PDA

View Full Version : which stage of growing was the fastest?

jojo
May 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
OK, i don't know if Ive done this poll before or just dreamt i have, if i have mods delete!

right i found from shoulder to apl the most horrible, slowest growing period it just seems to take forever!

no kidding it has taken a full year and still is only just over apl!

but in the past i found once i got to bsl my hair grew like weeds (fingers crossed i get that again!)

so what was your fastest growing stage?

Riot Crrl
May 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I don't know if any of them were actually fastest, but once it gets past BSL I can just benign neglect it more so it "seems" fastest.

jojo
May 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I don't know if any of them were actually fastest, but once it gets past BSL I can just benign neglect it more so it "seems" fastest.

yes that makes sense, plus theres loads more you can do with it at bsl.

I should have said 'seemed' to grow quicker really!!! my brain is mashed potato today.....as usual!!!:cheese:

Riot Crrl
May 22nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I never get it when people say shorter hair is easiest. I mean, maybe beyond a certain point, if we're talking like waist vs. knee or something. But chin vs. BSL? My BSL conditioner bills are higher, but everything else about it just gets easier to maintain.

zift
May 22nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
The fastest stage of growing is after trimming for me. It didn't matter if it was at classic or at thighes or mid-back ,just when I grow it with regular trims it grows fast. I didn't get a growth stall even at mid-thigh thanks to that!

spidermom
May 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Right now my hair is growing so fast that it almost scares me. Honestly, I can practically watch it grow in the mirror. One day I took a shower and it was barely brushing TBL soaking wet with water streaming through, stretching it to the longest length. 48 hours later, it was longer than TBL in the same setting. Zounds!

Like zift, trimming seems to jump start my growth. I have my theories as to why, but it really doesn't matter, does it? As long as it works, and yes indeed -- it does work.

MoldyCake
May 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
The time it took my hair to grow from just below my ears to my shoulders. Shortest time ever... so I eather have a very short neck.. or I ignore my hair growth once it gets to where I can poney it.

sapphire-o
May 23rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
My hair grows faster in winter and slower in summer. It has nothing to do with length. If you're talking about the "feeling" then it's from shoulders to BSL. Before I found LHC I couldn't do a thing with my hair, so BSL seems too long for me to handle.

basak
May 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
My hair grew from BSL to waist in very short time. Maybe because I wasn't paying any attention then :P

Phalaenopsis
May 23rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
shoulder to apl: it took ages in my eyes
apl to bsl: almost there, just like that :)

jojo
May 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Right now my hair is growing so fast that it almost scares me. Honestly, I can practically watch it grow in the mirror. One day I took a shower and it was barely brushing TBL soaking wet with water streaming through, stretching it to the longest length. 48 hours later, it was longer than TBL in the same setting. Zounds!

Like zift, trimming seems to jump start my growth. I have my theories as to why, but it really doesn't matter, does it? As long as it works, and yes indeed -- it does work.

yeah same here! though theres no evidence to say its true but what the heck, if it works im a happy jojo!:cheese:

frizzinator
May 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
It grows fast when you are not paying attention.

FrannyG
May 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
I grew my hair out from a pixie, and I got almost to waist length before I cut my hair for good hair health purposes, and I can honestly say that I don't recall having a difficult length. I do remember feeling very "mommish-looking" when I was at about chin length, but that was over before I knew it.

I like to have some fun with my hair, whatever the length as I await my goal. The great thing is that since LHC, I've found a lot of healthy, heat-free styles for all lengths.

kwaniesiam
May 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
No idea about fastest, I guess once I'm able to make a secure bun and a braid that doesn't look totally pathetic, so I can just wear it up and forget about it. Right now it's freshly short, so it's going to seem to take a lot longer since I'm limited to wearing it down or in a messy ponytail.

Tangles
May 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Shoulder to APL is literally the "pits" , between APL and BSL I grow super fast also. I'm actually considering a microtrim to see if that gives me a bit of a jump start.

VanillaTresses
July 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
My BSL conditioner bills are higher, but everything else about it just gets easier to maintain.

Ha!

I am clinging onto this thread like a shred of hope! :p I have grown my hair out quite a few times now, and the area around the shoulders always seems to take forever. I am so happy that I am nearing in on BSL now-- it is like I am shortly leaving the quicksand that is shoulderbladeland.

lora410
July 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Shoulder to APL flew by, but back then I wasn't paying attention to it. Now APL to BSL has been almost a year to grow:rolleyes: Lets hope BSL to waist is alot faster :lol:

AJoifulNoise
July 7th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I averaged about 1 inch a month from shoulder to waist. After it passed waist it slowed down. Now it's crawling. I stopped measuring because it was discouraging.

Siava
July 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
From extremely short to around chin length my hair seemed to grow so fast. I think it's because it was always tickling me in certain spots - first my eyes, then my nose, on to cheeks, and then neck. Now that it's pretty much out of the way I don't notice anything.

Samara Morgan
July 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hmmm I don't know which stage was fastest but for me I seem to have been stuck at tailbone forever lol :bigeyes:

wintersun99
July 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM
chin to shoulder - was like slow death, likely because I pay close attention to it and long for the day when I can put it into a ponytail. Shoulder to APL seemed to bo quickly, but I was also working (in the wilderness) 2 weeks of 4 without returning home, so my hair was living in sun hats and buffs - not only out of my way, but without mirrors, it seemed to be longer each time I returned.

julya
July 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I feel like pixie to shoulder was the fastest, because even a little growth is really noticeable. At longer lengths an inch or two difference doesn't look that different.

Samara Morgan
July 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I feel like pixie to shoulder was the fastest, because even a little growth is really noticeable. At longer lengths an inch or two difference doesn't look that different.

Exactly julya :grin: I couldn't have put it better myself lol :lol:

Duchess of Erat
July 7th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Slowest ever was growing out layers that were cut too short to put behind my ears, because those were just annoying so I noticed it all the time.

ETA: Need to learn how to read :)

Once my hair could be tucked behind my ears it started growing fast, as I didn't really pay attention to it anymore. Since finding LHC and other hair forums it feels like it's going slower again, but that probably just because I'm paying more attention to my hair again.

moon-flower
July 8th, 2008, 11:57 PM
For a long time I've had arm pit and shoulder length hair as a child. So when I started growing form bra strap length, I think it quickly reached waist, and then above my hip bone. Probably because I'm not very tall.
So BS length to top of hips=fast, but thigh, mid thigh to knee+very slow.

Oskimosa
July 9th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I guess it all has to do with how much attention you happen to pay to it. Maybe it seems to take forever when its reeeeally short, before it dissappears behind your shoulders and you can't see it constantly, and again when its long; past your back and you can see it all the time again. :lol: just a theory, since mine is taking it's sweet time getting to APL. I think the layers are making it seem worse, since the overall effect is that my hair is short.

peachy.pudding
July 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Wow Jojo i love all the interesting threads you have been starting, keep it up lol

For me the slowest stage was fringe to chin
The fastest stage was APL to BSL

Scrofula
July 9th, 2008, 03:31 AM
On past experience, getting from chin length to shoulder length is excrutiatingly slow, I think mainly because at that stage I'm *willing* my hair to grow longer and checking for growth almost daily. Once I get to shoulder length it's just plain sailing!

Oskimosa
July 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
On past experience, getting from chin length to shoulder length is excrutiatingly slow, I think mainly because at that stage I'm *willing* my hair to grow longer and checking for growth almost daily. Once I get to shoulder length it's just plain sailing!

*getting misty-eyed looking at her shoulder-length hair*
Boy, I wish I was sailing... :( I wish I could get my hair back from Locks of Love and glue it back on to my ends. It's probably just sitting somewhere...

jojo
July 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM
very interesting posts!

Radulfr
July 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Between ear and shoulder was fastest for me. I had a good view of how it was doing. Now further down, it's more difficult to see (on my back) just how it is doing.

Marcipangris
July 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM

Same for me...when I had pixie short hair, it became hard to style if it grew out just a little bit.
The slowest for me is SL to APL... right now I'm at "Can I call this armpit length??"

Oskimosa
July 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
*getting misty-eyed looking at her shoulder-length hair*
Boy, I wish I was sailing... :( I wish I could get my hair back from Locks of Love and glue it back on to my ends. It's probably just sitting somewhere...

I just thought I'd come back so I could eat my words. I JUST DID MY FIRST UPDO SINCE CUTTING ALL MY HAIR OFF!!!!! YAAAY! And so I broke out my hairsticks (since that's all I saved since cutting it) and bought some cheap hairtoys!! Ponytails!!

Btw, it was spidermom's skewered snails that inspired me to try. I did two mini-buns side by side and stuck sticks through them. My hair is too thick for anything else, but YAY!! That is a huge milestone!

flapjack
July 9th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Mid-back area is always the fastest to me, but it's an illusion of course. It's just that you don't notice the length quite as easily then. There are really any milestones on the back the way there are at short and long lengths... like chin/shoulder or hip/butt for example. It's a gray area so the few times I've cut my hair up to bsl, it seems like it goes back to waist almost immediately.

Angellen
July 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I didn't pay attention to my hair before bsl, but from bsl to waist was pretty speedy. Like AJoifulNoise, now it's definitely slowed down...I'm hoping some recent S&Ding will speed it back up again....

sexyjacksparrow
July 11th, 2008, 05:56 AM
If I'd ever got past APL, I'd tell you *sigh* So slow!

Kerry xx

30isthenewblack
August 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
My hair seemed to stay at bsl forever but I put that down to damage & hairdressers cutting off the growth. Now, I've taken control back of my hair & not at the mercy of hairdressers, I think it will be quick to grow my hair from bsl to waist. It's 1.5" past BSL now & I'm happy with the length & the health of my hair so I just have to keep on doing what I'm doing, taking the hair vitamins, putting MN on my hair and trimming it every three to four months as needed.

RavenDream
August 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Once it hit BSL, it seemed to speed up so much. Whether it actually did or if it just seemed to since I wore it up all the time, who knows.

kowlrea
August 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
SL - APL was the fastest for me
slowest is BSL - MBL , i mean i know I only got there in July .. but im still there !!

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
well, hip to tailbone seems the fastest this time

D-eath
August 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM
At the moment it's my midback stage. I haven't taken so much care of my growth the time before. ;)

DollyDagger
September 16th, 2015, 04:59 PM
bumping-

for me I'm not sure..As I havent been past BSL for a very very long time.

lapushka
September 17th, 2015, 02:06 PM
I can't say anything was fast... Nope, not really. Each stage I had to have patience with. I think once I got past the awkward stages, I could bring up more patience as I could wear it up, and it was out of the way more (being a iii, I needed length for that first, so the awkward stage lasted a good while).

Frankenstein
September 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
My hair seemed to grow the most between BSL to waist and then beyond.

MINAKO
September 17th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Armpit to waist, i did hardly pay attention then.

*ReiKa*
September 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM
That would be armpit to waist too for me. I wasn't paying attention either, one day I pretty much woke up and realized that my hair was long and had come a long way!

Groovy Granny
September 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM
APL + seems to grow the fastest on me.
Then again... I could just be the fact that I have more styling options lol

*ReiKa*
September 20th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Coming back for a new very fast growth: I cut at BCL on July and today I am back at TBL.
Boy, that was quick!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 20th, 2015, 06:16 PM
It all seemed pretty slow for me - a watched pot never boils, after all. Yet looking back to when I first joined LHC, the time has gone really fast.... so looking forward it seems slow but looking back it has gone fast.

RavenRose
September 20th, 2015, 11:50 PM
for me in the past (pre LHC) it was always below APL that was the slowest- but I think this is because I just didn't know many styles, and just left it loose all the time, and occasionally dyed/chemically treated my hair, so I had tons of splits and breakage. Now I am dusting APL with healthier ends despite my recent escapade with bleaching out Henna, So we will see how it goes!

Key
October 7th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Armpit length to bra strap length were the closest milestones in relation to each other for me.

McQuarry
October 7th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Shoulder to APL+ went by in the blink of an eye.

Frankenstein
October 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Once I hit waist, my hair seemed to grow like weeds.

Alien Girl
October 11th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Shoulder to APL definitely...

Arctic
October 11th, 2015, 08:29 AM
My milestones are all far away from eachother - with the exception of waist to hip. Alas, I have never had my hair that long, and am not likely to either, so I probably will never get to experience a fast growth from one milestone to the next :laugh: In general with my growth rate and trimming, milestones are about one year from oneanother.

hanne jensen
October 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM
The fastest milestone for me so far has been shoulder to APL. That only took 4 months. However, my hair is growing like a weed due to benign neglect. I just don't notice my hair on a daily basis so I get many Holy Moly where did all that come from moments.

casiopeia
February 5th, 2016, 06:59 AM
I don't remember shorter stages since that was a long time ago but more recently I found BSL to waist a long, boring and very annoying wait.

casiopeia
February 5th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Ohh this was supposed to be the fastest stage topic...I'm not sure, all stages seem to take forever.

parkmikii
February 5th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Ohh this was supposed to be the fastest stage topic...I'm not sure, all stages seem to take forever.

That's how I feel about it as well. But putting it up and forgetting about it seems to help with this :)

cocoahair
February 5th, 2016, 03:39 PM
The fastest stage is any time in my life when I'm not measuring :) you know what they say about a watched pot!

restless
February 7th, 2016, 06:17 AM
The shoulder to APL- stage definitely felt the longest, as every day was a bad hair day. Fastest? Probably BSL-Hip.

mermaid lullaby
February 9th, 2016, 06:42 PM
I thought waist to hip was the fastest. Slowest would be getting to my goal.

lapis_lazuli
February 9th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I grew from waist to hip pretty quickly too (but that's likely because I wasn't paying my hair any attention... should try that again ;))

spirals
February 9th, 2016, 06:59 PM
So far it's been just so slow in general, but I think waist to BCL will seem faster because I have very little distance between them and I am losing less length to damage now that I've added conditioner back into my routine (had tried a more natural method).