slowly progressing closer to TBL. I've passed Hip a long time ago but since I'm micro-trimming every month it's taking longer to get to TBL. Plus the damaged ends keep on breaking off! Yikes!

XiaoBaiTu
April 3rd, 2016, 07:39 PM
I think I belong here! My hair is really curly so it looks like it's BSL, but stretched out I'm at hip. I'd say my ultimate hair goal is for it to be at about TBL unstretched, which with my hair type and height would be knee length stretched. I have no idea what my terminal length is, but I can dream!

I have a bit of an advantage being short. Hip and TBL are only 4 inches difference, and I typically gain 5 or more inches in a year.

spirals
April 3rd, 2016, 09:05 PM
It is harder when you're 3b because of the shrinkage. Maybe with length your curls will relax a bit and you'll only have to go to classic stretched to hit tailbone curly.

XiaoBaiTu
April 3rd, 2016, 09:49 PM
Definitely true. My hair actually is a bit more relaxed at the top, it's just wavy and doesn't start into ringlets until about the top of my ears. Though I love my tight curls, I admit I'm hoping that they will relax a bit as my hair gets longer. We'll see! Either way I at least will know my length and feel proud of it. :)

LongCurlyTress
April 4th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks! Yep I am sure.... I have been overly indulgent the past few months

I have more than enough to mix and match with hairstyles and clothing as it is.
It became a hobby....and an inspiration to grow from chin; my smallest hair toys are still used as embellishments or half ups.

And there is storage ~ I have a small drawer for claws, combs, scrunchies, pins....all the basic stuff; and a wicker silverware basket for all my good hair toys.

Yesterday I put all my ficcares and clips in a small wicker basket that they can stand in, and all my blingy jeweled barrettes and claws are in a clear glass jar with a lid.

That's as far as I wish to spread my storage out to.....oh, and 2 birch bark headbands from Russia that I will also display in a carved birch bark butterfly napkin holder stand.
Their barrettes and crafts are gorgeous

Yup....done; I even just bought the big 33oz bottles of our shampoos and conditioners to save on those.

Now to grow .....and style..... and enjoy ALL my pretty hair toys

*Pretty avatar LCT

Thank you GG!! That is so funny that you forgot where you put your hairtoys! That happens to me with lipstick etc too! Ugh If I don't write something down... So I guess this must be your innervoice telling you that you have enough hairtoys!! ;) I just need a two prong Crockett mountain 4 inch fpl hairfork.. but I don't need it... just want it for damp buns....lol ;)

Awww. My fairytale ends (artificially created by old damage and layers) look better with my natural texture, but I usually wear it brushed out, since I don't wash every day, and it's only curly on wash day. I am really struggling with how thin it looks at the last two inches. They are kind of transparent. I'm debating whether I should just wear it up until tailbone and then trim to hip or to cut off 2" now. If I cut it now buns will be hard again. I suppose if I wear it down I could make the effort to use curl refresher that day. Another option is to wet set it until tailbone, but I'm often too busy for that. Well, I could make time. Should I post a pic of my brushed-out waves vs my curly fairytales?
I have the same dilemma being a 3b curly girl too and my last 3-4 inches are thinner from layers still growing out. I decided to just maintain at 35 inches for several months until those dumb layers grow out... but only about an inch every two months. No chopping off big sections of layers for me... ;)

Ooo! I'm excited to see your hair at TBL!

I know! GG's silver highlights are so gorgeous!! At TBL... well let's just say I can't wait!! :magic:

TBL has been my goal length for a few years now, but now that i am almost there (just an inch away, woo-hoo!), I now want to grow to classic and possibly mid thigh, definitely classic though. It feels like it's taking f o r e v e r to reach TBL! Grr...

I know exaxctly what you are saying. I was measuring at 36 inches with a few hairs in the center of my hemline reaching legitimately TBL!! But then I decided to take off an inch and a half mid March, so now I am back to 35 inches, but now my hemline is more even. I know how you feel about it taking forever to reach TBL!! This is the second time I have trimmed off the point of my Vish hemline after some hairs had reached TBL... ugh... :beerchug::horse:

Sorry for the weird angle and dark lighting, but I am having a hard time taking pics on a short timer: http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/IMG_20160403_125131%20-%20Edited.jpg I washed it this morning. I'm chunky and shaped weird, so it's hard to tell, but I think I'm at waist curly. I stretched it in a discarded pic and I don't think I'm quite hip yet.

I know exactly how that is... I am 3b also and my curls shrink up my length so much. :knuckle: Your hair is so pretty!!

Thank you. Do you think the fairytales warrant a trim? Or should I just live with them? I don't know how much it matters, as summer is coming and I'll probably braid or bun it a lot. I just want it long enough to cover my back fat. Yep! You sound just like me!! LOL! :(

It is harder when you're 3b because of the shrinkage. Maybe with length your curls will relax a bit and you'll only have to go to classic stretched to hit tailbone curly.

Exactly!! :knuckle:

spirals
April 4th, 2016, 06:13 PM
LCT, thank you. Currently trying to take a pic of my bun waves. Will put it in my other pic post if I can get it to show up (so dark in here).

Edited to add: just posted the wavy pic in post #44.

Groovy Granny
April 4th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you GG!! That is so funny that you forgot where you put your hairtoys! That happens to me with lipstick etc too! Ugh If I don't write something down... So I guess this must be your innervoice telling you that you have enough hairtoys!! ;) I just need a two prong Crockett mountain 4 inch fpl hairfork.. but I don't need it... just want it for damp buns....lol ;)

I know! GG's silver highlights are so gorgeous!! At TBL... well let's just say I can't wait!! :magic:
:

Thank you LCT :o
I can't wait either lol;the silver is coming in good now...and I really can't picture my hair at TBL :thumbsup:

Yup I listen to that 'inner voice'.....and the other aspect is to rotate my toys so they all get use through the year. :wink:

spirals
April 4th, 2016, 06:30 PM
XiaoBaiTu, are you willing to post a pic? I'd love to see your 3b curls. I only have one 3b strand on my whole head in the summer humidity and it's underneath where you can't see it.

LongCurlyTress
April 5th, 2016, 08:01 AM
LCT, thank you. Currently trying to take a pic of my bun waves. Will put it in my other pic post if I can get it to show up (so dark in here).

Edited to add: just posted the wavy pic in post #44.

Thank you for posting your pics in #44... MY suggestion to you, or rather what I do to calm down the frizziness is to only use thick conditioner for detangling (with cones) and a wide tooth comb --in the shower, rinse most or all? of it out, then put into a towel. Don't rub the towel, just squeeze the water out. Then, with a dime size amount of evoo on the ends only and length from ears to tips, spread with palms. Use a wide tooth comb to gently finish detangling with the drop of evoo and then let my hair dry in a lwb. This calms down the frizz... I take down my bun a few times throughout the day to use my Tangle Teezer on the ends gently, and then rewrap into an lwb. Two small claw clips, one on either side seem to hold my bun securely while it dries. This is what I do. Sometimes I do dry it with hot air!! but just mostly on my scalp in the winter since I hate cold wet hair on my scalp when it is cold. When it is hot outside, it dries naturally in the bun and actually keeps me cool in the summer. ;) I have not found any leave ins that work for me without making my hair feel glued together, even coconut oil makes my ends feel that way and increases breaking during the next shower detangling since it hardens and glues my ends together.... although if I leave my hair down, for a fancy occasion, I use C Oil to hold my curls in place. frizz still happens, but, hey, that is part of being a curly girl!! ;) If you try my system, please share your results. ;) I would not cut your ends just yet unless they are split or damaged. Looks like evoo will help give them the moisture they need. ;) I would protect your ends like I am doing until I can cut them off, but please don't let them know I am going to do this... lol...:bigeyes:

Thank you LCT :o
I can't wait either lol;the silver is coming in good now...and I really can't picture my hair at TBL :thumbsup:

Yup I listen to that 'inner voice'.....and the other aspect is to rotate my toys so they all get use through the year. :wink:

Well that is a great idea to rotate your hairtoys so none of your hairtoys feel "left out". LOL!! :p

Groovy Granny
April 5th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Thank you for posting your pics in #44... MY suggestion to you, or rather what I do to calm down the frizziness is to only use thick conditioner for detangling (with cones) in the shower, rinse most or all? of it out, then put into a towel. Don't rub the towel, just squeeze the water out. Then, with a dime size amount of evoo on the ends only and length from ears to tips, spread with palms. Use a wide tooth comb to gently finish detangling with the drop of evoo and then let my hair dry in a lwb. This calms down the frizz... I take down my bun a few times throughout the day to use my Tangle Teezer on the ends gently, and then rewrap into an lwb. Two small claw clips, one on either side seem to hold my bun securely while it dries. This is what I do. Sometimes I do dry it with hot air!! but just mostly on my scalp in the winter since I hate cold wet hair on my scalp when it is cold. When it is hot outside, it dries naturally in the bun and actually keeps me cool in the summer. ;) I have not found any leave ins that work for me without making my hair feel glued together, even coconut oil makes my ends feel that way and increases breaking during the next shower detangling since it hardens and glues my ends together.... although if I leave my hair down, for a fancy occasion, I use C Oil to hold my curls in place. frizz still happens, but, hey, that is part of being a curly girl!! ;

Well that is a great idea to rotate your hairtoys so none of your hairtoys feel "left out". LOL!! :p

It's more of my frugal spirit feeling GUILT if I don't use them ALL....and why I gave away an unused fork on the 'pay it forward thread' :o lol

I'll have to try damp bunning this Summer :hmm:

I already do those things you mentioned, but usually stick my hair in a banana clip and let my curls explode as they dry :wink:

That would make a change....and be interesting to see the waves that develop. :thumbsup:
My hair is up in the heat all Summer so even if I don't care for the bun waves, it will be more manageable I bet for bunning.
Thanks LCT :)

spirals
April 5th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Plus the damaged ends keep on breaking off! Yikes!I've been there for years, ugh. My ends were colored twice. Even non-ammonia dye is bad. I find that double conditioning helps somewhat. And leaving a bit in.

XiaoBaiTu
April 5th, 2016, 04:39 PM
XiaoBaiTu, are you willing to post a pic? I'd love to see your 3b curls. I only have one 3b strand on my whole head in the summer humidity and it's underneath where you can't see it.

I'd be happy to! I just hit 25 posts and can finally add pictures, yay!

This is a length shot I took just last week, I don't have any at the moment of my hair stretched so you can see the length.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22345&d=1459895872

And one from the front:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22344&d=1459895872

spirals
April 5th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Oooooh, super-pretty!!

Ingrid
April 5th, 2016, 06:36 PM
I've been there for years, ugh. My ends were colored twice. Even non-ammonia dye is bad. I find that double conditioning helps somewhat. And leaving a bit in.

I stopped colouring my hair 3 years and 5 months ago and the damage is still so bad. It really does get worse with time. I've tried everything, conditioners, gelatin, cassia, coconut oil. At the end of the day I just have to keep trimming! Sigh. Glad that there's someone who understands! :)

Groovy Granny
April 5th, 2016, 07:06 PM

This is a length shot I took just last week, I don't have any at the moment of my hair stretched so you can see the length.

Beautiful curls and color :)

spirals
April 5th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Thank you for posting your pics in #44... MY suggestion to you, or rather what I do to calm down the frizziness is to only use thick conditioner for detangling (with cones) and a wide tooth comb --in the shower, rinse most or all? of it out, then put into a towel. Don't rub the towel, just squeeze the water out. Then, with a dime size amount of evoo on the ends only and length from ears to tips, spread with palms.
Thank you; this is pretty much what I do (except coconut oil on ends, if I do it). The result is the first, curly pic. I forgot to mention the frizz in the second pic is from using a BBB, the ultimate curly sin. :laugh: But it feels so goooood! If I brush it out like that it goes in an updo because even though I oil it, it still looks like cotton candy. I only wear it down if I've set it in curlers or it's wash day and air drying. I'm sure there are many people who see me every week and don't know I'm a curly. I'm a closet curly.

XiaoBaiTu
April 6th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Oooooh, super-pretty!!

Beautiful curls and color :)

Thank you both! Nothing like hair compliments to encourage me to keep growing. :)

XiaoBaiTu
April 6th, 2016, 01:19 PM
If I brush it out like that it goes in an updo because even though I oil it, it still looks like cotton candy.

That description is perfect, like cotton candy! I know what you mean, I love the way a brush feels on my scalp but my hair hates it!

lapushka
April 6th, 2016, 01:29 PM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22345&d=1459895872

And one from the front:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22344&d=1459895872

You have such pretty curls! :D

spirals
April 6th, 2016, 02:24 PM
She has my dream curls. My cousin has curls like that and STRAIGHTENS IT. :justy:

XiaoBaiTu
April 6th, 2016, 03:44 PM
She has my dream curls. My cousin has curls like that and STRAIGHTENS IT. :justy:

I have an aunt who naturally has curls like mine, but she has been perming hers straight for years. I know straight hair is easier to deal with (my sister has straight hair, so talking from experience, not assumption) but I personally think that curls are worth all the extra effort, and I wouldn't trade them.

Lapushka, thank you!

Groovy Granny
April 7th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Well....I have changed my mind :o

While measuring for TBL, I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt, TBL hair will be 'in the way' :wink:
I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out ofthe way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP....so I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

That will be best for 'me'....but I wish you Happy Growing :cheer:

Ellethwyn
April 11th, 2016, 11:18 AM
hehe I like the first picture, because from that angle it looks like my hair is pretty much at tailbone length, but in the next pic you can see that one side is longer than the other, which is always the case, since one side grows faster.

I want to cut my scraggly ends off so bad, but I think i'd have to take a lot off to achieve a thicker hemline. I'm holding off cutting till my hair reaches about 3-4 inches past tbl, then I'll cut it back to thicken up my ends. I hate having fine hair.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/C-T-F_2006/IMG_5202_zpskd9l2hpz.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/C-T-F_2006/IMG_5201_zpsum9bmlak.jpg

MsBubbles
April 11th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Ellethwyn! I'd recognize 1a/F/ii hair anywhere. I agree, I hate having fine hair too but yours looks SO pretty! I know you think they're scraggly, but I don't think your ends look like that at all.

Ellethwyn
April 11th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Aw! Thank you, MsBubbles! :o That is really good to hear. Sometimes I worry that my hair is too fine and think, "why do i even bother growing it?!"

MsBubbles
April 11th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I have definitely had that thought over the years. But you made it to hip! It's a fine line. I get to hip but much beyond that I'm always trimming because the ends just don't hold together and it all flies around all over the place unless I have it contained somehow. I think I made it to TBL once. I might try again if I could get the ends thicker.

Ellethwyn
April 11th, 2016, 12:48 PM
I have definitely had that thought over the years. But you made it to hip! It's a fine line. I get to hip but much beyond that I'm always trimming because the ends just don't hold together and it all flies around all over the place unless I have it contained somehow. I think I made it to TBL once. I might try again if I could get the ends thicker.

LOL at it flying around all over. It is frustrating and i love wearing my hair down, since all my braids and buns are puny. I fear I will not make a good head of classic length hair (that's my goal length). I will try it though! You are at hip right now?

fiðrildi
April 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Ellethwyn, wow :thud:.
I would call that BCL!

MsBubbles
April 11th, 2016, 03:18 PM
LOL at it flying around all over. It is frustrating and i love wearing my hair down, since all my braids and buns are puny. I fear I will not make a good head of classic length hair (that's my goal length). I will try it though! You are at hip right now?

I am almost back at hip again after cutting back to waist for the past 2 years for lack of knowing what else to do with it! I have puny braids too, but believe it or not, some people actually like those. I think I do some version of a celtic knot bun, which I can kind of pull and spread out a bit before putting the stick or fork in, and it makes it look a bit bigger.

I think your hair will look beautiful at classic!

Magalo
April 11th, 2016, 03:28 PM
hehe I like the first picture, because from that angle it looks like my hair is pretty much at tailbone length, but in the next pic you can see that one side is longer than the other, which is always the case, since one side grows faster.

I want to cut my scraggly ends off so bad, but I think i'd have to take a lot off to achieve a thicker hemline. I'm holding off cutting till my hair reaches about 3-4 inches past tbl, then I'll cut it back to thicken up my ends. I hate having fine hair.

Beautiful! You are like my blonde hair twin. :) Mine is the exact same length (very close to BCL), 1a ii and mostly fine. :)

lapushka
April 11th, 2016, 03:48 PM

It does look like the hair on the left is longer than on the right, but if you look closely you'll see that the longer pieces come from the middle of your head, so next time "fluff" your hair out at the root before taking a picture and those long pieces might actually fall right in the middle (where they originate from if you follow them up to your root area). ;) :)

Ellethwyn
April 11th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Thank you, fiðrildi, MsBubbles, & Magalo my brunette hair twin! :):):)

You're right, lapushka. My old hairdresser was the one to point out that one side of my hair grows faster than the other, so I assumed that was what was going on in the pic ;)

Frankenstein
April 11th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Ellethwyn your hair is so pretty, I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. Mine also grows slower on the same side as yours so I understand that annoyance :lol:

Ellethwyn
April 12th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks, Frankenstein!:)

MsBubbles
April 13th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Well after all this, and seeing the photos here, I think maybe I have decided to let it grow to TBL. It has been years since I took a nice length pic with my hair in its natural state (completely straight). Most of the time I have faint bun or braid kinks in it.

Periodically I decide I'm just going to get a ton of front layers/bangs/bleach it all light blonde/use rollers and a hair dryer because I get so bored with it being so limited (either a bun, braid or flying around out of control). Plus it's just not flattering to my face at all to have it all scraped back. So I'm not sure if I can do this. Anybody here have something interesting going on around their face, like bangs or face framing layers? I hesitate to get short bangs but whoo boy I do need something to soften up the updo look, if I'm going to try to go for TBL without a ratty hemline. I will need to wear it up a lot more.

spirals
April 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Anybody here have something interesting going on around their face, like bangs or face framing layers?
I have a cut that's graduated from chin down to a shallow U in the back.

I have rollers and a hood dryer attachment I don't use because it's annoying. If you can swing it, a Caruso setter is easier. It's gentle and the rollers only need about 10 mins to set. I put small curls in the front and then brush it out into a wave that looks nice with a bun. I will say it's expensive and if it weren't for anje's generosity, I wouldn't have one.

Sometimes I sleep in pin curls, wave clips, or sponge curlers. I know those bother a lot of people, but I've gotten used to them and they tend to put me into "this is bedtime" mode, which is good because I have trouble making myself go to bed. Other than that I learned about hair pin waves from a youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fnlLBfX2lU I haven't tried them yet but I do have the pins. Got them at Sally.

MsBubbles
April 14th, 2016, 05:37 AM
Thanks Spirals.

I have zero curl or body but if there's hardly any humidity on a particular day, I can get a bit of swing in my hair for about an hour.

I have to wash my scalp, or at least my bangs after sleeping (greasy scalp/flat hair probs). I may try something like the pin curls though to see if keeping it away from my scalp might provide a solution.

spirals
April 14th, 2016, 11:46 AM
In that case I'd say use sponge rollers on the front hair because those will lift the hair even further off the scalp. I like to pull out the hard plastic parts and put each sponge into a knee-high stocking. You just tie the ends once like a rag curler.

kendraf
April 14th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Try the big velcro rollers for volume at the roots

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EmQMSyhK_3M/Tpy6B7iSRmI/AAAAAAAAAFI/ofw1y7NYbxE/s1600/full_Victoria_Secret_backst1_medium.jpg

MsBubbles
April 14th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I have a ton of velcro rollers! I think I have lost the knack though, on how to use them. I used to fry my hair in them with the hot setting on the blow dryer.

Anyway, I checked my length this AM and am just about at hip again. I need to take a new length pic.

Ellethwyn
April 14th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Well after all this, and seeing the photos here, I think maybe I have decided to let it grow to TBL. It has been years since I took a nice length pic with my hair in its natural state (completely straight). Most of the time I have faint bun or braid kinks in it.

Periodically I decide I'm just going to get a ton of front layers/bangs/bleach it all light blonde/use rollers and a hair dryer because I get so bored with it being so limited (either a bun, braid or flying around out of control). Plus it's just not flattering to my face at all to have it all scraped back. So I'm not sure if I can do this. Anybody here have something interesting going on around their face, like bangs or face framing layers? I hesitate to get short bangs but whoo boy I do need something to soften up the updo look, if I'm going to try to go for TBL without a ratty hemline. I will need to wear it up a lot more.

I feel ya! I'm totally in the same boat, having my hair all back is not flattering to my face at all, unfortunately! I've been thinking about cutting some long bangs, like ones that would be just past my chin, to help soften my face when my hair is back. When I grew out my bangs a few years ago, my hair was at BSL and it looked cute, but i'm afraid now that my hair is at hip that it might look weird to have chin length bangs, especially since i don't want actual layers.

spirals
April 14th, 2016, 05:58 PM
My chin-length layers are driving me nuts, to be honest. They fall out of buns. I cut them for interest, but I'm growing them out and will continue to do stuff like finger waves. Victory rolls are going to get difficult, though. I suppose I could do faux rolls.

Mirabele
April 15th, 2016, 06:01 AM

your hair is very beautiful. i have fine hair too. you are an inspiration. fine hair is really fragile and prone to damage. thanks for sharing these photos. it is really good to see that fine hair can be THAT long.

Ellethwyn
April 22nd, 2016, 09:45 PM
your hair is very beautiful. i have fine hair too. you are an inspiration. fine hair is really fragile and prone to damage. thanks for sharing these photos. it is really good to see that fine hair can be THAT long.

Thank you, Mirabele! I'm so happy i inspired you! I know the feeling... I've tried searching online many times, "long fine hair" for inspiration!

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 09:55 PM
Well....I have changed my mind :o

While measuring for TBL, I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt, TBL hair will be 'in the way' :wink:
I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out ofthe way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP....so I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

That will be best for 'me'....but I wish you Happy Growing :cheer:

Welllll....I changed my mind again (ahem.....for the last time??? lol) :o

I am hovering near Hip, and have decided to possibly go for TBL in celebration of my 65th birthday in January.

My landmarks are very close (very short torso) so I should hit it between January and March.

No trims are planned until January 2017 when I will determine my final goal length.

XiaoBaiTu
May 3rd, 2016, 08:57 PM
Okay, so I know my head it tilted back slightly in this picture, but my hair has grown and I'm so excited!! Not a new milestone or anything, but I noticed progress and wanted to share. :)

It's funny how when I'm looking to see if my hair has grown, it actually grows pretty fast. I can tell the difference month to month.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22858&d=1462330597

(Reason for edit: Fixing picture)

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2016, 09:01 PM
Okay, so I know my head it tilted back slightly in this picture, but my hair has grown and I'm so excited!! Not a new milestone or anything, but I noticed progress and wanted to share. :)

It's funny how when I'm looking to see if my hair has grown, it actually grows pretty fast. I can tell the difference month to month.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22858&d=1462330597

(Reason for edit: Fixing picture)
What gorgeous curls!
Are they past Hip when stretched?

XiaoBaiTu
May 3rd, 2016, 09:03 PM
What gorgeous curls!
Are they past Hip when stretched?

Thank you! They are slightly past hip when stretched now. I had a haircut that I regret in about December, before that it was past TBL stretched. Looking forward to being there again. :)

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2016, 09:11 PM
Thank you! They are slightly past hip when stretched now. I had a haircut that I regret in about December, before that it was past TBL stretched. Looking forward to being there again. :)

Oh no....well at least you have a gorgeous , healthy hemline now!
I count my milestones stretched too....as I think all your curly girls should; the journey is so long for you reaching it dry :wink:

spirals
May 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
I'm hovering about 1/4" or 1/2" above hip when stretched, since I trimmed it recently. Wearing updos now that it's May and generally kind of warm out, though it's cold and windy today. An updo was a good idea.

Groovy Granny
May 4th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Yeah it has been cold, wet, and windy here too, so I am still in headband/half up/ponytail mode lol

The Summer heat and humidity will be here to stay soon enough, and I will be getting good use of all my pretty/custom hair toys in adorning my updos daily.
For now I am loving the feel of my length :eyebrows:

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 09:19 AM
After a long chat with Hubby and hovering around Hip for a 2nd time, I have made the final decision to not pursue TBL.

I am very happy with Hip and feel TBL is just too long to manage for my type and age.

So...I thank you all for your advice and support ~ you are an inspiration :flowers:

Meggypoo
February 15th, 2019, 07:16 PM
:magic: Wake up Hip to Tailbone thread! :magic:

Happy 2019~ Just hit hip and I need a home :grouphug:

https://i.imgur.com/mqnQAQ5.jpg

shaiyeh
February 15th, 2019, 11:36 PM
I'll join in! I hit hip in December, so I'll be around here for a bit ^^
I don't seem to have a picture from december though, (neither from january or february... oops. Been a busy couple months!) so here's one from november :)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7810/47057473342_8e5c6fb5e0_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2eGiRnh)november 18 (https://flic.kr/p/2eGiRnh) by shai b (https://www.flickr.com/photos/152485193@N04/), on Flickr

shaiyeh
February 15th, 2019, 11:38 PM
(ooops, sorry that's one huge pictue, forgot to check size settings and I can't seem to be able to edit? >-< sorry D: )

Meggypoo
February 16th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Your ends look so thick and healthy, shaiyeh!

Ylva
February 16th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Corgeous hair, shaiyeh! :thud:

I was wondering if there was a thread like this. I felt like making one myself, but I didn't think it would survive as the 'waist to tailbone' thread is so popular. I also like the feeling of leveling up and graduating to the next thread, even though I am not too active in the growth threads. I still read them whenever there are updates. Also, hip to TBL (or even BCL) is a ridiculously long journey on my body as I am high hipped (and low waisted, so waist to hip is next to nothing, boring!). I am so happy my hairdresser actually didn't chop my hair all the way to the start of hip even though I requested that, because it would just take tooooo long. :D I chopped at New Year and ended up around halfway between hip and BCL. Now I seem to be a couple of months' growth away from BCL.

Meggypoo
February 16th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the butt thread, Ylva! Rather, the “grow longer than your butt” thread :toast: I’m glad your hairdresser didn’t chop too much - I stopped going years ago because I always felt like when I asked for an inch they’d do three.

Ylva
February 16th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the butt thread, Ylva! Rather, the “grow longer than your butt” thread :toast: I’m glad your hairdresser didn’t chop too much - I stopped going years ago because I always felt like when I asked for an inch they’d do three.

Thank you, Meggypoo! I've been in the other thread for a while, actually my hair was hip length for an eternity - many years before I even joined the LHC. Then I grew to TBL, but chopped halfway between hip and BCL to get rid of super thin, damaged ends. I hear about hairdressers cutting off way too much very often, so I was really surprised to have the opposite experience. When I went in for a microtrim, I requested that she take off 1 cm, but she took even less that time as well. That's why I'll reach BCL sooner than expected now. :shrug:

I will, however, stall myself at TBL to get rid of more damage before continuing onwards to classic. :)

ETA: Oh, and congratulations for hitting HL! Just saw your post about that. Your hair is beautiful!

KlutzyChy1
February 16th, 2019, 09:28 AM
I don't seem to have a picture from december though, (neither from january or february... oops. Been a busy couple months!) so here's one from november :)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7810/47057473342_8e5c6fb5e0_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2eGiRnh)november 18 (https://flic.kr/p/2eGiRnh) by shai b (https://www.flickr.com/photos/152485193@N04/), on Flickr

WOW. Soooo pretty. 😍

Groovy Granny
February 16th, 2019, 10:08 AM
After a long chat with Hubby and hovering around Hip for a 2nd time, I have made the final decision to not pursue TBL.

I am very happy with Hip and feel TBL is just too long to manage for my type and age.

So...I thank you all for your advice and support ~ you are an inspiration :flowers:

I completely forgot about this thread :doh:

My last post was 2 years ago :p and of course I changed my mind a few times since then :eyebrows:

I ended up getting to TBL twice....each time cutting back to HIP....but I am headed back to TBL again (just brushing BCL).

Most likely I will keep it between these 2 landmarks; I dust monthly and do hemline maintenance quarterly, so my length will be fluctuating.

You all look great ~ happy growing :cheer:

Dark40
February 16th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Wow, very pretty! And, your ends look very healthy! :)

Dark40
February 16th, 2019, 12:17 PM
I'm just lurking around, and I'll soon be joining this thread. I'm about 3 inches of growth from HL.

Meggypoo
February 16th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Ooh can’t wait to have you dark40 I’ll probably still be here when you reach hip! I found waist to hip went very fast - felt faster than BSL to waist tho I was still fixing my routine!

So, any big noticeable milestones at hip length for anyone? Personally, I felt as though at hip length I could finally start doing the Big Impressive Long Hair Buns we see so often here, instead of my usual cinnibun. I also can no longer do messy buns, which honestly is good because I think the elastics were the biggest cause of damage to my hair. I think vowing to never use elastics (at least near my scalp) is the single biggest reason I have finally been able to happily grow past BSL. So if anybody is here lurking like I used to... hint hint :wink:

shaiyeh
February 17th, 2019, 03:02 AM
ooh milestones :) I've been able to make better and prettier bun too, although I havent really tried out a lot of different ones - I'll have to experiment with that! I mostly just twist and wrap my hair and plop a stick in it ^^' But! I can finally make twin buns that have some sort of both shape and size :) I needed hair donuts for that before, but yesterday I made braided ones and they came out perfect :) Ofc I didn't take a picture, but I think it's a hairstyle I'll be wearing a lot... cute!
I don't use elastics either, sometimes I use those tiny rubber bands for the veryyyy ends of my hair (in a braid), because I know I'll be trimming it at some point, or I use a scrunchie, but I haven't worn them near my scalp either since joining lhc when I found out it's a bad thing, haha.

But yeah back to buns, I've been wanting to try the nautilus bun, and also the magnificent braided buns I've seen in the bun thread... maybe with a paranda? :3
Also, thanks everyone for your kind words about my hair ^___^

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Ooh can’t wait to have you dark40 I’ll probably still be here when you reach hip! I found waist to hip went very fast - felt faster than BSL to waist tho I was still fixing my routine!

So, any big noticeable milestones at hip length for anyone? Personally, I felt as though at hip length I could finally start doing the Big Impressive Long Hair Buns we see so often here, instead of my usual cinnibun. I also can no longer do messy buns, which honestly is good because I think the elastics were the biggest cause of damage to my hair. I think vowing to never use elastics (at least near my scalp) is the single biggest reason I have finally been able to happily grow past BSL. So if anybody is here lurking like I used to... hint hint :wink:

Ooohweee! I also can't wait to join you too, Meggypoo Oh yeah, I'm expecting to reach hip by hopefully this summer or fall. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about feeling waist to hip going very fast - feels a lot faster than BSL to waist! That is so very true for me too. It seemed like my hair kept on stalling between MBL to WL.

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:09 PM
I completely forgot about this thread :doh:

My last post was 2 years ago :p and of course I changed my mind a few times since then :eyebrows:

I ended up getting to TBL twice....each time cutting back to HIP....but I am headed back to TBL again (just brushing BCL).

Most likely I will keep it between these 2 landmarks; I dust monthly and do hemline maintenance quarterly, so my length will be fluctuating.

You all look great ~ happy growing :cheer:

Hey and welcome back Groovy Granny! Congratulations on making it to Hip Length and perheps onto TBL! And then also brushing BCL! You are so blessed to be at those lengths now! I can't wait to be at those lengths myself. :) I'm looking forward to getting there sometime at the end of this year.

Groovy Granny
February 17th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Hey and welcome back Groovy Granny! Congratulations on making it to Hip Length and perheps onto TBL! And then also brushing BCL! You are so blessed to be at those lengths now! I can't wait to be at those lengths myself. :) I'm looking forward to getting there sometime at the end of this year.

Thank you :)

I have a short and shrinking torso and it is mere inches between landmarks....so while I hit them fast, I am lacking the overall length others have = limited styles ;)
There is only a few inches from Hip to BCL....and an inch or so from BCL to TBL.....so my hemline fluctuates with my trims.

You'll be here soon :cheer:

Meggypoo I have only a few more bun options at TBL because I have less length than average, but my buns are not "Big Impressive ' :lol:
They tend to compact because my hair is so fine and wispy, but at least they hold :thumbsup:

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:23 PM

I have a short and shrinking torso and it is mere inches between landmarks....so while I hit them fast, I am lacking the overall length others have = limited styles ;)
There is only a few inches from Hip to BCL....and an inch or so from BCL to TBL.....so my hemline fluctuates with my trims.

You'll be here soon :cheer:

Meggypoo I have more options at TBL because I have less length than average, but my buns are not "Big Impressive ' :lol:
They tend to compact because my hair is so fine and wispy, but at least they hold :thumbsup:

You're welcome :)

Yeah, I also have a short torso too. I also bet that you are hitting them fast. Yes, with that length you are limited styles. ;) Yes, it only a few inches from Hip to BCL....and an inch or so from BCL to TBL....I bet your hemline does fluctuate with your trims. Mine does too but since I don't have to trim that often. It just stays the same.

Yes, I believe that I'll be here soon too :cheer:

Groovy Granny
February 17th, 2019, 12:30 PM
You're welcome :)

Yeah, I also have a short torso too. I also bet that you are hitting them fast. Yes, with that length you are limited styles. ;) Yes, it only a few inches from Hip to BCL....and an inch or so from BCL to TBL....I bet your hemline does fluctuate with your trims. Mine does too but since I don't have to trim that often. It just stays the same.

:

It depends on my mood....I usually dust the racers every month, and then quarterly I do hemline maintenance.

If I am shaping it or feel like having it a bit shorter I do it then....but it grows back over the next few months.

It's amazing how just an inch or so makes such a big difference in look and feel, so I don't snip much ;)

Milady_DeWinter
February 17th, 2019, 12:40 PM
I'm so in! I also missed a thread like this. I've been at hip since may-june last year, and still need some months to hit BCL (I calculated May...)

https://i.imgur.com/3vUpApK.jpg

Groovy Granny
February 17th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I'm so in! I also missed a thread like this. I've been at hip since may-june last year, and still need some months to hit BCL (I calculated May...)

https://i.imgur.com/3vUpApK.jpg

So happy you joined us :)

I am loving all your pics; for being at Hip you do so many gorgeous styles that eludes my shrinking torso/length... as we were just discussing.

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Hello and welcome Milady_DeWinter! So happy you've joined us! :) Wow, your braid is gorgeous! I know the feeling of being at the same length for a long time now since may-june of last year. You'll make it BCL sometime this year I think. I'm also hoping to hit BCL at the end of this year also.

Happy Growing :cheer:

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:50 PM
It depends on my mood....I usually dust the racers every month, and then quarterly I do hemline maintenance.

If I am shaping it or feel like having it a bit shorter I do it then....but it grows back over the next few months.

It's amazing how just an inch or so makes such a big difference in look and feel, so I don't snip much ;)

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. It depends on my mood as well. I usually dust my racers whenever they need it. I do a 6 month hemline maintenance.
No, I don't I want to get any shorter. I'm trying to go to terminal....I bet yours do grow back over the next few montths.
Yes it is amazing how just an inch or so makes such a big difference in look and feel, I don't snip that much either ;)
I take off only 1cm whenever it needs it.

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. It depends on my mood as well. I usually dust my racers whenever they need it. I do a 6 month hemline maintenance.
No, I don't I want to get any shorter. I'm trying to go to terminal....I bet yours do grow back over the next few montths.
Yes it is amazing how just an inch or so makes such a big difference in look and feel, I don't snip that much either ;)
I take off only 1cm whenever it needs it.

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Oops! double-posted sorry. ;)

Milady_DeWinter
February 17th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Thank you! Yep, I'll be BCL sometime during May /i just need 1"-1,5" more), and TBL by autumn :) BCL and TBL are just 2 inches apart on me. Being braided, my hair looks a bit shorter.

Ylva
February 17th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Yay, let us resurrect this thread together!

I never dare to do calculations, I just estimate something in my mind and it usually goes overboard, so I feel happy when I find my ends in unexpected locations. :)

Dark40
February 17th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Thank you! Yep, I'll be BCL sometime during May /i just need 1"-1,5" more), and TBL by autumn :) BCL and TBL are just 2 inches apart on me. Being braided, my hair looks a bit shorter.

You're welcome! Yep, that's what I thought. Oh, you'll be to BCL in no time.:) For me, BCL and TBL aren't that far apart. I would say an inch or 2 apart. Yes, that's the thing when you do braid your hair it does appear a bit shorter.

Groovy Granny
February 17th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Just your curls will shorten the look; there is a 2-3" difference where my hemline lands between my post shampoo/humid weather curly days and the dry air/sleek days :doh:

Yay, let us resurrect this thread together!

I never dare to do calculations, I just estimate something in my mind and it usually goes overboard, so I feel happy when I find my ends in unexpected locations. :)

Yay...the more the merrier :cheer:

Surprises are always nice ;)

I have loved seeing your hair in recent pics....it has grown and is very pretty :love:

Ylva
February 17th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much, GG! I am still highly unhappy with my ends, but I expect them to look much better by the end of the year. Once I reach TBL, I'll be able to stall myself comfortably to thicken them. :)

C_Bookworm
February 17th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Happy to be joining up! After over a year of chopping away layers, I’m really to just grow for awhile. I had fun today doing a bunch of measurements so I know not only where I am, but how far away I am from some future milestones.

Current: Hip at 34.5”

https://i.imgur.com/NORR2d2.jpg

Upcoming:
BCL at 35.5”
TBL at 38”

I’m hoping to be there by June or so :knit: Just gotta think some happy thoughts at my follicles :p

Groovy Granny
February 17th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Thank you so much, GG! I am still highly unhappy with my ends, but I expect them to look much better by the end of the year. Once I reach TBL, I'll be able to stall myself comfortably to thicken them. :)
Sounds like a good plan; I did that to rid myself of layers early on in my journey :thumbsup:

Happy to be joining up! After over a year of chopping away layers, I’m really to just grow for awhile. I had fun today doing a bunch of measurements so I know not only where I am, but how far away I am from some future milestones.

Upcoming:
BCL at 35.5”
TBL at 38”

I’m hoping to be there by June or so :knit: Just gotta think some happy thoughts at my follicles :p

Nice to have you Booky :flowers:

Oh my...look at your gorgeous hair/flexi/onn pic :crush:

C_Bookworm
February 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Nice to have you Booky :flowers:

Oh my...look at your gorgeous hair/flexi/onn pic :crush:

Thank you! It’s so nice to be here. I’m surrounded by so many thudworthy heads of hair it’s exciting! I can’t wait to see how everyone grows.

Thanks :flower: I’m just starting to experiment with the miniovals, but so far they hold as well as the regular sized ones. I was chuffed to find one that matched the January FotM.

GrowlingCupcake
February 18th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Well, given my hair is BCL, and on the way to tailbone, I guess I am here too? I should reach TBL by the end of this year or sooner.

Booky, is that your starry night oval in your avatar?

C_Bookworm
February 18th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Welcome! :flower:

Yes indeedy, that’s the one! :eye: It’s one of my absolute favorites.

Milady_DeWinter
February 18th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Booky, love your hair! It's so rare to see it in full lenght and I adore it :crush: you will be TBL in no time!

C_Bookworm
February 18th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Booky, love your hair! It's so rare to see it in full lenght and I adore it :crush: you will be TBL in no time!
Awww thank you so much :flowers: I’m so happy to get to experience growth for awhile and not lose it all to trims.

Groovy Granny
February 18th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Thank you! It’s so nice to be here. I’m surrounded by so many thudworthy heads of hair it’s exciting! I can’t wait to see how everyone grows.

Thanks :flower: I’m just starting to experiment with the miniovals, but so far they hold as well as the regular sized ones. I was chuffed to find one that matched the January FotM.
It matches perfectly.... and the combo is perfection in your hair :crush:

I have a few mini ovals and love them!

Well, given my hair is BCL, and on the way to tailbone, I guess I am here too? I should reach TBL by the end of this year or sooner.

:agree: Yes you are ~ welcome ~ happy growing to TBL :cheer:

Dark40
February 18th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Booky, is that your starry night oval in your avatar?

Hi and welcome! :) You will be at TBL in no time :cheer:

Meggypoo
February 18th, 2019, 02:57 PM
I was going to keep racing to TBL but seeing all these beautiful, thick hemlines is making me consider hanging out at HL and trimming to let my layers catch up. Not too long though... just a little.

Groovy Granny
February 18th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I was going to keep racing to TBL but seeing all these beautiful, thick hemlines is making me consider hanging out at HL and trimming to let my layers catch up. Not too long though... just a little.
Sounds good ~ play it by ear!
Go with your gut and what makes you happy.......enjoy the journey :cheer:

AutobotsAttack
February 18th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Reached tailbone some odd number of months ago. Very happy with all the milestones I’ve hit. Really hoping for Classic by the end of this year.

https://i.imgflip.com/2u0xas.jpg

Given my hairs texture, is extremely prone to tangling at the roots, so I spend a lot of time mostly mitigating tangles, so my hair always braided up. I go through ups and downs with my middle area. It’ll thicken up for some months, then it’ll be very sensitive and thin out a bit, but it’s all a learning process.

Groovy Granny
February 18th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Congrats ~ that's amazing :applause

Happy growing to your next goal :cheer:

Alissalocks
February 18th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Hey hip-sters! I'm definitely in this length category also, as it's going to be about summer when I expect to hit BCL. :grouphug: I seriously need take a length pic, I've been meaning to but never making the time. My favorite thing about this length is it's finally beginning to "feel long." Not long enough, mind you. But I don't feel like my hair is "short" anymore.

It helps that I'm already at my original goal length, and have shifted my goals a couple times now. I went from wanting hair "to the belt loops," to wanting TBL, now I'm dreaming of FTL in another 5+ years? If my hair feels like growing that long? :meditate:

Hard to believe I should be TBL by autumn! That was such a dream length of mine for so so long, ya know?

Groovy Granny
February 18th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Hey hip-sters! I'm definitely in this length category also, as it's going to be about summer when I expect to hit BCL. :grouphug: I seriously need take a length pic, I've been meaning to but never making the time. My favorite thing about this length is it's finally beginning to "feel long." Not long enough, mind you. But I don't feel like my hair is "short" anymore.

It helps that I'm already at my original goal length, and have shifted my goals a couple times now. I went from wanting hair "to the belt loops," to wanting TBL, now I'm dreaming of FTL in another 5+ years? If my hair feels like growing that long? :meditate:

Hard to believe I should be TBL by autumn! That was such a dream length of mine for so so long, ya know?

Hi :waving: long time no see!

Great to have you join us; I hope you reach your goal in good timing :cheer:

Have you been in any more HAIR productions since we last chatted?

Milady_DeWinter
February 19th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Great growth, AutobotsAttack! :flower:

Alissalocks, you sounds like hitting goals more or less at the same time as me! Welcome aboard :D

Ylva
February 19th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Alissalocks, you sounds like hitting goals more or less at the same time as me! Welcome aboard :D

And me :D Hair growth buddies! :wethree:

Groovy Granny
February 19th, 2019, 12:29 PM
And me :D Hair growth buddies! :wethree:

Awesome :joy:

hayheadsbird
February 19th, 2019, 03:49 PM
:happydance:

Just actually measured my hair for the first time in a LONG time (8 months) and I'm just almost brushing TBL. With all the postpartum shedding I figured I'd still have a way to go, but it's much closer than I thought. I could make classic this year if I don't stall on the way and maintain my average growth :joy:

Groovy Granny
February 19th, 2019, 04:12 PM
That's great ~ happy growing :cheer:

ravenskey
February 20th, 2019, 07:49 AM
I measured for the first time since Christmas and I'm now at 37". I was ~36" at Christmas and then cut ~1" at the New Year so 37" isn't bad. TBL is 39" for me so hopefully I'll reach it by June.

Groovy Granny
February 20th, 2019, 09:19 AM
I measured for the first time since Christmas and I'm now at 37". I was ~36" at Christmas and then cut ~1" at the New Year so 37" isn't bad. TBL is 39" for me so hopefully I'll reach it by June.

Good for you ~ you can do it :cheer:

priinnz
February 22nd, 2019, 03:13 AM
I am so hoping my hair grows at least to BCL. I honestly don’t know where is TBL but I’m guessing it must be close to bcl
But my last hair dresser left ugly v shaped layers. So my layers are between waist and hip. I am thinking of snipping last 2 cm off so my v becomes more of u. Which means last couple of months growth will be lost 😭

My hair seems to be growing much slower this February.. I hope this is not the maximum they can grow!!

JennGalt
February 22nd, 2019, 04:25 AM
Hair growth doesn’t remain constant throughout the year for many people. It’s possible your growth rate will pick up again at some point. Or perhaps you are just impatient for your hair to reach your goals and it seems slower ;) I’m dealing with some impatience myself. Easier said than done, but I’m trying not to obsess over length (no measuring, reminding myself that checking in the mirror isn’t going to make it grow any faster, etc). Don’t stress or obsess; neither will help!

Also popping into say hi since I’m between hip and TBL :waving:

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2019, 09:14 AM
I am so hoping my hair grows at least to BCL. I honestly don’t know where is TBL but I’m guessing it must be close to bcl
But my last hair dresser left ugly v shaped layers. So my layers are between waist and hip. I am thinking of snipping last 2 cm off so my v becomes more of u. Which means last couple of months growth will be lost ��

My hair seems to be growing much slower this February.. I hope this is not the maximum they can grow!!I once cut my hair to a V and didn't care for it either; had layers too....but my hair is too fine for that.
You are at a length where you can trim it yourself and won't have to risk your length to stylists.
Whatever bothers you the most....just do it; it will grow back....or put it up and forget it until your next planned trim is due.
Focusing on growth can be frustrating and is futile; just let it be :shrug:
If over time you really see a problem then you can look for possible causes.

Your avatar looks beautiful, but how you feel is what matters...so go with your gut.

TBL is usually 1/2 way down your butt but differs in individuals; mine is 1 inch from BCL.
The only way to tell on YOU is for you to feel for it :eyebrows:

Focus on enjoying your journey....get a new hair toy...learn a new style....bling it up; you will be at goal before you know it :cheer:

Also popping into say hi since I’m between hip and TBL :waving:

Welcome ~ happy growing :waving:

JennGalt
February 22nd, 2019, 04:53 PM
TBL is usually 1/2 way down your butt but differs in individuals; mine is 1 inch from BCL.

Not quite true. Landing on it seems to work pretty well, but I really don’t recommend that! :o

Welcome ~ happy growing :waving:

Thanks, Groovy Granny :D

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2019, 04:58 PM
Not quite true. Landing on it seems to work pretty well, but I really don’t recommend that! :o
Thanks, Groovy Granny :D

Oh geez...how could I forget that :doh: quite true :lol:

Meggypoo
February 22nd, 2019, 07:14 PM
Any new bun ideas for this length that you couldn't do before with shorter hair, ladies?

Ylva
February 22nd, 2019, 07:30 PM
Any new bun ideas for this length that you couldn't do before with shorter hair, ladies?

Actually I was BCL or TBL when I bunned my hair for the first time (shameful, I know), so I actually wouldn't know. Sorry about the pointless answer, just thought it might be enlightening to some how clueless a person can be.

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2019, 07:36 PM
I have a short and shrinking torso so my length at the same landmark is not the same as yours. = limited options.

But I am now doing a nautilus more than a LWB at this point :cheer:

Meggypoo
February 22nd, 2019, 08:21 PM
Actually I was BCL or TBL when I bunned my hair for the first time (shameful, I know), so I actually wouldn't know. Sorry about the pointless answer, just thought it might be enlightening to some how clueless a person can be.

:laugh: your hair must be durable! mine never would survive without protective styling

I have a short and shrinking torso so my length at the same landmark is not the same as yours. = limited options.

But I am now doing a nautilus more than a LWB at this point :cheer:

Hmm, I'm on the short side and just started to manage the spock bun a few inches ago. Before that it was only ever cinnibuns!

Ylva
February 22nd, 2019, 08:30 PM
:laugh: your hair must be durable! mine never would survive without protective styling

It was back then, yeah. Not so much anymore because I went ahead and damaged it horribly, haha. But I'm working on getting back to that durable state now that I actually realise to put it up in a bun! That must be the life then. :laugh:

Dark40
February 22nd, 2019, 09:00 PM
But my last hair dresser left ugly v shaped layers. So my layers are between waist and hip. I am thinking of snipping last 2 cm off so my v becomes more of u. Which means last couple of months growth will be lost 😭

My hair seems to be growing much slower this February.. I hope this is not the maximum they can grow!!

Hey....yeah, TBL and BCL are not that far apart from each other. I think they are a couple of inches apart. I'm so sorry your hair dresser gave you ugly v shaped layers. Yeah, that would be a good thing to do snip off the last 2cm so that your v becomes move of a u. I know it's disappointing to lose that length of a couple of months of growth but it will grow back in no time. :)

I went through that June of last year. I had to trim off a cm, and cut back to MBL from WL, and it seemed like for 4 months my hair went through a resting phase or a stall but after November my hair started growing again, and it grew to WL+!

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2019, 09:07 PM

Hmm, I'm on the short side and just started to manage the spock bun a few inches ago. Before that it was only ever cinnibuns!

The spock bun I cannot do; my hair slides right out :lol:

I can finally do cinnamon buns that hold with forks and sticks, pha buns (not often as it is tight), LWB (modified) and Nautilus.

Those with lots of wrapping are beyond me...not enough length.

dagny
February 22nd, 2019, 09:32 PM
Reached hip this month! :joy: Woo Hoo!!!

Since I am short-waisted, it isn't much from WL to HL --- but may take AGES to get to classic! But, one milestone at a time! :p

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2019, 10:00 PM

Since I am short-waisted, it isn't much from WL to HL --- but may take AGES to get to classic! But, one milestone at a time! :p

Congrats ~ it is pretty :)

Yup...one landmark at a time....and enjoy the journey :cheer:

Ylva
February 23rd, 2019, 10:21 AM
Congratulations dagny and welcome to the club! :)

priinnz
February 23rd, 2019, 02:50 PM
I once cut my hair to a V and didn't care for it either; had layers too....but my hair is too fine for that.
You are at a length where you can trim it yourself and won't have to risk your length to stylists.
Whatever bothers you the most....just do it; it will grow back....or put it up and forget it until your next planned trim is due.
Focusing on growth can be frustrating and is futile; just let it be :shrug:
If over time you really see a problem then you can look for possible causes.

Your avatar looks beautiful, but how you feel is what matters...so go with your gut.

Focus on enjoying your journey....get a new hair toy...learn a new style....bling it up; you will be at goal before you know it :cheer::

Thanks groovygranny, you are so kind. I feel my hair is photogenic. Looks better in the pic than it feels. 😂
I am not sure why hairdressers insist/ force me to get layers everytime. Sure it looks great once they blow dry it in salon but later it ends up looking even more scanty ( I have fine hair too). Based on everyone’s advice in this forum I am going to stick to self trims for a while now.

priinnz
February 23rd, 2019, 02:58 PM
Hey....yeah, TBL and BCL are not that far apart from each other. I think they are a couple of inches apart. I'm so sorry your hair dresser gave you ugly v shaped layers. Yeah, that would be a good thing to do snip off the last 2cm so that your v becomes move of a u. I know it's disappointing to lose that length of a couple of months of growth but it will grow back in no time. :)

I went through that June of last year. I had to trim off a cm, and cut back to MBL from WL, and it seemed like for 4 months my hair went through a resting phase or a stall but after November my hair started growing again, and it grew to WL+!

Yes Dark40. I guess you understand my dilemma then. I hate to give up on the length. I am going to wait till March to trim.. hopefully I will be closer to my goal then

Congrats Dagny, your hair colour is beautiful! Going classic would be the dream for most of us. I have never had that long hair and not even sure if it is possible for me... but yeah like you said one milestone at a time.

Dark40
February 23rd, 2019, 07:49 PM
Yes Dark40. I guess you understand my dilemma then. I hate to give up on the length. I am going to wait till March to trim.. hopefully I will be closer to my goal then

Congrats Dagny, your hair colour is beautiful! Going classic would be the dream for most of us. I have never had that long hair and not even sure if it is possible for me... but yeah like you said one milestone at a time.

Yes priinnz. I do totally understand your dilemma. I also hate giving up on length too. Yes, that would be the best thing to do is wait til March to trim....I think you'll be closer to your goal by then.

Dark40
February 23rd, 2019, 07:52 PM

Congratulations on reaching hip length! :) It is so gorgeous :)

Yep, one milestone a t a time....Happy growing :cheer:

Groovy Granny
March 11th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Well Ladies ~ I have been struggling with increasing wispiness as my silver hair takes over my head, and being at TBL didn't help....if felt thin and even more wispy :p

In the past I cut back to waist from Hip and TBL several times.....all for the same reason; now I see a pattern :hmm:

I have been discussing with the 'fine and thin' haired ladies @ my age with silver and many said they experience the same thing.
Some have even longer hair but a good number are shorter (@ WL or hip).

So last night I snipped back to WL again and will be staying there.... dusting racers monthly and doing doing quarterly hemline trims (probably being near Hip again by then).

I am thrilled I reached TBL and do enjoy Hip, but WL was my sweet spot in the 60's (how many times in 5 years have I said that ?!) :lol: .....and it seems to be the same in MY 60's :flower:

I appreciate all your inspiration and support as I grew it out :grouphug: but I will be staying between WL and Hip ~ I wish you all Happy Growing :cheer:

C_Bookworm
March 11th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Well Ladies ~ I have been struggling with increasing wispiness as my silver hair takes over my head, and being at TBL didn't help....if felt thin and even more wispy :p

In the past I cut back to waist from Hip and TBL several times.....all for the same reason; now I see a pattern :hmm:

I have been discussing with the 'fine and thin' haired ladies @ my age with silver and many said they experience the same thing.

So last night I snipped back to WL again and will be staying there.... dusting racers monthly and doing doing quarterly hemline trims (probably being near Hip again by then).

I am thrilled I reached TBL and do enjoy Hip, but WL was my sweet spot in the 60's (how many times in 5 years have I said that ?!) :lol: .....and it seems to be the same in MY 60's :flower:

I appreciate all your inspiration and support as I grew it out :grouphug: but I will be staying between WL and Hip ~ I wish you all Happy Growing :cheer:
I’m glad you found your sweet spot, sounds like a lovely place to settle in! :flower:

Groovy Granny
March 11th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Thanks Booky :)

I have been there a few times before in the past 5 years, but I am thrilled I experienced TBL at least once in my life!

JennGalt
March 12th, 2019, 08:22 PM
Sooo... umm... I literally just discovered I’ve hit TBL when pulled straight. It’s stormy and humid today, so my hair wants to bunch up around my shoulders and my proof pic looks like poo. I’ll see if I can get my husband to help me take a better one sometime when the weather has calmed down. But there are pix of my hair stretched and unstretched in my progress album linked in my sig. Do I still belong here or have I graduated to another thread? Even though I keep my hair in a semi-stretched state, I am nowhere near TBL curly.

Dark40
March 13th, 2019, 05:39 PM
JennGalt, Yes I would say you do still belong here. You are in the between hip length and tbl category. I saw that in your in your signature pic. :)

JennGalt
March 13th, 2019, 05:54 PM
JennGalt, Yes I would say you do still belong here. You are in the between hip length and tbl category. I saw that in your in your signature pic. :)

I’m not sure what you’re referring to, as I don’t have a sig pic and never have. I have a profile pic from last summer. I referenced the two most recent pix in my imgur album.

priinnz
March 13th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Dark40 is probably referring to your avatar picture. Its beautiful

JennGalt
March 13th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Dark40 is probably referring to your avatar picture. Its beautiful

Thanks! The only pic in my profile was taken in July 2018, and looks slightly longer than the unstretched pic I took yesterday because of stormy, humid weather yesterday.

I was referring specifically to these pix:

Showing stretched length https://i.imgur.com/XB93wDA.jpg (Hemline of pink shirt is adjusted to show true TBL for me.)

Unstretched https://i.imgur.com/so3g0ib.jpg (But you can still tell which sections I pulled on while trying to take pix xD)

Ylva
March 14th, 2019, 03:59 AM
Jenn, I think you can choose where to be or hang out in both threads. :)

Dark40
March 18th, 2019, 05:27 PM
priinnz, Thank you! Yes, that's what I was referring to. I agree with YIva. You can choose where to be or hang out in both threads. :)

C_Bookworm
March 19th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Upcoming:
BCL at 35.5”
TBL at 38”

Oops! Missed my measure day by two days (Haha, should have thought before I picked the 17th, but oh well), but in good news, I just hit BCL. :happydance: Onward I grow...

Ylva
March 19th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Unbelievably enough, I'm still here after today's chop.

https://i.ibb.co/hRMNs4N/hiukset190319.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/JxR9wqj/hiukset1903199.jpg

Dark40
March 20th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Unbelievably enough, I'm still here after today's chop.

https://i.ibb.co/hRMNs4N/hiukset190319.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/JxR9wqj/hiukset1903199.jpg

Yeah, I bet it was unbelievably enough! It is absolutely gorgeous! :) I love the blonde color and everything! It looks so much healthier and shinier. You make me wanna do my hair in that blonde shade..:D I know the shade that I bought isn't going to lighten my hair that light but it'll lighten up to a beautiful golden blonde. :)

Ylva
March 20th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I bet it was unbelievably enough! It is absolutely gorgeous! :) I love the blonde color and everything! It looks so much healthier and shinier. You make me wanna do my hair in that blonde shade..:D I know the shade that I bought isn't going to lighten my hair that light but it'll lighten up to a beautiful golden blonde. :)

Thank you kindly! :) I think everyone needs to experience platinum blonde at least once in their lifetime! :D I'd love to see how your hair looks once you've made it golden blonde. :)

Dark40
March 20th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Thank you kindly! :) I think everyone needs to experience platinum blonde at least once in their lifetime! :D I'd love to see how your hair looks once you've made it golden blonde. :)

You're welcome very much! :) I agree that everyone needs to experience platinum blonde at least once in their lifetime too! :D Yes, I bet you would love to see how my hair looks once I've made it golden blonde. :) I've experienced platinum blonde hair back in the early 2000s. Then, I darkened it to red or brown. I've been every color under the sun..lol. Now, the problem I have is when i'm going to do it. I think I'll probably do it in about 2 or 3 months from now. Ya' know it's been a year since I've colored my hair?! I forgot what it was like to have color-treated hair!...No, I'm just kidding.:D I remember what it's like. I've just got so use to relaxing it every 4-6 months instead of relaxing it, and waiting the 2 weeks, and then coloring afterwards.

Ylva
March 20th, 2019, 04:24 PM
You're welcome very much! :) I agree that everyone needs to experience platinum blonde at least once in their lifetime too! :D Yes, I bet you would love to see how my hair looks once I've made it golden blonde. :) I've experienced platinum blonde hair back in the early 2000s. Then, I darkened it to red or brown. I've been every color under the sun..lol. Now, the problem I have is when i'm going to do it. I think I'll probably do it in about 2 or 3 months from now. Ya' know it's been a year since I've colored my hair?! I forgot what it was like to have color-treated hair!...No, I'm just kidding.:D I remember what it's like. I've just got so use to relaxing it every 4-6 months instead of relaxing it, and waiting the 2 weeks, and then coloring afterwards.

I see, that's cool! :D I miss experimenting with my hair for sure. When my hair was around shoulder length, I did all sorts of crazy and terrible things to it, but it was all good fun then.

C_Bookworm
March 20th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Your hair looks lovely after its cut, Ylva. So thick and healthy, and yay for still being hip! :happydance:

amiraaah
March 20th, 2019, 07:17 PM
omg ylva! your hair looks completely different and it's thicker and shinier.i'm jealous! :)

Ylva
March 20th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Your hair looks lovely after its cut, Ylva. So thick and healthy, and yay for still being hip! :happydance:

Thank you very much C_Bookworm! There's still about 10 cm of poo hair there, but I'm so excited about getting rid of it during the year. :)

Ylva
March 20th, 2019, 07:46 PM
omg ylva! your hair looks completely different and it's thicker and shinier.i'm jealous! :)

Thank you so much amiraaah! :) You have absolutely no reason to be jealous, though! Quite the opposite, I'm jealous of your amazing volume and curls. :)

Dark40
March 20th, 2019, 08:32 PM
I see, that's cool! :D I miss experimenting with my hair for sure. When my hair was around shoulder length, I did all sorts of crazy and terrible things to it, but it was all good fun then.

Yes, i also miss experimenting with my hair for sure too. Yeah, me too! When my hair was shoulder length I also used to do all sorts of crazy and terrible things to it too. But yes, mine was all good fun too then.

Milady_DeWinter
March 23rd, 2019, 02:32 AM
Almost BCL. I think I will claim it in April, just a few milimeters to go!

https://i.imgur.com/teobjnh.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
March 23rd, 2019, 03:01 AM

:crush: Soooo pretty! :D

Dark40
March 23rd, 2019, 11:41 AM

Very pretty! Yes, you are very close! I would call it in April too.

languagenut
March 23rd, 2019, 04:45 PM
Worst length pic ever, lol! Trying to take pics in the mirror, with my phone's selfie camera, using one hand in an awkward position so my other hand could be on my hip... not to mention the remodeling project in the background. But you kinda get the idea :lol:

https://i.postimg.cc/Fss4w8Ws/2019-03-23-16-37-24.jpg

The ends seem to just barely reach TBL when my hair is wet, so I should be able to officially call it fairly soon :).

lapushka
March 23rd, 2019, 05:50 PM
Very pretty, languagenut!

hayheadsbird
April 27th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Going to call TBL! Classic here I come :)

Ylva
April 27th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Going to call TBL! Classic here I come :)

Congratulations! :)

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 10:51 AM
Posted March 11th, 2019, 05:01 PM

LOL Well 2 months out I am back to Hip and decided to stop monthly dustings (unless I have major racers) and just do quarterly hemline snips, keeping me @ Hip but growing toward TBL.
I missed the length, so I will just play it by ear.... season to season, depending on the feel.

Ah....another case of LHC-itis has infected me :flower: :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 2nd, 2019, 10:57 AM
Posted March 11th, 2019, 05:01 PM

LOL Well 2 months out I am back to Hip and decided to stop monthly dustings (unless I have major racers) and just do quarterly hemline snips, keeping me @ Hip but growing toward TBL.
I missed the length, so I will just play it by ear.... season to season, depending on the feel.

Ah....another case of LHC-itis has infected me :flower: :lol:

It's catching :p Ask me how I know... :rollin:

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 11:21 AM

ROFLOL I can SEE why :eyebrows:

Though I don't see myself past TBL....for comfort.....and I think DH would start to resist too.
Not that he must worry about me because my skeletal comfort/desire comes before his preference ;)
But the other day I mentioned an LHC member and he asked about their length.....when I told him I got a forceful/negative/ewwww knee-jerk reaction :p
And so as not to pinpoint anyone particular, lets say Classic+, because he has voiced objection starting at that length in the past :shrug:
Heck, when I started growing from chin he was leery about me growing to WAIST :rolling:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 2nd, 2019, 11:25 AM

Though I don't see myself past TBL....for comfort.....and I think DH would start to resist too.
Not that he must worry about me because my skeletal comfort/desire comes before his preference ;)
But the other day I mentioned an LHC member and he asked about their length.....when I told him I got a forceful/negative/ewwww knee-jerk reaction :p
And so as not to pinpoint anyone particular, lets say Classic+, because he has voiced objection starting at that length in the past :shrug:
Heck, when I started growing from chin he was leery about me growing to WAIST :rolling:

Sounds like super long isn't his thing then - but it's good that he doesn't mind your length :) Mind you, TBL is very long for Muggles, you know :)

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 11:27 AM

RottenMango
May 2nd, 2019, 12:29 PM
Currently hip hoping for tailbone by the end of the year. I’m being extra cautious about heavy sealing my ends everyday, using raspberry butter four times a week and a hair mask twice a week. No trimming for the rest of the year hopefully.

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 12:46 PM
Currently hip hoping for tailbone by the end of the year. I’m being extra cautious about heavy sealing my ends everyday, using raspberry butter four times a week and a hair mask twice a week. No trimming for the rest of the year hopefully.
raspberry butter :confused:

How....what....why? lol

I have never heard of that product/use.

What Country are you in?

RottenMango
May 2nd, 2019, 09:44 PM
raspberry butter :confused:

How....what....why? lol

I have never heard of that product/use.

What Country are you in?

Oh, hi, just seeing this now! I’m in the USA in NY. It’s a butter made with raspberry seed oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil. I ordered it from here: https://www.theplantguru.com/shop/butters/raspberry-butter.html
I was originally looking for places to order avocado butter from but the raspberry caught my eye being it’s so unusual I’ve actually never seen it anywhere else. It makes my hair, which is extremely wiry and coarse, super soft. I’m in love so far. I’ll try the avocado butter eventually, but so far I’m hooked on the raspberry. I use it as part of the LCO method in place of the Cream (C).

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 10:37 PM
Oh that shop looks great....that's cool to hear :)

I just mentioned in the curly thread I have no idea where to start with curl creams :hmm:
I love essential oils and those butters do look interesting for hair or body....bookmarked :eye:

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

RottenMango
May 2nd, 2019, 11:26 PM
You’re welcome. Hope you find a curl cream you like. ;)

Ylva
May 3rd, 2019, 10:25 AM
Oh, hi, just seeing this now! I’m in the USA in NY. It’s a butter made with raspberry seed oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil. I ordered it from here: https://www.theplantguru.com/shop/butters/raspberry-butter.html
I was originally looking for places to order avocado butter from but the raspberry caught my eye being it’s so unusual I’ve actually never seen it anywhere else. It makes my hair, which is extremely wiry and coarse, super soft. I’m in love so far. I’ll try the avocado butter eventually, but so far I’m hooked on the raspberry. I use it as part of the LCO method in place of the Cream (C).

You're kinda doing LOO then, since butters are practically the same as oils. :)

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2019, 01:28 PM
You’re welcome. Hope you find a curl cream you like. ;)

I am so pleased with the olive and almond oils in my Neutrogena mask that I now even use it as a leave in (it transformed my hair texture) , so I thought I would give these a try.

Geez....you can't beat free shipping.... and they are in my neck of the woods :cheer:
I got 3 - 4 oz jars of butters -1 each of avocado, aloe, and jojoba to try.
All common/popular oils that are used for hair and body that I have not tried yet, and they are white based so no fear or staining my hair like argan oil does.
And if my 'aloe gel cast' experiment for defining curls doesn't work this summer, maybe the aloe butter will do better....or both depending on the need.

That shop has great deals for essential oils that I will go to when I need refills; I use them for aromatherapy and my comfort bags (http://comfortbags.com/)
I have an eye pillow and peppermint oil for migraines and 2 neck pillows that I warm at bedtime with lovely oils added to sleep/relax.
They don't have the florals I love like rose and lilac :( but I can get them elsewhere :shrug:

You made my day; my hair and I feel so pampered :flower:

GrowlingCupcake
May 3rd, 2019, 03:33 PM
The bulk of my long strands (since my hair is tapered) is at 37 inches, with a racer at 39, and about 5 to 10 strands at 38 inches. So more hair is past BCL now! If my racers don't shed, I will hopefully be at TBL with those strands next time I measure (September).

Since switching to CWCC-ROO-C (yes, lots of Cs xD), my ends are much softer, and less dry.

I am so pleased with the olive and almond oils in my Neutrogena mask that I now even use it as a leave in (it transformed my hair texture) , so I thought I would give these a try.

Geez....you can't beat free shipping.... and they are in my neck of the woods :cheer:
All common/popular oils that are used for hair and body that I have not tried yet, and they are white based so no fear or staining my hair like argan oil does.
And if my 'aloe gel cast' experiment for defining curls doesn't work this summer, maybe the aloe butter will do better....or both depending on the need.

That shop has great deals for essential oils that I will go to when I need refills; I use them for aromatherapy and my comfort bags (http://comfortbags.com/)
I have an eye pillow and peppermint oil for migraines and 2 neck pillows that I warm at bedtime with lovely oils added to sleep/relax.
They don't have the florals I love like rose and lilac :( but I can get them elsewhere :shrug:

Questions!

Is the Neutrogena mask the Triple Moisture one? And do you add the aromatherapy oils right into the pillow?

(Also, any suggestions for good rose, lilac or lavender?)

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
Yes it is the Triple Moisture https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Moisturizer-Over-Processed-Hydrating-Meadowfoam/dp/B00UOL9QF0

I buy the NOW brand of oils on Amazon, NOW Foods etc; I shop for the best buys online.

The LILAC oil was by NOW and Botanic Spa but I don't see either of them offered :hmm:
But there are other offers for sale; perhaps just go by the reviews.

Yes, I apply the oils right onto the pillows, then pop it in the microwave; they stay warm a long time.

Congrats on BCL :applause:

You must get conditioner by the truck load LOL

Ylva
May 3rd, 2019, 04:06 PM
The bulk of my long strands (since my hair is tapered) is at 37 inches, with a racer at 39, and about 5 to 10 strands at 38 inches. So more hair is past BCL now! If my racers don't shed, I will hopefully be at TBL with those strands next time I measure (September).

Since switching to CWCC-ROO-C (yes, lots of Cs xD), my ends are much softer, and less dry.

Congrats on BCL! :) Also, that's the most Cs I've ever seen! :lol:

Dark40
May 3rd, 2019, 04:56 PM

Questions!

Is the Neutrogena mask the Triple Moisture one? And do you add the aromatherapy oils right into the pillow?

(Also, any suggestions for good rose, lilac or lavender?)

Congratulations on reaching past BCL! :D Oh yeah, you will definitely make it to TBL by September depending on your hair growth rate. Oh, i also love the Neutrogena Mask the Triple Moisture one like Groovy Granny likes too! :) I also love their Triple Moisture Conditioner as well! I also bet with you doing the method: CWCC-ROO-C your hair and ends have been a lot softer. I always do the WCC-LOC method, and that works for my hair and ends just fine.

Hey, can you explain to me what is ROO? What does that mean? Thanks!

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2019, 05:05 PM
ROO = rinse out oil.
After you shampoo/rinse....oil your ends, rinse it out.... then do your conditioner.
The ROO thread is here https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191

Ylva
May 3rd, 2019, 05:06 PM
Hey, can you explain to me what is ROO? What does that mean? Thanks!

ROO stands for rinse-out oil, which means that you use an oil or a butter in the shower or wherever it is that you wash your hair. Most commonly it's used after shampoo and before conditioner, or between two conditioners if one conditions more than once.

ETA: GG got there first!

Groovy Granny
May 3rd, 2019, 05:07 PM
By a minute :whistle: :lol:

And yes....the discussion did expand to butters too :thumbsup:

Dark40
May 3rd, 2019, 05:16 PM
Ok, thanks Groovy Granny and Yiva. Now, I understand what it is. :thumbsup:

RottenMango
May 3rd, 2019, 11:30 PM

Oh, nice! I ordered another raspberry today, too. Butters (oils in butter form, haha) seem to work so well for softening my curls. I’m hoping all of this hydration will equal fewer or no trims for my hair! :cheese:

Groovy Granny
May 4th, 2019, 02:00 AM
Well, I am not happy with their 'butters'...it is probably my fault :hmm:
The Neutrogena Mask spoiled me and I had that fragrance and soft whipped texture in my mind I guess :( :doh:

The Plant Guru 'butters' are not WHIPPED.....it is just a solid oil with no fragrance and the oil smell I dislike :puke:
So.....I would not use them on dry hair, but could possibly use then as ROO because I then condition and add a leave in which may mask the smell.

I also had issue with customer service; they sent no order confirmation, were very slow to answer my inquiries by email/message/voicemail, and it was very slow shipping/delivery even though they are pretty close to me.

I checked amazon and they have Plant Guru products (same price and free shipping by Amazon), but I also saw trial vials of oils and other butters that I would try first.

Live and learn :shrug:

I did find a rose butter (rosehip oil & shea butter) on amazon that is more in line with my expectations for texture and fragrance going by the reviews.

GrowlingCupcake
May 5th, 2019, 03:18 AM
Thank you for the congratulations :) I actually called BCL end of last year; I might have forgotten to post, though. I'm just glad to see growth <3

It is a lot of conditioner but no truck load yet xD It's basically:
Dandruff conditioner on ends/lengths - dandruff shampoo on scalp - dandruff conditioner root to tip - 1 minute garnier hair mask or Intense Hydrator - ROO - hair mask lightly on scalp + coney conditioner on ends/lengths

I do not count my dandruff conditioner as 'real' conditioner but more as part of a treatment. I also do not find it very conditioning, and I rinse it so thoroughly any slip is gone. So while it adds two 'C's, it doesn't actually condition. Seems to working a treat for my dandruff, though! I am considering not bothering with the conditioner, and seeing if shampoo alone is sufficient once I am done with the bottles I have in storage. Then it would just be CWC-ROO-C xD

ravenskey
May 5th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Only 2cm left until TBL and then another 3" to CL!!! I really hope I can make it by the end of the year.

GrowlingCupcake
May 5th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Only 2cm left until TBL and then another 3" to CL!!! I really hope I can make it by the end of the year.

Good luck <3

Groovy Granny
May 5th, 2019, 11:24 AM
GC ~ to each their own routine; you do what you have to for happy hair :)

Yay....put it up and forget about it ;)

You can do it :cheer:

ravenskey
May 5th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Good luck <3

GC ~ to each their own routine; you do what you have to for happy hair :)

Yay....put it up and forget about it ;)

You can do it :cheer:

Thank you!

RottenMango
May 14th, 2019, 04:35 AM
I’ve started using a hair mask three times a week instead of twice a week to see if this leads to more moisturized hair and healthier, stronger ends.

Dark40
May 14th, 2019, 05:06 PM
RottenMango, I've also started doing like you as well! I've started using a hair mask three times a week instead of twice a week to see if this leads to more moisturized hair and healthier, stronger ends too! I really think it will, and as you know the way they make these different hair masks you can use them daily or as often as you feel there is a need for it.

ravenskey
May 24th, 2019, 08:15 AM
I seem to have had a growth spurt over the past few weeks as I am now definitely at TBL!!!
Good growing to everyone here!

Ylva
May 24th, 2019, 09:09 AM
I seem to have had a growth spurt over the past few weeks as I am now definitely at TBL!!!

Congrats, ravenskey! :)

Groovy Granny
May 24th, 2019, 09:16 AM

You did it :applause: congrats!!

ravenskey
May 24th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Congrats, ravenskey! :)

You did it :applause: congrats!!

Thank you both!

Dark40
May 24th, 2019, 03:35 PM

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :)

Nevb1973
May 24th, 2019, 07:44 PM
This is such a cool site! Plus free shipping, I love free shipping! I lurk this thread as it's my goal length. I'm sadly in the shoulder to apl abyss after a really awful cut. Ill b here hoping and dreaming, carry on.

SwanFeathers
June 14th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Officially joining this thread! I don't think I will ever go shorter than this again, my hair refuses to bun if it's any shorter than waist. On to tailbone!

MadelineMomo
July 7th, 2019, 09:37 PM
Just to clarify: TBL means hitting that bone at the top of your buttcrack that feels kind of like your solar plexus?

Ylva
July 8th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Just to clarify: TBL means hitting that bone at the top of your buttcrack that feels kind of like your solar plexus?

Opinions differ, but I consider TBL to be the bone that pokes outwards somewhere close to your butthole.

JennGalt
July 8th, 2019, 01:41 PM

From an anatomical standpoint, that is your sacrum. Your tailbone is attached to that, and the bottom of your sacrum will meet the top of your tailbone at about the top of your buttcrack (or it does for most people, anyway). With few exceptions, BCL is also top of tailbone length. What Ylva is describing is the bottom of the tailbone. Whether you call TBL at the top or the bottom of the tailbone is up to you. Most of us here consider TBL to be around mid-butt, which would be closer to the bottom of the tailbone.

Fun fact that might help if you want to find the bottom of your tailbone: most people’s tailbones point slightly to their right. Left-handed people usually have their tailbones pointing a little to the left. If the tailbone points too far in any direction, you’ll probably have crazy low back/butt/hip pain and no idea what’s causing it.

Groovy Granny
July 8th, 2019, 07:24 PM
Officially joining this thread! I don't think I will ever go shorter than this again, my hair refuses to bun if it's any shorter than waist. On to tailbone!

Congrats, it is very pretty :heart: ~ happy growing :cheer:

Cinnamonagouti
July 12th, 2019, 07:29 AM
I've been maintainging at hip for a few years now (or rather, let it grow to BCL/TBL and then cut back to hip or a little shorter) and didn't think I'd want longer hair than that, but I'm a bit tempted to start growing it longer again... I'm just too lazy to take care of it properly, so we'll see how it goes. I never do deep treatments, only oiling my braid tassel when I remember, and wash with shampoo bar and conditioner (since yesterday I'm trying a conditioner bar) once or twice a week. S&D very sporadically. Mostly braid it or wear it in a stick bun. It manages to BCL with that care without too much visible damage, but I don't know if it can get much longer. I do have lots of split ends but I just don't care. My hair doesn't seem to break off, and is so fine it's hard to prevent the split ends entirely, and the ends are still soft and everything.

Anyway, I think I'll be joining this thread and then we'll see how thing goes. Pic from today, hair to hips (BCL when stretched).

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37648&d=1562937499

Groovy Granny
July 12th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Very pretty ~ congrats & happy growing :applause:

CherryFrizz
July 12th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Cinnamonagouti - that sounds very much like benign neglect to me!

Corvana
July 12th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Officially joining here! Actually totally hit hip while wavy, which I'm not too surprised by as I only had a smidge left to go!

It feels really really long now, and also not very long at all? What a strange feeling lol.

Groovy Granny
August 20th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Well, it seems I have a case of LHC-ITIS ....and I have made the decision to grow to CLASSIC :o

Over the past few years I have cut back from TBL a few times because I found my hair was heavy, though each year I noticed that I cut back less each time.....first to MBL... then WL ...then Hip...then have maintained at TBL for the past 6+ months.

I think the difference in weight has been the increase of my fine/wispy silver, so my neck/hand arthritis hasn't been bothered by my hair at all....and I have had flares in other joints!

Just today I rearranged my trim schedule to cut less ...with the intent to try and grow longer..... when a KNEE length member asked if I had ever thought to grow to Classic?

Well....YES....just TODAY ....and she was the confirmation to my decision :lol:

So I will be off to the next thread....and wish you all luck on your hair growth journey :waving:

Ylva
August 20th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Happy growing, GG! :) I'll join you in that thread sometime next year, probably in the spring.

Groovy Granny
August 20th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Happy growing, GG! :) I'll join you in that thread sometime next year, probably in the spring.

I'll be waiting for you....and hanging in that thread for many moons to come :lol:

Lily_white
August 20th, 2019, 03:40 PM
I guess this is the thread I belong in. I was stuck between BSL and waist for years with the hair just breaking off at the ends. But with a protein treatment and some microtrimming I’m suddenly past hip...
TBL is my final goal for now, but who knows how I’ll feel when I reach it, classic is a very nice lenght too.

RottenMango
August 22nd, 2019, 09:21 AM
I recently trimmed. Still hoping to be tailbone length by the end of the year.

Ylva
September 29th, 2019, 04:23 AM
It's been a month and a half since my last length shot but I'm anxious to take another. I don't feel like my hair has grown unusually fast or anything, but I guess I want to see if it looks a lot thinner already due to my TE shedding spree. I might ask DBF to take one after I wash it today.

Ylva
September 29th, 2019, 03:46 PM
And here is the length shot.

https://i.ibb.co/9WGYpFD/hiukset290919.jpg

My hair doesn't look any longer than in the previous one because, on that one, it was blowdried straight, and on this one, my natural texture is manifesting. But I guess that must mean that it is a bit longer now. At least for once I wore appropriately coloured clothes to have some contrast against my hair. :D

It's been pretty much exactly one month since my shed (TE) started. I'm glad my ends don't look too thinned out yet at least. But there's no telling how long this will go on for; I'm hoping not too many months, though.

Groovy Granny
September 29th, 2019, 03:55 PM
And here is the length shot.

https://i.ibb.co/9WGYpFD/hiukset290919.jpg

My hair doesn't look any longer than in the previous one because, on that one, it was blowdried straight, and on this one, my natural texture is manifesting. But I guess that must mean that it is a bit longer now. At least for once I wore appropriately coloured clothes to have some contrast against my hair. :D

It's been pretty much exactly one month since my shed (TE) started. I'm glad my ends don't look too thinned out yet at least. But there's no telling how long this will go on for; I'm hoping not too many months, though.

Very pretty :)

:eye: It seems I failed to update this thread :whistle:

I cut back from TBL to Hip and will NOT be growing to Classic ;)

< avatar pic

It is just too much to manage with my arthritis, and my hair feels/behaves better @ Hip. :shrug:

So HERE I will stay :grouphug: growing beyond Hip a bit and just brushing TBL before I do my quarterly hemline maintenance trims :flowers: