PDA

View Full Version : What's this style?

Periwinkle
May 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Okay. I did have a picture of this, but then I accidentally deleted it, so now I don't. I can take one if it's needed, though.

What I did was this:

I picked up the top half of my hair, like I was going to make a half-ponytail. Then I twisted that bit into a cinnabun and held it.

Then, I separated the hair that was still on my shoulders into two halves. I picked up the right-hand side one and chucked it over the top of the bun towards the left, so it was draped over the top. Then I did the same with the left-hand one, so that it hung over to the right.

Then I secured it with a hairstick.

The effect looks a bit like something that one of my friends does with her short, very fine hair. She picks it all up and then uses a huge long clip to pin it to the back of her head (horizontally), so that it hangs down over the clip.

If you lift the fringy bits up, then there's a loose cinnabun with 'curtains' made of the hair that's pulled up.

Does this style have a name? If it doesn't, then I'd like to call it the peacock cinnabun because it's a cross between a peacock twist and a cinnabun. Sort of.

It's surprisingly sturdy and is holding a lot better than my cinnabuns normally do. It's also very comfortable because less hair is being pulled.

Flaxen
May 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Peacock cinnabun sounds good to me. :grin: I know the exact look your friend wears, too. I once saw that style on someone with thick hair and a very blunt hemline. It looked fantastic.

Islandgrrl
May 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Oh, that sounded so neat I just had to try it. I don't have a picture, either, but it's fun!

Sherri
May 23rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I would love to see a pic :thumbsup: if anyone has one.

eadwine
May 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Pictures please! I am having a hard time imagining this one hihi

Patrycja
May 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
hey! I can do that with the way that you described it.I'm another vote for a picture when you get a chance :D

camillacamilla
May 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Pictures please! I am having a hard time imagining this one hihi

YES please pictures! I can't seem to imagine this one either.