PDA

View Full Version : Hair phobias ??

littlenvy
September 7th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I’m just wondering if anyone has any unusual hair phobias.

I find that I’m terrified of and disgusted with shed hair.
No problem with hair that’s still attached to the head but once it comes off …. *shudders*
I can’t stand ANY hair on my brush or comb and I have to brush over the toilet bowl so that I can flush (right away) any hair that falls. I even started to brush my hair outside so that I don’t see any on my bathroom floor.
WORST is someone else’s shed hair! My poor step daughter has BSL hair that she quite mistreats (teenager and all) and I like it just fine on her head, but once I see it anywhere in the bathroom it makes me want to gag.
WORST YET is hair in our bathroom at work or stranger’s hair. Right now there is one person I will NOT go to the bathroom after because she does her hair there in the morning and there is always one or two around the sink.
I know its just shed hair that recently has been attached to someone and it can’t hurt me but goodness … it just creeps me out.

Mexibeach
September 7th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Haircuts!
Never used to but now......

redkdawg
September 7th, 2010, 12:10 PM
it's not a phobia, but I keep a firm eye on hair dressers when I do get my hair cut. A lot of times, I want 3 inches trimmed off, but the dresser trims off (what feels like) 5 inches off.

Honestly, if I want only 3 inches trimmed, then just trim the 3 inches off. I don't care if you think more needs to come off...

swivelhop
September 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Not sure if its a phobia but christmas candles. Why are they EVERYWHERE? WHO PUT A CANDLE ON THE TOILET TANK? In the stairwell? On the tree? Floating in the tub of water in the bathroom to be pretty for guest? So it is a phobia.

Wanderer09
September 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Ditto on the candles! I love having candles and incense in my room, but I don't dare unless my hair is safely up.

virgo75
September 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I’m just wondering if anyone has any unusual hair phobias.

I find that I’m terrified of and disgusted with shed hair.
No problem with hair that’s still attached to the head but once it comes off …. *shudders*
I can’t stand ANY hair on my brush or comb and I have to brush over the toilet bowl so that I can flush (right away) any hair that falls. I even started to brush my hair outside so that I don’t see any on my bathroom floor.
WORST is someone else’s shed hair! My poor step daughter has BSL hair that she quite mistreats (teenager and all) and I like it just fine on her head, but once I see it anywhere in the bathroom it makes me want to gag.
WORST YET is hair in our bathroom at work or stranger’s hair. Right now there is one person I will NOT go to the bathroom after because she does her hair there in the morning and there is always one or two around the sink.
I know its just shed hair that recently has been attached to someone and it can’t hurt me but goodness … it just creeps me out.

Oh my goodness, I'm the same way with shed hair!

I can't stand my own.
Especially wet, in the shower, stuck to me.
The worst feeling in the world is running my hand down my arm or leg in the shower and pulling up a wet hair that was stuck to me. :puke:

What's even worse(maybe TMI?) is that when I wash my hair in the shower, for some reason all the shed hairs get stuck in between my legs. Finding them there is just - :puke: :puke:

I'm starting to encourage my daughter to (finally) do her own hair. But washing it, detangling it, then styling it and ending up with all kinds of long wet hair stuck to my hands is just - :puke: :puke: :puke:

Finally, my mother sheds really, REALLY bad.
She visits almost weekly and I find her hair everywhere - on my furniture, on MY bed, in MY clothes that I haven't even worn yet.... I've also found some in my dishes on my dish rack. :puke:

Sorry for the long rant.
You hit a nerve. :shudder:

littlenvy
September 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I feel you guys on the candles. I only have ones for scent or looks not for lighting.

As for trims ... my hubby cuts my hair so he know better than to take off more than I request. ;)

>snip>
Finally, my mother sheds really, REALLY bad.
She visits almost weekly and I find her hair everywhere - on my furniture, on MY bed, in MY clothes that I haven't even worn yet.... I've also found some in my dishes on my dish rack. :puke:

Sorry for the long rant.
You hit a nerve. :shudder:
OMG Virgo75 - THAT is my nightmare!! If I ever saw hair near my dishes or kitchen counter I would not be able to eat or cook there for weeks!
When I eat out I always make sure the cooks and the servers wear hairnets ... and my waiters have to have a shaved head or the shortest hair possible (just in case) or I can't eat there.

And the shower thing .. yeah (((( virgo )))) hugs!

TrudieCat
September 7th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I get really paranoid about stuff getting in my hair if I'm wearing it down. Once I had a bug fly into it on a windy day and I've been paranoid ever since.

Tiina
September 7th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hair in the bathdrain, especially after doing the laundry. Wet and messy and infused with dirt and filth... :justy: I can't stand it. Can't even look at it without feeling physically disgusted. Unfortunately, if I don't remove it, there will soon just be more.

OtiggerificO
September 7th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'm with you on disgusting drain hair, I'm not phobic about it, it just gives me the grue shudder:
However I am phobic about bugs in my hair, I tend not to brush it between showers so I wouldn't find anything and my Mum once found a spider in my hair, which totally freaked me out.

ArienEllariel
September 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
how about bugs in my hair... *shiver* I've had it happen a few times and it creeps me out so much!

JenniferNoel
September 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I can't have my hair down behind me when there are people sitting/standing behind me. I just can't, especially little kids. I do not like the idea of someone I don't know touching my hair, or worse, sneaking a snip.

vanity_acefake
September 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Trudiecat i am the same as you. Last week i was at the back door having a ciggie ( i know, very bad!) and i felt what i thought was my hair blowing in the wind but when i went back indoors it continued to move! I freaked out shaking my hair like a crazy woman and an enormous spider fell out! The ones with wee bodies and huge long spindly legs (i have a daddy long legs phobia - the cranefly and these are the spider world equivalent so you can imagine the state i managed to work myself into!). I was saved by my dog gizmo (my big brave papillon/yorkshire terrier x) who promptly ate the spider! And now every time my hair tickles me i jump and am creeped out.

jackiesjottings
September 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Mine is also the shed hair one. I can cope with my own shed hairs but if there are hairs in the basin in, say, a public loo... nooooooo! I have to use a different one.

Loreley
September 9th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I have two hair phobias. When I'm travelling by bus (especially if it's crowded and there are people standing next to me) I always dread that lice will fall in my hair. :disgust:shudder: Lice are quite rare here, I've never had them but I'm always terrified.
The other one is that I'm disgusted by using a comb, brush or even a scrunchie which was used by someone else before. When my friend borrowed my comb I gave it to her but washed it when I got home. I know her hair is clean and she doesn't have any infections or something like that but I just can't use it after her.

JCFantasy23
September 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Well, shedding or anything like that doesn't bother me at all. It goes through my mind on being cautious in public with ponytails though. Articles have led me to be worried someones going to cut off most of my hair. And - while not a phobia per se - I won't go to a hairdresser for fear of it turning out bad.

CourtneyBee
September 9th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm utterly terrified of the fan! I always avoid changing the speed or turning it off because if I got too close...

AHH

My family was watching Hoarders on TLC the other day (worst home I've seen yet) and the investigator had her APL hair down and I had to walk out of the room! It literally gave me the heebie jeebies

Yozhik
September 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I get really paranoid about stuff getting in my hair if I'm wearing it down. Once I had a bug fly into it on a windy day and I've been paranoid ever since.

I'm with you on disgusting drain hair, I'm not phobic about it, it just gives me the grue shudder:
However I am phobic about bugs in my hair, I tend not to brush it between showers so I wouldn't find anything and my Mum once found a spider in my hair, which totally freaked me out.

Yes and yes! Bugs freak me out, and for good reason! Once when I was younger my mother was brushing my hair, and I felt something tickling my leg. I thought it was my hair, but when I went to brush it away, it was a cockroach! Also, a few years ago I traumatically got a fly caught in my hair. I don't know who was more frantic -- me or the fly. Eventually, I managed to free it. And actually, just this past summer, I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car with an open window, and a bee flew in and got caught in my hair! Thank God it was a bumble bee and didn't sting me, but it was still really scary to have something buzzing in my hair! :eek:

Rusalka
September 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I am terrified of getting my hair cut by someone on purpose as a joke or something. I know it is very irrational but when we were little it was common to cut a piece of someone's hair as a prank. I've been growing my hair for 4 years now and I am nowhere near waist length. I am always paranoid that someone comes from behind and snips my growth and I would have to wait another 5 years before I reach my goal.

I stopped going to hairdressers too because I am apparently unable to convey my desire to have just a trim and not a style. I always ended up with some style the professional thought looks good on me but does not suit my lifestyle in any way. I've come to like the untrimmed look in the last year :)

christine1989
September 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I hate hair sticking to my clothes. I don't mind hair anywhere else but when it is on my clothes I can't focus on anything else until it is off.

mellie89
September 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I hate shed hair as well. I am always worried that I have shed hair on my back, so I am constantly looking in mirrors when my hair is down.

Other people's shed hair really disgusts me. Two years ago, there was a girl who lived across the hall from me in the dorms and she would leave a wad of long, brown hair stuck to the shower wall every morning. Ewww.

Chestershire
September 9th, 2010, 02:25 PM
hah, I get your feelings. Everytime I see a hair in my brush, I die a little inside.
I do have had some paranoid thoughts about people wanting to cut my hair when I sleep :D

Bene
September 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Not really a phobia, but I don't like the idea of strangers touching my hair. Just read someone's post about some creepy dude touching a stranger's hair without them knowing it. shudder:

irishlady
September 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM
My phobia is really dumb lol, I just get paranoid when I go into bathrooms, I have to put my hair up, the funny thing is it's only a little past armpit length, so it's hardly going to touch the toilet seat lol.

Also, I always think I'm going bald when I find shed hairs, I shed like crazy, even though I never really seem to be losing thickness or anything when I actually look, but yeah :P

Carrie Ingalls
September 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ever since I worked with a guy who said if I ever fell asleep at work he would cut my hair I have been a little freaked out that someone is going to just come up and cut my hair (or put glue/acid of some kind in it).

I hate hair in my food. One time I found three 2.5" whiskers in a bowl of soup at a potluck...ewww shudder:

Other people's hair left in the shower drain, especially in locker rooms/public bathrooms.

Lice, I am paranoid about those little critters! So, I am very picky about sharing anything used on or near the head, and as someone else already mentioned buses, ick.