PDA

View Full Version : fantastic new vintage hairstyling book

vanity_acefake
September 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Just wanted to let you all know about a great new vintage hairstyle book i got. Its called Vintage Hairstyles by Lauren Rennells and its amazing. It has 34 hairstyles and lots of how tos aswell. Just thought you vintage hair lovers would like to know. :)

1953Diygal
September 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Me gots that book, too, and I love it!:agree:

I went through a buying spree a couple of years ago (ah, mania....) and bought that book along with Stage and Screen Hairstyles by Kit Spencer (there's also a Stage and Screen Makeup book by the same author) and How TO Handle Long Hair: Recreating Glamorous 1950s Hairstyles. Do not waste your money on Authentic 1940s Hairstyles...if you could even afford it now. I've seen copies going for about $200 on Amazon and Ebay. I bought it when it first came out. It's confusing and the styles are mostly for short hair.

misstwist
September 9th, 2010, 07:41 AM
How TO Handle Long Hair: Recreating Glamorous 1950s Hairstyles.

How useful is that one? It's the one I'm most interested in that I haven't bought.

dreamy10
September 9th, 2010, 07:56 AM
hmmm *adds to list of things to check*

Stevy
September 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Just wanted to let you all know about a great new vintage hairstyle book i got. Its called Vintage Hairstyles by Lauren Rennells and its amazing. It has 34 hairstyles and lots of how tos aswell. Just thought you vintage hair lovers would like to know. :)

Oh, I'd been wondering about that book! Does it have many styles for waist length plus hair?

misstwist
September 9th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Oh, I'd been wondering about that book! Does it have many styles for waist length plus hair?

Most of the models have hair between apl and long bsl.

I maintain that most styles that call for at least shoulder length hair can be done at nearly any length if you are willing to futz with the hair and adapt the techniques.