PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if she can cut?

CurlAhead
September 12th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Okey, I have now decided to cut the damage off from my hair, FOR REAL, today..
(It is drop-in so I hope I can get a cut)

But, I have curly hair and curly hair can not be cut in the same way as straight hair, am I right? :confused:
So, how do I know that the hairdressers really know how to cut it and that it is not just something they say... I am afraid they will cut the layers too short, bacause they are already short as it is.

And should I wash my hair before it, so they see how curly it is or should I have it as it is now (brushed, not new-washed, not so curly more likely frizzy but the damage shows pretty well?)

Any tips?

Hotrox
September 12th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hello

I always go to my appointment with my hair curly, so there can see how the curls sits, how much it shrinks etc.

If you don't want much off the layers just tell them! I am learning form experience that my hair sits and behaves better when the layers are longer

Good luck with the cut, I hope you will be happy with it :D

UltraBella
September 12th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Please do not go some place cheap. When you say drop-in it really scares me. You will not find super talented stylists in the walk- in type places in general. That can lead to some serious regrets........ Be careful !

CurlAhead
September 12th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Should I ask her right before if she REALLY know how to cut curly hair, many hairdressers may take that as an insult, but I have read that curly hair should not be wet, combed and cut straight "off"?
And I got a feeling that is exactly how they are going to cut it.. Maybe she doesn't understand how curly my hair is when I have brushed it?

The prise is about 45 dollars.

JulietCapulet
September 12th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I would suggest getting a recommendation from someone. I agree with what you said. If you have a doubt don't go through with it. I have regretted doing that several times. Trust your instinct and remember how long it takes to grow your hair!

CurlAhead
September 12th, 2010, 06:18 AM
It is cut now, just the tips(?) of the hair..Don't know if I like it yet, haven't showered after she put something wierd in my hair.