PDA

View Full Version : Capsicum Oleoresin & Friends

aenflex
September 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
One of my reasons for joining was to post and share a growth experiment that I’ve started on 8/27/10. I had my last micro trim then, and have added a growth routine to my regular doings. I am using Capsicum Oleoresin and some others. I will post monthly pics, or links to my blogger account for pics, since I’m not sure when I will have permission to post photos here.
Capsicum Oleoresin, found it at Garden of Wisdom, for like 3 dollars. It’s VERY strong, I mix in single use batches with Avocado oil, ratio about 20/80. I start on one side of my head, making small parts and using fingertips to apply directly to scalp, and I work my way across to the other side of my head. Quite a warming sensation. I leave it on over night. WARNING! If you choose to use CO - cuts around the fingertips will hurt for hours if gloves not worn (I don’t). Stray hair coming in contact with eyes – hurts bad. Rinsing/washing out – be very careful not to get rinsewater in your eyes. Of course I’ve done all 3 and I’m still here J But seriously CO is essentially pepper spray so being careful is a must. I bun/sleepcap it after application. 2-3 times per week.

Scalp massage mixture of Camellia, Argan, Black Castor, Broccoli Seed oils, and Shea Butter, Salicylic Acid and Rosemary EO. I don’t have dilution ratios because this is a finished organic product that I buy. 1-2 times per week using same application method. NOTE: this oil is very dry, I can do this at night and by morning my roots are no longer oily, so this is what I do before non-wash mornings.

I supplement these applications with fingertip scalp massage and massaging with my paddle brush which has blunt, wide spaced, rounded wooden bristles. I am shooting for 5-6 inches in 6 months, my normal growth rate is right at .5 inches/month, so I want to shoot for doubling it. This may very well be a pipedream, I know.

If anyone has an advice or input please share!! I’m impatient as all get out and welcome new things I may never have thought of. Cheers!:rolleyes:

littlenvy
September 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the board! :)

I have one thing to say, you are very brave.
Not sure I would be able to put something like that on me. (this coming from someone who put Neem oil in her hair ... half a bottle of it! lol)
But ... as always I'm for a look out for things that make hair grow.

So I'm wishing you the best of luck! I wish you will get something good growing for all your pain.

little_cherry
September 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Ooh sounds.....spicy! :D

I added pepper seeds to my hair oil.... o_O

aenflex
September 11th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I would be lying if I said it wasn't a HOT situation. I've read a few places that the heat will bring blood and promote circulation, which will feed the follicle, and I am hoping to accelerate my growth substantially. But getting the dilution ratio was tricky and I burnt my fingers :( Bad. I cannot wait to post some photos and get to the end of my 6 month trial so I can see if there is any truth to this or if I'm just nuts.

Fractalsofhair
September 11th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Possibly the massage will help the most, and won't require burning your fingers!

aenflex
September 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I agree massaging is awesome! I've always done it in some form or another. But I really hope there is something to the pepper extract. My circulation stinks in general. But I may just have to get some gloves :)

aenflex
September 11th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Here is my start pic (8/31/10)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E8YQg-mbP6c/TH0Yv5ST1LI/AAAAAAAAABo/l9rvNcl0QKA/s320/hair+002.jpg