PDA

View Full Version : Wow, there are actually 25 steps to this updo's instructions

JCFantasy23
September 9th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Either these instructions are the most walk-through types I've seen and the style isn't as complicated as it looks, or else the style really is this complicated.

Kind of pretty though, not sure when the occasion would arise to wear it, but I like how different it is.

Instructions (http://www.ukhairdressers.com/diy/coiffure/index.asp)

Anyone seen something like this before?

Hotrox
September 9th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I am still mastering 'grab, twist and pin' basics so I could never do this but its kind of cool. I love how detailed the instructions are, but a page for each one, gee!

misstwist
September 9th, 2010, 07:22 AM
This is one of my favorite hairdo sites. I want to know what book those first three are from. Some of the other styles are from the Patrick Cameron long hair books.

Those types of very precise instructions have helped me break down other looks so that I can take a stab at recreating them.

And doesn't the gal in the "braided look" on the index page look like Starbuck?

chopandchange
September 9th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Wow that's a very nice updo. Personally I would do it without the added hairpiece, but it's a very good idea for those with thinner hair or people who want to add a funky new colour.

edit: my alternative, three-step instructions would be:

1. Make three horizontal ponytails
2. Drape a hairpiece betwen the top one
3. Randomly drape, weave, and pin the three ponytails however takes your fancy.

Angeletti
September 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I will have to try this, I have artificial bright red and blonde braiding hair so I may be able to use that for this hairstyle. I'll post a picture if it turns out.

enfys
September 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I don't have anywhere near enough combs!

I can imagine it being a great atlernative wedding style or something...with enough minions to help...

Mirsha
September 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Seeing the combs stick out of her haid is just hilarious!

I should pass on this hairstyle though, I'd pull it out within hours! ("AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I want something to play with! *rip*")

spidermom
September 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Short attention span; only made it through the first 7 steps and lost interest.

slz
September 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM
And all of this to end up looking like you accidentally dropped a plate of mishap spaghetti on your head :laugh: !

may1em
September 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I think some of them should have been broken up further. It looks impressive, though. I'd probably try to find a purple hairpiece.

Anje
September 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Huh, tailcombs as temporary hairsticks....

I suppose it'd work, but I think I'd probably be using something like knitting needles or pencils or bbq skewers.

Unfortunately, the whole thing seems to rely on being glued in place with hairspray to stay put.

Longlocks3
September 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I really like the coil hairstyle. I may have to try that!

But 25 slides lost my interest quickly.

CaityBear
September 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Wow... that actually looks pretty cool. I might have to try it sometime... :)

Tiina
September 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Huh, tailcombs as temporary hairsticks....

I suppose it'd work, but I think I'd probably be using something like knitting needles or pencils or bbq skewers.

Unfortunately, the whole thing seems to rely on being glued in place with hairspray to stay put.

I think the hairspray can be left out if you twist the hair and pin it instead. Maybe rope-braiding the individual sections would be possible too but that would need a lot of hair and a lot of time.

adiapalic
September 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM
That's pretty amazing. I like the sort of modern touch with the contrast between her hair and the super blonde attachment. Also, I though those pins used to make the twists were really handy in making them more graceful and neat.
:flower:

Heidi_234
September 10th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I actually like it a lot. I love strong contrast in hair colors, and this updo makes great use of it. I would love to see LHCers trying it out, it would look amazing! I also love how the combs just magically stay in the hair no matter what direction they are inserted, but that's not the point.

christine1989
September 10th, 2010, 02:47 AM
I can't envison anyone being able to do that themselves! I'm sure I could do it on someone else but I would just make my hair a tangled mess if I tried it on me.

Heavenly Locks
September 10th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I'd definitely need an extra hand or three!! :)

I think with some gentle hairspray and good pinning it would be doable and not terribly damaging.

hmmm
September 10th, 2010, 03:30 AM
And all of this to end up looking like you accidentally dropped a plate of mishap spaghetti on your head :laugh: !

This.

It looks like half a day's work to me - people actually do that to themselves? Someone should direct them to torrinpaige's channel :lol: