PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Awkward Stage

TeddyK
September 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I was looking back at the few pictures i took of my hair as it was growing out and saw one of my first real ponytail and remembered how excited I was, but also that it only lasted for about a day or two because then i realized that I looked like i had a rabbits tail stuck on my head. It was like i was back in the awkward stage again in a way. It took like another 4 or 5 months before I finally quit thinking about cutting my hair. Did others have this kind of experience too?

little_cherry
September 9th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Yes! My awkward stage was before I could English braid, bun and use hair sticks!!! For some reason, I tried hair sticks when my hair couldn't hold them hoping that magically they will hold my hair..

Unofficial_Rose
September 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
You know, I was immensely relieved to have even a little pony stub like the one you describe, because a) at least it looked nice from the front (I find it easy to ignore how it looked from the back) and b) no more getting up to wash & style it every single day.

The next good/awkward stage is enough for a dodgy-looking French braid, which I find more comfortable. (Although like the ponytail it improves month by month, until you have the real deal):)

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, my awkawd stage was similiar to yours when you can just about tie your hair back but that's all you can do with it and your ponytail is tiny :) you think oh it's just so much easier to cut it off, but you know you'd regret doing it haha.

eezepeeze
September 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
My most recent awkward stage was when most of my layers were all at shoulder length and my hair had a triangle shape when it was down. It was during this time that I learned to do a lot of updos and braids because I knew I didn't want to cut, but I didn't like looking like a pyramid, either. I'm so glad that now most of my layers fall behind my shoulders down my back. Yay!

tinti
September 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM
My bangs are not long inough so that I can pull it behind my ear, so when I'm at work and I've forgotten to take a pin or clip with me it's really awkward to have my hair in my eyes and it must seem really stupid to, having the bangs like a curtain infront of my eyes.

Alvrodul
September 13th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I never really had exactly that problem - I have always detested ponytails because my hair is so slick, which means a lot of ponytail-toys just tend to slide out. It gets really annoying fast!
But when it comes to growing out bangs, I can give you chapter and verse, mostly laden with less-than-polite language. I have had bangs several times, which is OK when the bangs are the "right" length. Only they get to that annoying ends-in-your-eyes far too fast - which means trimming them, or when I have decided to grow them out, they are just a pain from then until they are long enough that I can use hair clips without it just looking weird or my hair escaping. Which it will if it is too short.

Phexlyn
September 14th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I experienced a second awkward stage way later, when my hair was between waist and hip, and all of the updos I knew didn't work anymore or looked weird and had bits sticking out ;)

It's easier to get over this than the usual awkward stage at around shoulder length or shorter, though.