PDA

View Full Version : tough getting used to my hair being itself not forced into a style

lady G
May 22nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
when i get to this grown out of a chin length bob past chin inbetween chin and shoulder time its tough lol i find my hair doing what it likes it will not conform to a particular STYLE i find this part annoying i feel a mess but i know it has to be gone through, anyone else out there feeling like that? plus i am attempting to grow out the fringe and am wearing a skinny hairband to keep it off my face it looks ok i guess but in my thirties am i not too old for this look lol

Eboshi
May 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
When I get to this stage ( I am growing out of a chin length bob) it is past the chin and "in-between-chin-and-shoulder" time. This is tough *laughing out loud*.

I find that my hair does what it likes and it will not conform to a particular style. I have to admit that I find this part to be annoying. I feel very messy however I know that this is a stage that needs "getting through." Does anyone else out there feel this way ?

Additionally, I am attempting to grow out my fringe. I wear a skinny hairband to keep it off my face. It looks ok, I suppose, but I am in my thirties. Am I too old for this look ? *laughing out loud*

You're never too old, ladyg

harpgal
May 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
when i get to this grown out of a chin length bob past chin inbetween chin and shoulder time its tough lol i find my hair doing what it likes it will not conform to a particular STYLE i find this part annoying i feel a mess but i know it has to be gone through, anyone else out there feeling like that? plus i am attempting to grow out the fringe and am wearing a skinny hairband to keep it off my face it looks ok i guess but in my thirties am i not too old for this look lol
Lady G, I am having a hard time understanding your post because of the lack of punctuation. Would you be so kind as to use capitalization at the beginning of your sentences and also when you use first person singular, i.e. "I". Also, please use periods at the end of your sentences. Thanks! :)

lady G
May 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lady G, I am having a hard time understanding your post because of the lack of punctuation. Would you be so kind as to use capitalization at the beginning of your sentences and also when you use first person singular, i.e. "I". Also, please use periods at the end of your sentences. Thanks! :)

Sorry about that. I tend to type as I think and forget to punctuate properly!!!! train of thought gets carried away and I should re-read before I post and correct my sentences :D

harpgal
May 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Sorry about that. I tend to type as I think and forget to punctuate properly!!!! train of thought gets carried away and I should re-read before I post and correct my sentences :D
LOL! I hear ya! My fingers get ahead of my brain all the time. Thanks for trying, though. I would love to read more of your posts. :)

Islandgrrl
May 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Lady G, I don't think you're alone in those in-between awkward stages. We all go through them at various times. I'm smack in the middle of one now at BSL. My hair's long enough to do a cinnamon bun but not long enough to do much else with because of the thickness. I very clearly remember the not-chin-not-shoulder stage and it was challenging. Do whatever works to keep it out of your way and looking decent. The stage will pass soon and then you'll have to come up with new ways to deal with your added length! A very happy problem indeed when you're dedicated to growing your hair long!

spidermom
May 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Here is that awkward stage on me: washed, conditioned, and naturally air-dried.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/BOONEW.jpg
Of course, with the right makeup, it doesn't look too bad. Right?

(Don't worry; this too shall pass. I'm living proof.)

Katurday
May 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
I AM SO MUCH IN YOUR BOAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
Down to the skinny headband (although I'm lucky enough to be 15 and the look is "in" right now).
I've basically been tying it into ponytails.
Thank god I'm a fast grower and summer's coming up.
P.S Try bobby pins to keep bangs back - it is a little more mature than a skinny headband. Or just keep the headband - anything looks as good as you act it does. Confidence is key!

paper
May 24th, 2008, 07:08 AM
My hair is a mess too! I pretty much wear a headband every day. I wear a thin brown one, that matches my hair so it's not so obvious. I'm looking forward to my next trim. I have about an inch of layers left in the back and will be getting all that cut off. I've been keeping my hair at shoulder length and cutting off layers. So that will be a big goal for me :) Just have to have patience through these awkward stages.

LaurelSpring
May 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Count me in on the awkward stage. I am using bobby pins and the oil helps some. My layers stick out of things and I try to poke them back in. Overall my hair is longer than its ever been, but when I look at it it feels so short. Some days it actually looks shorter to me. I just have to keep wearing it up and try not to think about it. Without the curling iron my layers look shaggy. I have had a couple of little milestones. It did get caught under my arm the other day and when I felt it on my back after my shower one day it felt longer than ever. I am fighting a summer trim urge but just keep on going. Everyone's pics and advice here encourage me.

lora410
May 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I think we have all been at that IN BETWEEN stage. Soon it will be over, and you will feel tons better. :flower: