PDA

View Full Version : Can Your Hair Become "Immune" To A Product?

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I've been using up my shampoo and conditioner stash before starting a CO routine and I've been using the same Tresemme clarifying shampoo and Herbal Essences beautiful ends split-end protection intensive conditioner (for the rasberry smell yum!) for the past few months, probably since the beginning of the year. (The shampoo is a huge bottle and the conditioner was on some silly offer.)

For the past two weeks after shampooing my roots, rinsing then applying conditioner, leaving it on for a few minutes then rinsing it out I've noticed that my hair isn't as soft and my ends feel dry once my I've left my hair to air dry. I've never had this problem before and I haven't changed anything in my hair routine.

A friend suggested my hair may have become "used to" or "immune" to my conditioner and has stopped working as well as it once did and isn't conditioning my hair. Is this possible? Should I change my conditioner?

Domino
September 9th, 2010, 03:22 PM
It may be too obvious but I'm not familiar with the conditioner so I must ask...does it contain cones?

spidermom
September 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Using clarifying shampoo for month after month would probably be very drying.

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yes my conditioner contains cones, and I suppose the clarifying is becoming very drying on my hair, maybe I should go back to breaking up the clarifying shampoo.