PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal shedding?

Forever_Sophie
September 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry if this has been addressed, but in recent weeks, it's frightening how much of my hair has been falling, so much so that I trimmed 4". Since then, it isn't showing that it's thin (no real layers), but...so much is coming out!

I have been restricting food so I know there can be that co-relation, but - is this happening to anyone else here? Seasonal?

Peggy E.
September 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I can pretty much guarantee a major shed come spring and come fall. My dogs do the same thing - good grief, comparing myself to the dogs!!! :o(

Anyway, just hang in there and try not to get too excited/concerned/worried/frantic that you start cutting wildly. You'll still be shedding, only the hair lost will be much shorter. Maybe not the end result you've always longed for?

Continue to take very gentle care of yourself and your hair!

ChatNoir
September 12th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I'm shedding a lot these days as well! Hope it's just that the season is changing. :) I've also experienced that my hair seems more rough and less "silky", which might have something to do with the constant weather change...

I guess nature takes its toll on hair as everything else :)

Forever_Sophie
September 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I can pretty much guarantee a major shed come spring and come fall. My dogs do the same thing - good grief, comparing myself to the dogs!!! :o(

Anyway, just hang in there and try not to get too excited/concerned/worried/frantic that you start cutting wildly. You'll still be shedding, only the hair lost will be much shorter. Maybe not the end result you've always longed for?

Continue to take very gentle care of yourself and your hair!

This is so comforting to read! The spring shed makes more sense to me, given that the weather's getting warm, etc. but true - my bunny continues to shed!! Just like you, your dog, and me ;)

Thanks for these replies. Very much appreciated!

ladycatpurrs
September 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I am shedding like mad, too. Worrisome amounts. I am just taking my garlic and riding it out. Seasonal shed, don't worry too much!

Forever_Sophie
September 12th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Worrisome amounts.

Yes!! Glad it's not just me!! Whew!