PDA

View Full Version : My Redheaded Daughter's his is fading...HELP!!!

kmoc123
September 7th, 2010, 07:48 AM
My 21 yr old daughter has beautiful bright red hair, naturally, not colored. It is fading near her scalp by her forehead. What in the world could cause this???? We are both very upset about this...we love the red hair!!!

Night_Kitten
September 7th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Did she change her diet lately, or started/stopped taking some vitamins or supplements? Was she very stressed just before it started fading? Was there some important or significant event in her life lately?
Just to be on the safe side, maybe she should do a blood analysis to rule-out vitamin or iron deficiency...

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Sun? Some people's hair tends to fade very, very quick. New shampoo? Maybe it's too harsh? Stressful situations?

Loviatar
September 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
My friend Chrisa has black hair (she is Greek) but her bangs area near her forehead is reddish brown. She says it's because it's where she swipes her make-up cleansing wipes. She's never bleached it or dyed it there. The rest of her hair is black.

Crazy.

UltraBella
September 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Does she use any acne topical medications ? Something like benzoyl peroxide ? It will bleach hair around the hairline.
This can occur naturally, I have a dark haired friend with a large patch of blond hair growing in on her left side. My husband's little nephew also has a patch of much lighter hair.

TiaKitty
September 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Benzoyl peroxide face wash? Or even in a moisturizing product? That would bleach...

My reddish blonde (with a touch of henna) hair is naturally blonde around the forehead area. It's also finer and curlier.

I hope she figures it out!

virgo75
September 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
2nd that it might be the sun.
Or has she tried any new shampoos or conditioners lately?
Some can be harsh and fade color.

Rhianna
September 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'm no medical expert but I would check the hair by her scalp all over her head, if that hair is bleaching aswell that means it's growing out faded, I would then go to a doctor and ask for blood tests or something.
However, if it's only along her hairline bordering her face than I would feel pretty confident that it's being caused by her applying something topically that's bleaching it. If it is only on places where it would come in contact with a beauty product than the only thing left to do would be figure out the culprit.

VitaR86
September 7th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Well, I am no natural red head, but my Aunt is.... or was.
She had very pretty red hair till she was in her twenties. It faded to a light brown color and she colors it blonde now.

Aevra
September 7th, 2010, 09:47 AM
It could also be fading due to age. Both my grandmother and mother used to have red hair, but as they got older their hair started to fade from a vibrant coppery red (kind of like what you get if you add a little bit of hibiscus powder to a henna gloss) to a dull brown and finally to silver or white.) I am only 21 and I am noticing a little bit of fade to my red hair too, so I just did a Henna gloss (the mixture that I mentioned before) and it worked pretty well to give the colour back it's life.