PDA

View Full Version : Potential Trouble Spot?

aenflex
September 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hello Everyone!
I am a new member of the forum, but have been a casual reader for a few years now. I have learned so much here that I cannot help be anything but grateful! I feel that I know a good bit about hair, and I know what works for mine, but cannot wait to learn more and contribute, too. I have had quite long hair, and I’ve had short bobs, and everything inbetween.
My 1st question to you all is about a thin spot. I have semi-coarse strands, but meduim thin hair in terms of number of strands. It’s always been this way, and into my 30’s I have still never noticed any thinning or overall loss of hair. But I’ve always had a spot on the top/back-ish part of my head where the hair is pretty sparse. That area is always a little tender too. I don’t currently wear my hair up, so it’s not the ache associated with letting my hair down after a long day of bun/pony, etc. I don’t think I’m allowed to post a photo (yet) or I would gladly do it. Anyone else experience this phenomenon? A (ooh I hate calling it this) junior baldspot in training type thing? An area of the scalp where towards the top of the head that is more sparse than any other?
Thanks so much for any input!
:cheese:

littlenvy
September 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if its the same thing, but since you said that you have always had it...
my stepdaughter has very nice hair but the way it grows is different than anybody else. The hair grows in a reverse direction and does not meet at the crown. So, she has a very little "bald" spot there. (can't really call it bald since there was never any hair there)
Now ...because of this we (when she was younger) and she now has to be very careful not to get any sun on it. The skin is very sensitive there and burns really quickly.

Could that be it?? You may have something like this just not as "bold"?

Kathie
September 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I have one too... mines at the front :( I try to part my hair so its hidden. I've always had it... but really dont like it. When I tried CO-only this little spot was a little sore. I had a camera near by so I've taken a quick shot...

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/kathie21/thin.jpg

Alix
September 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
My brother has one. He has a spot where his hair is supposed to make a circle, and then he has a second. It's a sort of birth mark I believe?

sunrain
September 11th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Mine is at the back side of the crown on the right side of my head. It's more like a line, or a part, really. Sometimes it's tender, but that's mostly when I've been scratching or massaging a lot because my scalp is itchy. I only started noticing it recently, so I don't know if it's always been there or not since I didn't used to look at the back of my head so much. Could be cowlicks, or the pattern the hair is growing in. I think I've found a way to disguise it though.

aenflex
September 11th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Oh, thank you thank you!! I've been massaging that area for at least a year now hoping for some change, but nothing....At least I'm not the only one with this area. When I wear my hair down, it's plain to see, but alas, it's better than not having hair there at all.

tinti
September 11th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I also have a tender area on my head, it's on the left of my crown. But that's a cowlick that forms a circular part there, and the hair there allways kindof pokes up before the lenght is going downwards. When I had short hair the hair in that area allways stood straight up, or leaned forward towards my bangs. It's very tender and I've tried to massage it to make it "normal", but it never worked. The thickness and color is normal like normal, though.

Fairlight63
September 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I have one also on the back left side of my head, I have always had it. I call it my "gap". I HATE it! The hair dresser once said that it is a cowlick, uck.

I try to cover it up by wearing half-ups mostly. Anyone else have any other tips on how to camaflage it?