PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hair compliment you've ever received?

ScarlettAdelle
September 12th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I've looked and searched for a while and I cannot find a thread quite like this. If this happens to be a duplicate, I'm sorry!

What's the best compliment you've ever recieved on your hair?

Mine happened today. I wasn't feeling too awesome, so I put on a lose fitting, flowy dress and wore my hair down with two braids tied with a gold ribbon to keep it out of my face because I'm trying to get myself into the habit of wearing it down. I went to Michaels to acquire some browning leaves & harvestish looking things to make a leaf tiara for the fall, so I'm standing in the florals aisle holding a bunch of fake flowers and I feel a gentle little tug-tug on my hair and turn around to find a little girl staring up at me and she asks "Are you a farie?" I didn't get to answer because her mom was mortified that she pulled my hair and rushed her off reprimanding her and apologizing, but I didn't mind. Actually, I was thorougly stoked! :p

LittleOrca
September 12th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I think the best hair compliments that I get are ones that I am 1) not supposed to hear, or 2) ones I get when I am especially down on my hair.

An example of both in one happened the other day. I was feeling really down on my hair while I was waking the mall to relax. I pulled my hair over my shoulder to make a side braid so that it was out of the way, looked halfway decent, and was protected from the kiosk people when I passed them later. As I was braiding, I heard two women sitting at a table talking. One of them said, as I passed, "Oh my god. Did you see all her hair?" Now, this could have been an "Eww, look at her hair," comment but her tone made it sound like more of an "Ooooh" comment. Either way, it made me feel better.

Aleria
September 12th, 2010, 01:25 AM
It may not exactly have been hair related, though I did have waist-ish at the time, but I had some kids think I was a mermaid once. I was sleeping on a rock on the shore of a lake. It was comfy and my best friend's floor I was sleeping on at night was not.
It totally made my day.

UltraBella
September 12th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I used to swim as a mermaid for a local attraction, what an interesting job that was ! One day a little girl told her mom that she knew I was a real mermaid because of my hair...... I just loved that. :)

akrasia
September 12th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I think the nicest compliments are the ones you weren't meant to hear. I was at work, coming down a hallway, and I overheard some of the secretaries chatting to the new temp. The temp said, "So which one is [akrasia]?" And the others said, "She's the one with the great hair." It made my day!

PrincessBob
September 12th, 2010, 02:10 AM
I suppose it was when my sister was in town (I see her less than once every couple of years, she stayed for two days) She was watching me bun my hair for work and said, "I cannot believe your hair ever got so long."
I don't know why that is any better than the co-workers who ooh and ahh while I braid my hair at work, but, I guess the fact that we were never really that close made it feel like something I desperately needed at the time.

leslissocool
September 12th, 2010, 02:36 AM
"Are you a farie?" :p

That is so cute :D!!!

Mine was today, I was at a birthday party where the boy turned 4, I was holding my little girl when this older woman comes up and tells me " wow! you have so many layers! I wish my hair was that thick! and I can't believe how shiny it is"

I was glowing the rest of the day :)

naereid
September 12th, 2010, 02:46 AM
How amazing! I live for the day someone calls me a fairy or a mermaid. Hopefully it'll happen. :cloud9:

skaempfer
September 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Jööööööö! Scarlet, that is so sweet! What a shame you didn't have a chance to have a chat with the girl!

JulietCapulet
September 12th, 2010, 03:32 AM
a few days ago someone asked me: "How did you get your hair to look like a Victoria's Secret model?"

AriaDraconfly
September 12th, 2010, 04:13 AM
The best compliment I got was from my cousin who said "your hair is so gorgeous, you must thank god every day for it!"
I personally don't believe in god (though I don't deign to say that I know he doesn't exist, since I am only human, Buddha, Isis, Zeus, God, any of them could exist, I just don't particularly believe that humans can know what the higher being is named or what they think, if he/she/it does exist.) but the way she said it and knowing how much she believes in and loves 'god', it meant a lot to me.

smileycat
September 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
"Are you a farie?"

How sweet!

For me, it is my own small sons touching my hair (both since birth). The snake their little hands up into my hair or stroke their fingers down the lenght for comfort, and my 3-year-old love playing with my ponytail!

Hylia
September 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Well recently, a girl at work said she loved my hair color . But I thought it looked horrible, I had 2 inches light brown roots while the ends were faded henna.

InTheCity
September 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
a few days ago someone asked me: "How did you get your hair to look like a Victoria's Secret model?"

Boy am I jealous! That's my post for "what made you decide to grow your hair long?" I want to look like one :p

Best compliment was someone telling me I had long hair. Plain and simple.

ScarlettAdelle
September 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Jööööööö! Scarlet, that is so sweet! What a shame you didn't have a chance to have a chat with the girl!

I would've liked to have had a chance to say anything at all! XD I must've looked funny standing there with my mouth open, hugging a bouquet of fake leaves! :confused: <- something like that, but with leaves...

BethC1963
September 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
That is AWESOME! Never received a compliment that otherworldly, but before my operation last year, I got the standard "Your hair is sooooo beautiful!" all the time. To someone who loves their hair, that is always nice.

swivelhop
September 17th, 2010, 08:44 PM
A drunk guy kept insisting that it was SOOOO KEWL that my hair matched my car.:shrug: Then went on and on about how they were the same.... and how the car was cool.... cause yeah and OMG how did you get your hair to match.
I don't know what this means but apparently the hair and the car, are cool.

Loreley
September 18th, 2010, 02:03 AM
That's so sweet! :D
A little girl told me that I had princess hair. :) I got my best hair compliment 2 weeks ago. My aunt went to the hairdresser and she asked me to go with her because we went shopping after her hair was done. We went into the salon, I sat down and was watching how the hairdresser dyes her hair. My hair was loose and I had braid waves and a few natural curls in it. The hairdresser came to me, she didn't say anything but was staring at my hair. She started saying "oh my..., oh my...". She was shocked. :D Then she asked how long I have been growing it and if the curls were natural. She almost fainted when I told her that it's more curly in it's natural state. :lol: Then we went to two shops and in both of them the shop assistants told me how beautiful my hair was. :) In the afternoon we went to my cousin's wedding and I got few compliments there, too. The most compliments I got on one day! :gobblecheese:

luxepiggy
September 18th, 2010, 03:19 AM
"you must have done something awesome in a past life, to be born with hair like that" :D

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
The Wednesday after Labor Day (US holiday, first Monday in Sept), I took my youngest two to start preschool, and I wore my hair down in public for only the second time since January. It was awesome how many people noticed it...even the kids' teachers, who have known me for twenty years, said "Wow! I didn't know it was that long! When is the last time you cut your hair?" (and they looked shocked when I revealed I actually trim every Friday night, 1/8", haha ;)) And several people at the grocery store exclaimed over it that morning. I have been feeling blah about it lately, thanks to shedding concerns, so it really made my day.

BUT the best compliment ever is the constant petting from my youngest daughter who likes to say "One day, I'll have beautiful Rapunzel hair like you, Mommy." :crush: *sigh*

Siava
September 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Such a feel good thread. :heartbeat

My daughter pets my hair. That gives me warm fuzzies. :D

Blueneko
September 20th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Girl: "Have you ever seen Practical Magic?"

Me: "Yes."

Girl: "You have Practical Magic hair."

TheBluffs
January 10th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I was at a party once, and wearing a red dress, combat boots, and my blond waist length hair out.

"Wow.. Red dress, long hair.. all a guy could want."

:D

owlathena
November 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Last weekend the new guy that I've been seeing randomly said "I love your hair. You should grow it to your butt!"

I was shocked! It was the first time anyones ever said something positive about my hair. If he only knew how much that comment meant to me!

darklyndsea
November 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Last weekend the new guy that I've been seeing randomly said "I love your hair. You should grow it to your butt!"

I was shocked! It was the first time anyones ever said something positive about my hair. If he only knew how much that comment meant to me!
It's like he was reading your mind, too! :D

andreamuse
November 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
As one of the few people in this thread with thinner/finer hair, I want to represent! :D

When I was in high school and had mid back length hair, one of my classmates said to me, "I hope you never cut your hair. It's beautiful."

PaganPriestess
November 13th, 2011, 03:46 AM
How sweet!

For me, it is my own small sons touching my hair (both since birth). The snake their little hands up into my hair or stroke their fingers down the lenght for comfort, and my 3-year-old love playing with my ponytail!

Both my babies have loved to play with my hair too. Kids definitely give the best compliments without even saying anything. My infant son now, and my daughter when she was a baby and still now that she's 3, both giggle and smile when I tickle their faces with the end of my braid. My daughter is 3, and my little sisters are 5 & 7, and they all get a kick out of brushing my long hair or playing with it & pretending to put it up.

Did anyone ever read Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle when they were little? I always loved her, and I feel just like her. She was described as having long hair & let all the little girls play with her hair anytime they wanted.

Oh, and the "are you a fairy" comment is just absolutely too adorable. I agree that it's too bad you weren't able to talk to her before her mother scolded her.

PaganPriestess
November 13th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Girl: "Have you ever seen Practical Magic?"

Me: "Yes."

Girl: "You have Practical Magic hair."

Wonder which witch she meant? I've always wanted hair like the two aunts!

Hairwish
November 13th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Well, a few months ago a stranger came up to me at the bus station and told me that he had never seen before such well cared for hair and that he thinks it is a work of art. :)

Mustardseed
November 13th, 2011, 02:02 PM
My mother said my hair looked like the princess's hair in the painting, the Accolade.

RedBlue
November 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
My grandmother always compliments my hair! When I cut it, she says, "Why did you cut your hair? Are you going to grow it back?":)

Yozhik
November 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
:crush:

What a sweet thread. :inlove:

Although not necessarily about my hair, once I was wearing a pretty dress and riding a bus into the city. It was a long ride, so I fell asleep. I woke up to see a little boy looking at me. When he saw I had opened my eyes, he solemnly told me I looked like a princess. :heartbeat:

turtlelover
November 14th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I have gotten a lot of hair compliments over the years. I'm not sure what the BEST one was, but the FUNNIEST was when my good friend's husband blurted out that my hair looked like a wig because it was so perfect. He definitely meant it as a compliment, though his wife was embarrassed until he clarified what he meant! HAHA

jacqueline101
November 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I was told my hair was nice to look at and the condition has improved since last year.

Dark Rapunzel
November 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I was told by a colleague (who I haven't known for that long- barely a month) that I remind her of Rapunzel :)

jennygg
November 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM
The other day a little girl said I looked like a fairy princess.

lacefrost
November 14th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The other day, I was told by my super-grumpy-never-in-a-good-mood manager that he, "really loved my hair like that." I was shocked and super pleased too.

People refer to me as "the girl with long hair," even those it's really short when curly.

I guess the best one I receive is when people say, "I wish I had hair like you!" Or, "I wish my hair was curly!" It means so much cause you hear so much about people hating wurly and curly hair or that people only think that straight hair is beautiful. And it's just nice that it's not true. People do love curly hair just as much as straight hair.

Cirafly24
November 15th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Last week I was in the hospital due to a medication reaction. It was really early in the morning, and I had just gotten out of the shower; my hair was soaking wet. I went to the nurse's station to get my medication when out of the blue, another patient who was waiting behind me exclaimed "You have some amazing hair!"

:D Made my day!

PlainLight
November 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Not hair related, but today I got the strangest and sweetest compliment. An older Japanese lady who works at the store I work at (I'd never talked to her before) said, "I love your voice! You sound like a princess - high and soft." :o Aw!

longhairedlady
November 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
The best compliments I have gotten about my hair have been right here from LHC. :crush:

brickworld13
November 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
My MIL always exclaims about how much my hair has grown since she saw me last. I see her about every six weeks, so it's a great encouraging compliment.

PaganPriestess
November 22nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
Not hair related, but today I got the strangest and sweetest compliment. An older Japanese lady who works at the store I work at (I'd never talked to her before) said, "I love your voice! You sound like a princess - high and soft." :o Aw!

I used to work in a call center rep & I had an older lady who was a regular customer of mine that always had to tell me how sexy my voice is lol

bouclée
November 22nd, 2011, 03:43 AM
A few years ago, on a spring morning, an old lady living in my building told me I looked like a flower with beautiful hair! How sweet of her!

And my DH always tells me my hair is the softest hair he ever touched :)

Chetanlaiho
November 22nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
I wanted to catch the elevator so the nice girl in the elevator held it for me, and when I turned towards the door she exclaimed "Oh you're the girl with the pretty hair!" (I was wearing a simple braided bun with spin pins that day) made my day ^_^ she asked me how I did my current hairdo and I explained it to her ("just a braid? Really?") then she said she thought she had too much hair for that, which made me feel a bit :/ since I tend to be insecure about my thickness, but the compliment still stands ^_^

DancingQueen
April 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I was going to work this morning, and a middle-aged lady sat behind me. We both had to get off at the same stop, and when we left the bus, she told me that I had pretty hair, and she had been admiring it on the way. That made my day. :)

Thank you :blossom: (even though she probably isn't on here.) :D

JellyBene
April 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I had a really lovely one yesterday :) I am a senior in highschool and I am doing an internship at a salon (graduation requirements) and one of the stylists happened to brush against my hair as she passed by and she stopped dead in her tracks, backed up, petted my hair and said "What do you DO to it?! It is so so so soft and healthy, this is truly the most perfect hair I have ever seen." Then she has all the other stylissts come touch it and everybody agreed with her. It more than made my day.

millyaulait
April 28th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this counts but...

When I had short hair, I always got a lot of comments on how much it suited me, how pretty the colour was, and how shiny it looked. I always thought that was really sweet.

I often get told (now that my hair is longer and up 99&#37; of the time) that my hair looks shiny & glossy. So at least I've go that down, but no single comment really jumps out to me.

I hope once my hair is long & taken care of I will get a nice comment. :)

BriseisSchuyler
April 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
one time my mom was babysitting her friends little daughters and i got into the car and she said "wow! you have hair like tangled!" i was like awwww! lol

airmid
April 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I haven't had many to-my-face hair compliments, but I got one yesterday! :) My classmate turned to me and asked me if I'd straightened my hair. I said no, it was just in its natural state for once (usually has braid-waves). She said it looked "real nice" and was getting "some long". :) Yay! The first time anyone's mentioned my hair length! It's only just past BSL and I've been feeling down about my hair recently, so a compliment was definitely what I needed. :D

AdaClare
April 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Once, someone told me I had "princess hair". Day made! hehe :D

rock007junkie
April 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well this might not be the best but it was certainly unexpected. The principal in my school (my boss) said "Wow, your hair is getting so long. I hardly see your hair down".

spookyghost
April 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Its been a long time since I had a hair compliment-but I was told I had beautiful hair when I had my spiral perms and my hair was about two inches above my waist. I havent had one since:(

arcane
April 28th, 2012, 05:04 PM
My hair is currently purple and pink and I find I get a lot of nice comments from children while out and about and at work. I think my faveorite one was the other day one of the little boys at work (who is 3) came over to me and petted my hair and said "Your hair is so pretty and soft." It was really sweet. He got excited when I told him that my hair grew out of my head the same colour as his and asked if I liked his hair too, and was very happy when I told him yes I did, and told his mother when she came to pick him up! I'm glad to have made his day too.

BlondieHepburn
May 16th, 2012, 04:06 PM
A friend of a friend (someone I'd not previously met) told me last week that my hair was angelic. I thought that was a sweet and unique adjective. :p

GrowingGlory
May 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Once someone asked me if my hair was real!

Faux
May 16th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I have been told I look like Snow White numerous times. :)

Vapunzel91
May 16th, 2012, 10:53 PM
"Your hair makes me smile!" -- after I dyed my hair rainbow. I haven't got much compliments about my hair before then.

kallarina
May 16th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I have been told I look like Snow White numerous times. :)

I get that one a lot too! So one time, I actually dressed up like her. :p

MonicaJean
May 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Today my husband actually complimented my hair, and it was wonderful. :) This never happens! lol Not that he is negative about it, but he never seems to take any notice at all, so when I decided to wear a pretty braid today, he told me that it looks good. It was a small compliment, but it was huge to hear him comment. He doesn't even comment on my hair when it has been tortured to death to look good... :inlove:

SacantRoese
May 17th, 2012, 11:40 AM
A week ago I was lying upside down on the sofa and my nephew (5) was sitting beside me on the floor. My hair had lots of braid waves and had just been combed, and he randomly picked up all of my hair and held it to the side of his face. "I want to have long, soft hair like this when I'm older!"
Me: Okay, you can if you'll grow it.

It looked so strange, because the hair was falling all the way to his knees. (His is only to his ears)
Now I'm not sure if he meant he wants waist-length or knee length hair.

Honeyfall
May 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
A week ago I was lying upside down on the sofa and my nephew (5) was sitting beside me on the floor. My hair had lots of braid waves and had just been combed, and he randomly picked up all of my hair and held it to the side of his face. "I want to have long, soft hair like this when I'm older!"
Me: Okay, you can if you'll grow it.

It looked so strange, because the hair was falling all the way to his knees. (His is only to his ears)
Now I'm not sure if he meant he wants waist-length or knee length hair.

THAT'S SO CUTE!! :D

ladylowtide
May 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Usually my fiancee could care less about my hair. But the other day I had is in a tight bun after washing it, and I let it down before I went bed (is was really wavy), and he came over with this cute look on his face and said, "wow your hair just does it for me."

:cheese:

IvanaGil
May 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Back when I used to go to the salon to get my hair cut, every customer that walked in would say "Whoa, that's a lot of hair." It made all the patience worth while. Also, every time my stylist had to comb out my knots (post wash), she would need an assistant to do one half of my hair and she would do the other half. I was the only person who had two stylists at once! :)

BunnyWabbit
May 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM
You know that scene in Mean Girls where the gay guy takes Lindsey Lohan hair and drapes it over his head? I think he says something like 'What do you think about this hair color on me?'

Well a friend of mine did that one to me. Made my day.

millyaulait
May 19th, 2012, 05:17 AM
This probably doesn't count, but it made me smile anyway...

My SO asked how long I was going to grow my hair - & I said I wanted waist.

He said 'Ooooooh, that's long! Like Pocahontas!'

I'm not sure if it was a good comment or not but I'm taking it as one. I love Pocahontas! :p

iluvlovelylocks
May 22nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
best complement ever: I have been told that I have hair like Kate Middleton. That made my life! <3

fayeelizibeth
May 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Usually my fiancee could care less about my hair. But the other day I had is in a tight bun after washing it, and I let it down before I went bed (is was really wavy), and he came over with this cute look on his face and said, "wow your hair just does it for me."

:cheese:

This. This is (a big reason) why I'm growing my hair, I think it's romantic and sexy :o.

I can't wait to get that reaction, someday.

longNred
May 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
When I worked in a salon in high school, as a receptionist, clients would come in and tell the stylists they wanted MY color. which was totally unattainable (natural auburn), but it was flattering they all tried.

Dovetail
May 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Aw, I remember once I worked as a server, and our hair had to be up all the time. So I'd always wear cute doodads but one day I was running late, and so I had my hair down still (bra length) and the hostess said "wow! Your hair is soo pretty! I had no idea!" it made me blush a little since I'm not used to people talking about my hair.

Then, the other day the hubby and I were outside working on my car (I was supervising) and the downstairs neighbor came out to bother us (he's a creeper) and he told both myself, and hubby "oh she has such Purrdy hair!" like three times. It was creepy. But it was a compliment! :cheese:

julierockhead
May 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Strangers comment positively on my henna color all the time, ask me what 'brand' it is, etc. because they want it too. It's hard not to go all TLHC on them and start telling them my routine! I just tell them it's henna and direct them to Henna Sooq.

Kittykins
May 24th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I have been complimented on my henna colour several times. My mum and my boyfriend's father's girlfriend have said my hair is really soft. My boyfriend loves my hair colour and the smell of the shampoo and conditioner I use.

Zesty
July 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I studied abroad with a bunch of girls who were very shallow and who I didn't get along with very well, but there were a few moments that they were nice to me. At one point we had gotten onto the subject of hair, and every single one of them said "You have great hair! It's so thick and healthy!" In some ways it was better coming from people who didn't like me that much, because I knew they weren't just saying it because they liked me. And I was pleased that even people who don't know much about hair notice its thickness/health before anything else.

Xandergrammy
July 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I had a very nice hair compliment the other day. After meeting our new nurse-practioner, who is originally from India, I turned to leave and she said "I love your hair". My hair was braided that day and she told us that her mother used to have hair that was past knee length. I considered this high praise, as I've always loved the long beautiful braids that some Indian women wear.

ChristineB
July 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
The other day I was fixing my hair in the locker room of the gym after my shower. One woman approached me and said "You have the most beautiful hair! How do you get it to fall like that? Do you use a flat iron? It's so lovely!"

Was very flattered. :) I used to get compliments on my hair before, but since I've started deep oiling a couple times a month and CO-washing I've never gotten so many compliments on how nice my hair looks.

kitekats
July 16th, 2012, 01:25 PM
A little girl was walking past by me on street with her mother, and she was pointing with her finger and saying that I have long hair :) (I shouldn't suppose to hear that)

noot
July 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I am a nurse and always wear my hair in a bun. One day, while at work I had a headache and let my hair down and I heard someone say "hey look at Julia, you can see her hair" and then someone touched it and said "wow it feels so soft" My hair is not that long, just past my bra however there aren't too many nurses where I work with hair past there shoulders so I guess it was just a different. It made me feel pretty good because I get more comments like "someone your age should not have long hair"

AnqeIicDemise
July 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I was told I had mermaid hair because of the braidwaves. It made my day.

mawiwala
July 18th, 2012, 01:23 AM
My best friend told me, that it's always easy to find me, because he only have to look where the "glowing" mane is. :D

irisheyes
July 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM
My husband confessed he'd almost burnt his nose off while lighting a cigarette (I know, I know...) because he was so distracted by the sight of me braiding my hip length hair!

MissManda
July 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I got my first "Rapunzel" comment from some friends a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I've passed a special longhair rite now. Haha. We were also talking about bellydance, which I have been really wanting to try for a long time now. They then told me that I "have the hair for bellydance" and that I need to try it soon.

That comment felt like an epic win! :happydance:

Khepera
July 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I guess the best one was two weeks ago, when I had taken my hair down to re-do an updo. My supervisor called me in for an earlier meeting than expected, looked at me seriously for a moment, then exclaimed "you have mermaid hair!!!" Hahaha, I guess she had never seen me with hair freshly unbraided.

Odd that she didn't mention the tail though... :wink:

Shepherdess
July 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I can't think of any at the moment, but I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. :p

Dragon Faery
July 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM
My husband confessed he'd almost burnt his nose off while lighting a cigarette (I know, I know...) because he was so distracted by the sight of me braiding my hip length hair!

Haha, I love this one!
And the OP's compliment (from 2 years ago) about being a fairy was awesome, too. :)

domisimone
July 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I had some Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and Curl Enhancing Smoothie on my hair for a dry DC, and my hair was just thrown into a ponytail. I went to hug my gramma goodbye (I had slept over her house for the weekend). She took a deep breath and said, "Oh, I just love that smell. Your hair always smells so good. What do you put in it?"

RiotPrrl
July 20th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Last time I got a haircut my hairdresser kept complimenting my hennaed hair. She thought the color was gorgeous on me and that it didn't look home-dyed. :)

LaUvas
July 20th, 2012, 06:09 AM
A few years ago in high school, when I was just at BSL or so, a girl in my class used to call me Legolas because of my hair, I really don't know if she said it as a compliment but I took it as one ^_^

Now that I'm at hip length I get told a lot that my hair is getting really long, usually by relatives or acquaintances that I haven't seen in a while.

But the one that really makes me happy is when my aunt tells me I look like a Lamia, which is a kind of mermaid with duck feet from basque mythology, they are believed to live next to rivers and comb their hair with golden combs.
They are believed to look like this: http://www.ahari.org/irudiak/Pertsonaiak/lamia.jpg

domisimone
July 20th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I posted yesterday but I just remembered another!
I was with a friend that I hadn't seen since I decided to embrace my curls. I went to hug her but she grabbed me by my shoulders and said, "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!" like the little girl from Despicable Me. I love how voluminous and big my hair can look, and I'm glad others love it too.

BrownEyedBeauty
July 21st, 2012, 08:10 PM
I have a friend and her father who have known me for 20 years. Her dad was telling me he remembers my long hair and that it was "so so so so beauuutiful". He said it with his eyes shut too, and his wife who was sitting next to him, agreed that my hair was beautiful. This took place a year and half ago and my hair was up so he couldn't see the length, but I informed him that I was in the process of growing it out again. It was so sincere that I will never forget it.

CareBear
July 21st, 2012, 09:54 PM
I was at work and had taken my hair down, bun headache. I had said something about it being hot, and my coworker looked over at me an said "You're wearing a vest and you have your hair down. It's like a fur coat on top of everything." Lol it cracked me up and made my day.
Tonight at Red Robin a waitress came up to me and complimented my braided updo, I always think it's nice when a stranger notices and actually says something.... :)